• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overworld Shadows

Riansky

Purr
Years
  • Is there a way to add shadows via script or something because it really takes alot of time to do it by photoshop for more then 100+ Overworlds. So I wonder if anyone can share a script that does that or something. Thanks

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • There is currently no script that does such a thing automatically. As far as I am aware, it couldn't be done reliably either

Years
  • There's a few of them knocking around people's games, though they're private.
    It's not too hard to add though, just a case of dropping an image below every event in the scripts. Kind of like a paperdoll.

Riansky

Purr
    Years
  • There is currently no script that does such a thing automatically. As far as I am aware, it couldn't be done reliably either

There actually is but nobody want's to share which is normaly.
    There's a few of them knocking around people's games, though they're private.
    It's not too hard to add though, just a case of dropping an image below every event in the scripts. Kind of like a paperdoll.

Yeah but still its quite hard for someone who don't know anything about rpgpxp scripting

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years

There is. I assure you, because I am using one.

There actually is but nobody want's to share which is normaly.

I attribute this to a workload factor. It is something that is not that important to a game, and if the developer believes it is, then there are multiple means to managing OW's shadows. Sorry, but it is true.

Riansky

Purr
    Years
  • I attribute this to a workload factor. It is something that is not that important to a game, and if the developer believes it is, then there are multiple means to managing OW's shadows. Sorry, but it is true.
    Well it quite is important to me since Ow's without shadows looks really bad but I just wanted to know if there is any other way to do this without photoshop and if anyone can share a script or something.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The Essentials also come with this script (check the test map at lamppost event). Only put this at a corner.
    Help-14 also make it for battle.

Riansky

Purr
    Years
  • The Essentials also come with this script (check the test map at lamppost event). Only put this at a corner.
    Help-14 also make it for battle.
    I know for that but I don't want a shadow like this if you know what I mean. I want a shadow like oficial pokemon games like this:
    pokemon-diamond-20070412015328488_640w.jpg

See the shadow under characters? This is what I mean.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I know for that but I don't want a shadow like this if you know what I mean. I want a shadow like oficial pokemon games like this:
    pokemon-diamond-20070412015328488_640w.jpg

See the shadow under characters? This is what I mean.
    I also think this possibility, but I don't remeber any.
    Take note if you put only in the chars, if you jump a ledge the shadow jump too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I have one at the moment, though it's not mine to redistribute. It belongs to Wichu. However, I'm trying to edit it so that an animation appears below the player (ie. an image where the shadow gets smaller then bigger) as you jump over a ledge. Since that's the only real issue it has.

If Wichu ever returns, I'll see what I can do about getting the script public.

Riansky

Purr
    Years
  • I have one at the moment, though it's not mine to redistribute. It belongs to Wichu. However, I'm trying to edit it so that an animation appears below the player (ie. an image where the shadow gets smaller then bigger) as you jump over a ledge. Since that's the only real issue it has.

If Wichu ever returns, I'll see what I can do about getting the script public.

I hope you'll be able to make it public because its really boring doing shadows with photoshop -.-

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • I hope you'll be able to make it public because its really boring doing shadows with photoshop -.-

Are you doing it manually for each charset? You should look into Photoshop batch commands and macros; they allow you to process hundreds (if not thousands) of images very quickly.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Yes, as Mrchewy stated, you could do them through a batch command on photoshop. Here's a small introduction. However I'm not sure if they allow you to save as .png. If not, you can find a lot of batch image processors on google.

Back