• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Overrated?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    -sigh-
    I might sound crazy for saying this, but playing my HG version, well Im not getting much of a kick as I thought I would. Dont get me wrong though. I love the new features and stuff, but Im not getting that "pokemon vibe" from it.

So tell me, do you think these games are as good as you thought they would be?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    It has exceeded my expectations, except that it's been really easy so far. Then again, I'm over-training.. :)

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I freaking love this game! It has given me the huge pokemon kick that i've needed.

Off Topic:CoffeeWolf pic is sweet

Omega94

Experienced Swimmer
    Years
    Heart Gold has been everything that I've hoped for so far, GameFreak did an excellent job recreating Johto and helping people remember how much fun Gold was.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    Off Topic: Jolteon is one of my favorite pokes ^^

On Topic: Yeah they are kinda over rated...

Years
    I can genuinely say I love it. The nostalgia, the graphics, and the fact that is has two regions are the three big things that make it my favorite Gameboy game that I've ever played.

PokeFail

Getting a Nintendo DSi XL!
    Years
    Soulsilver is pretty much awesome but...Well my DS Lite broke down and I've like toke 15000 steps with the Pokewalker with my pidgeotto in it so its overtrained...

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    its an awesome game

but i wish it was harder since i beat the pokemon league in 2 days :/ but i still got the whole kanto region plus Red so im good

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    I don't think it is over rated. It all comes down to a matter of the person behind the game and personal preference. I love Pokémon HG/SS and it is definitely one of my favourite games. I completed it in Japanese and still enjoyed it much more than Platinum...

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
    Years
    I am absolutely gawking at the beautiful graphics. And I lurve the pokemanz following me about. I don't think it is over rated at all.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
    Awesome but it would be better if I didnt play the Japanese version :( I dont think I will play the japanese version of 5th gen (Maybe to try but I wont know what to do) Its awesome with the features and everything. The reason you probally arent getting that "vibe" is probally because its a re-make and you know what the plot is however when they bring out 5th gen you should get the vibe since you never played anything with that plot.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Awesome but it would be better if I didnt play the Japanese version :( I dont think I will play the japanese version of 5th gen (Maybe to try but I wont know what to do) Its awesome with the features and everything. The reason you probally arent getting that "vibe" is probally because its a re-make and you know what the plot is however when they bring out 5th gen you should get the vibe since you never played anything with that plot.
    Thats a reason why I never play Roms or other versions of games before I play them, because once you get the real thing you ruined it for yourself.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    It exceeded my expectations. Here I was, expecting something akin to FR/LG, and boy, I WAS WRONG! It had things that I would have never expected in a Pokémon game, such as Pokémon following you, Gameboy Player for when you get tired of remixes, it was brilliant!

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    It excedded my expectations. It has everything I loved about Pokemon Silver, along with throwing in the Crystal events, the Pokemon following element from Yellow, and extras I hadn't considered. Truth be told, I'd have just been happy with a straight remake, the extra stuff just make me even happier.

The only thing I was disappointed about was Crys getting replaced with Lyra.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    I'd give it a 9/10.

I've never played the Gold/Silver/Crystal games and by playing HG it seems like they have low-leveled PKMN.
    But it's in every PKMN game I guess :)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    The only disappointment I have is, in Johto, if a trainer isn't part of the storyline or a gym, their Pokemon levels never pass 25. This makes it long to train Pokemon to ~50 for the Elite Four (I'm already 42 before Claire, but I'm speaking in general - I need to get all six of my Pokemon to 50 to beat Claire by training in the Ice Cave swt).

Other than that, it's perfect. The Pokemon-following-you thing is awesome, and the PokeWalker is <3

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    The reason you probally arent getting that "vibe" is probally because its a re-make and you know what the plot is however when they bring out 5th gen you should get the vibe since you never played anything with that plot.
    yeah thats probably it, seeing how many times I started over my Crystal and Gold version.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    The thing with HGSS is, it's a really huge nostalgic boost for us Old Pokemanz Fans that started back with R/B/G/Y and have been with the franchise since.
    Most considered the originals of G/S/C to be the best generation of Pokemon games and with the LONG AWAITED release of HGSS, the hype has been amazing.
    And most of it is a really great feeling for us veterans of Johto, having waited a whole 10 years just for this!

Most of the newer Pokemon fans might not share the same feelings but I've got some friends that only ever played from Hoenn onwards and...
    They're absolutely amazed by HGSS and have gone back to play the originals too.

Back