• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OutBreak Power

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    not quite sure if this is the right section
    well i have this deck here that i made out of cards that me and my brother have. i was wondering if someone could help me reduce the amount of cards and/or add cards. here is a list

x3 Electric Energy
    x12 Fighting/Ground/Rock or watever its called
    x8 Metal Energy
    x3 Metal Energy (Special Energy Card)
    x2 Energy Search
    x2 Switch
    x3 Potion
    x1 Poke Radar
    x1 Bebe's Search
    x1 Professor Birch
    x1 Fisherman
    x2 Buck's Training
    x1 Technical Machine TS-1
    x1 Speed Stadium
    x2 Steelix GL (Rising Rivals)
    x2 Onix (Diamond and Pearl)
    x1 Steelix (Stormfront)
    x2 Shroomish (Secret Wonders & Supreme Victors)
    x1 Breloom (Secret Wonders)
    x3 Makuhita (Arceus, Great Encounters, & EX Ruby & Sapphire)
    x2 Hariyama (EX Ruby & Sapphire & Great Encounters)
    x4 Meditite (x3 from EX Crystal Guardians & Diamond and Pearl)
    x2 Medicham (Diamond and Pearl)
    x1 Skull Fossil (Mysterious Treasures)
    x2 Cranidos (Mysterious Treasures)
    x1 Rampardos (Mysterious Treasures)
    x1 Magnemite (Stormfront)
    x1 Holon's Magnemite (EX Delta Species)
    x2 Magneton (Diamond and Pearl)
    x1 Magnezone (Stormfront)
    x4 Machop (x1 from Stormfront, x2 from EX Power Keepers, & x1 from Hidden Legends)
    x2 Machoke (x1 from Diamond and Pearl & x1 from EX Power Keepers)
    x1 Machamp (Diamond and Pearl)
    x2 Beldum (x1 from Legends Awakened & x1 from Hidden Legends)
    x1 Metang (Legends Awakened)
    x1 Metagross (Legends Awakened)

i do have more of some of some of these cards, i just didnt feel that it was necessary. Anyways thank you very much and please tell me if some of the links are wrong

Years
  • For starters, you have way too many Pokemon. Get that number down from its current 38 down to about 22, then fill in that space with Trainers, Supporters, and Stadiums.

You also have too many types. Get rid of your electric types since they seem unnecessary.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    Ok so what pokemon should i get rid of? Also i dont have any electric types... the magnemite evolutions are all steel types they just weirdly need electric energys

Years
  • Since you seem to want a Fighting-Steel deck, ditch the Electric Energy and the Pokemon that need them. Simplifies things some.

I'm not sure which Pokemon you want to get rid of. Maybe some of your thinner evolution lines need to go (meaning the ones where you have just 1 or 2 Pokemon at one of the lower evolution stages - 2 is an acceptable number for a fully evolved portion of the family, or a stage 1 Pokemon, but not for Basics when you're in casual play).

Is this a casual play deck or do you plan on going to tournaments?

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    i would actually like to use my cards in a tournament but they dont fit the modified format... well im not actually sure i also have this other deck i just put together last night and i dont think that is fitted either

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • I would say to avoid steel greatly in the new format if you do build a deck for it since it has a big chance of getting scraped by the big boys, but really it's your choice. Steel has an issue to address that it has a huge weakness to the ever-prevalent fire decks in the format, that status conditions are rarely used so Steelix is a bust, and Scizor becomes the main focus of the deck, therefore causing you to have to stall heavily to get him ready to sweep for all of 2 turns. Unless you're not trying to metagame. I have a bad habit of thinking about the metagame.

What I would do right now since Oshawatt season is coming into play at leagues is go to a leagues, play some games and grab up some double colorless energies, and build a Cinccino deck. Do the wave!

I won't even lie when I say it took me a while to get my deck going. You'll probably have to start with what you have since most leagues aren't picky about what deck you use unless it's a sanctioned tournament. Build up legal cards for your deck, and gradually get a deck built over time. Make a deck that suits your playstyle; not one that the world champ used. Unless you've got cash to blow on cards, take your time and enjoy the game.

Back