• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Outfits on Gym Battles - Can we customize the number on the shirt's back?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • Lately I noticed on something in two recent Pokémon Direct that covers Sword and Shield. When entering Gym battles in Galar region, the numbers on the shirt's back are different. The first Direct shows the trainer wearing the shirt with the number 227, while on the second one, he wears the shirt with number 65 on the back.

This makes me wonder, can we pick our own numbers on Gym battle uniform? And how? Discuss away.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd rather not have to have my player character wear a football kit when gym battling so I am really hoping there are multiple options for battle attire!

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Leak stuff:

Spoiler:

Cid

Years
  • This reminds me of the outfits in USUM that use National Dex numbers of certain Pokémon to tell that they reference that Pokémon in particular. For example, the Arcanine group of clothing options having the number 59 (or was it 059) printed on them. Maybe a similar mechanic is behind the number change? Perhaps the National Dex number of the first Pokémon in your party?

Years
  • the soccer getup kinda looks meh and I'd rather wear something different entirely, but that's just me. it's not a significant enough deal and if the player is "required" to wear it only for gym matches then that's fine.

the number on the back is something I've never paid much attention to, though. :x

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I believe that the player can customize the color and number of the jersey, especially considering its differing appearances between the reveal trailer and the most recent trailer.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2019
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think maybe the first trailer debuted February 27 (227) thisyear? The recent Direct came on June 5 (65), right?

This leads me to suspect the number may be customizable, just like naming a Pokémon. It also makes me wonder if Milo's number (831) hints at something big coming on August 31?

Back