• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overnight Studying

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I don't overnight study because I think its stupid. However, when I do get an assignment for college, I usually finish it by that day so that would mean that I could be up all night finishing it just to get it out of the way.

:t354:TG

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
    Once my family went on a vacation right before exams, I have no idea why. We get back one day before my tests started, so yeah I was cramming all night. But I usually don't make it a habit.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I had trouble even studying during the day, let alone all night long. I'm just lucky that my memory retained pretty much everything, because in the end I got amazing results at school.

But yeah, studying overnight can't be healthy, especially when your exam is the following day. I can't imagine that a tired brain would retain information nearly as well as well-rested one would, so studying through the night would only serve as a psychological comfort in that you feel you've done all you can.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I can't study for more than half an hour straight before having to take a short break, and I just pay attention in class and make sure I remember everything well so I don't really need to study that hard. I've never studied overnight but I did stay up a few times to finish an essay or a project yeah.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Yes, I did plenty of overnight studying in 2006-2010. I would stay up until 1 AM and wake up at 4 AM to finish all of my homework. Of course, the exam or essay was due that school morning. Maybe I did it to myself, my poor health, but procrastinating gave me a good enough excuse to put my head down on my desk and tell people to stop bothering me.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I did it last year but it didn't work out for me. My sleep is ultimately the most important to me. :/

Years
    I don't generally study late into the night. I rather break it up throughout the day. I have spent many entire days studying, as in;

Wake up - > Breakfast - > Shower -> Study -> Lunch -> Study -> Dinner -> Shower - > Study -> Sleep.

And I don't mean some half ass bull crap studying either where you have your computer or whatever turned on and every five minutes you're browsing forums or whatever and studying in between. I've studied for 10+ hours easily in a day before.

Thankfully I will never have to do that again (inb4 jinxing myself).

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Allnighters were a necessity in my last year of College. I pulled quite a few 24-hour, 32-hour, 36-hour and 45-hour allnighters..

: | I can go a whole 32 hours no problem nowadays. 24-hour allnighters are nothing to me anymore. I'm not even phased by them.

It's not so much studying I was doing.. rather than completing assignments. I'd do all the important key drawings when I was fresh and awake.. and the rest like clean-up animation or inbetweening during the late nights, morning.. or second day of the "allnighter."
    There was no other option, really. Making your own film takes forever. 12-24 drawings per second of animation, my film was a minute and a half. Then you have to double that for the clean up art, scan, colour, composite, and do the backgrounds.. not to mention along the way there are a lot of "throw-away" drawings that just dont flow right in the sequence so you just have to do them over.

I have killed many trees, my friends..

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I never once pulled an all-nighter for school... I never really studied that much. Some people would study for hours and hours... and all the time like every night. I guess it's how I retain information... I just keep it in my head, I guess?

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Allnighters were a necessity in my last year of College. I pulled quite a few 24-hour, 32-hour, 36-hour and 45-hour allnighters.

I'm honestly envious of you. I can't even stay awake for more than around 18 hours, otherwise I crash completely soon or later or the day after.

4 hours is most I've studied in one sitting. Although subjects that are boring may be harder to study, time flies by when I do study things that I enjoy.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I'm honestly envious of you. I can't even stay awake for more than around 18 hours, otherwise I crash completely soon or later or the day after.

4 hours is most I've studied in one sitting. Although subjects that are boring may be harder to study, time flies by when I do study things that I enjoy.

Trick for me at least is NOT to drink energy drinks or caffeine or anything, but to get up and go outside for a breath of fresh air once every few hours. All the other stuff will make you crash for real. Having people around you will help, too. I'm the type of person who can't sleep in public places so that helps. And laughter.. being upbeat keeps you awake.

: | I dunno if I should actually be giving tips on this.. Hahaha..

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't think that has even come up in my mind before, mostly because I never bother studying anyway. But, yeah nope, never studied overnight.

Leavanny

YOU S3T MY SOUL 4L1GHT
    Years
    I've never stayed awake all night studying for anything, but I do occasionally stay up all night to complete assignments for college that are almost due - I sometimes end up with a couple of assignments not even started, with them being due in in a few days, so I just drink coffee for the entire day, and sit in front of my computer for hours at a time.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I never study, [EVER].

I just pay attention in class. It's that easy!
    And if you do pay attention, you get A's and B's. Unless it's a state test or something, I'm not spending more than one minute reviewing ANYTHING because all I have to do is do my homework and I'll be good.

Oh, to take middle school classes again. :(

I do it sometimes, during finals week last semester I pulled two all-nighters in a row but I took a 3-hour nap in between them so I didn't die. Staying up late is just natural for me, I think I'm on a cycle that's longer than 24 hours tbh, cause I'll want to stay up for 18-20 hours and then sleep and then stay up for another 18-20 hours. Buuuut usually I just cut out sleep to accommodate that.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Studying just doesn't work for me. I do so much better on a test when I don't spend much time studying. I'll sit up all night typing up an essay, though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Oh my goodness, I remember staying like past 3 am just to study, but I never actually pulled an actual all-nighter. Sometimes I *need* some sleep, even if it's 3 hours.

It's horrible. I try my best to get everything memorized before bedtime. xD

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
    My ADHD is so bad that no matter how much I'm enjoying something, I can't usually focus on the same thing for more than a couple of hours. Actually, two solid hours is pushing it, and I never enjoyed homework. xD; So no, I never pulled all-nighters, and honestly I never even studied all too late into the night. I tended to do my homework all at one time, and looking back I could've taken breathers and come back to it, but eh. I never did school work past 9 or 10 at night, and usually it was done directly after school hours. When it came to tests, a lot of my studying took place at school, with the help of friends, and teachers, rather than me cramming alone in my bedroom at night time.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I never stay studying after dinner (9 PM usually), and I'll only stay doing homework after that if it's incredibly urgent. I have never sacrificed my sleep for that, if any I'd wake up a bit earlier the following day, as it's better for me to wake up earlier than to go to bed later.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Less in the way of studying (if I did that for a long time it's usually for end-of-semester exams and done during the day anyway; I value my sleep) and more with assignments/etc in the case that I need to get it done for the next day and haven't had time for it before. Like say last semester in which I had something like 10 assessment tasks in the last two weeks. >_< I usually avoid it if I can though.

Back