• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Overworlds disappearing?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    So I'm trying to make two maps that are joined together, and it's pretty important that it's set up like this rather than being one map. But when I'm on one map, the OWs are invisible right up until I walk onto the next map, then they all appear at once.

My first thought was you need to make OWs out of sight when you transition, but there are areas in the vanilla game where there are OWs in view as you transition (E.G going from Route 4 to Ceruleun, the guy stood outside Mewtwo's cave is in sight when you transition). I couldn't figure out why it worked for the one's Gamefreak put it, but not mine?

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • So I'm trying to make two maps that are joined together, and it's pretty important that it's set up like this rather than being one map. But when I'm on one map, the OWs are invisible right up until I walk onto the next map, then they all appear at once.

My first thought was you need to make OWs out of sight when you transition, but there are areas in the vanilla game where there are OWs in view as you transition (E.G going from Route 4 to Ceruleun, the guy stood outside Mewtwo's cave is in sight when you transition). I couldn't figure out why it worked for the one's Gamefreak put it, but not mine?

trying to understand what your question is...

ok, this is how I understood your question
    This is very simple, How does the OW in Cerulean cave disappeared?

So lets tackle the scenario how it happened.
    The OW appears after you finished the Ruby-Sapphire Evente in 1 island
    After you finished the event in 1 island, Celio will set a certain flag which is the Person ID of the OW in Front gate of Cerulean Cave making it disappear permanently.

[BOLD] How to do it?[/BOLD]

•Making the OW disappear
    Setflag 0x300(or other flag)
    Then put the flag number you set in the OW person ID

to make it reappear:
    clearflag 0x300(or any flag)

hope this helps

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Noo not like that, I mean I have two maps connected to each other. And:

https://postimg.org/image/63ouis1wj/

That is a town (ignore the fact it's dark, was just playing with something), now if you take one step forward, you're entering another map as I have two connected.

But there are overworlds right in front of you that you can't see. But when you enter the map by stepping forward...

https://postimg.org/image/bkvq3ryef/

See my problem? My first thought was that maybe you just can't put overworlds near a map transition. But the cerulean cave guy is right next to a map connection just like mine.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • So I'm trying to make two maps that are joined together, and it's pretty important that it's set up like this rather than being one map. But when I'm on one map, the OWs are invisible right up until I walk onto the next map, then they all appear at once.

Yeah, OWs aren't loaded if they are located on an adjacent map, regardless of how close they are to the boundary. They remain loaded if you leave a map and they're nearby but quickly disappear when they are one or two steps outside of your view. There are a few ways to avoid an extremely abrupt pop-in and GameFreak has used a few tricks to do this.

The first and most obvious way to avoid a pop in is to structure your maps so that there aren't any OWs near the transition areas - You won't see them spawn if they're nowhere near you. Secondly, you could make a gatehouse like the ones surrounding Saffron City to help ease the transition. The Cerulean Cave guard doesn't use either of these techniques because of a little trick that Game Freak has done. If you open up Route 4 in Advance Map, go to the events tab and select the sixth person event you can see that they have an X/Y coordinate that goes beyond the rightmost side of the map. When you move the OW's position so that its visible you will be able to see that its the guard with no script attached. This is the guy that appears when you walk far enough in to Route 4 to de-spawn the proper guard in Cerulean City. When you walk back into Cerulean City and respawn the proper guard, the fake guard disappears for reasons that I'm not entirely sure about, but it seems to be connected to the fact that the fake guard has one of his unknowns set to 0xFF. Anyway, try messing around with this/ alternate scenarios and hopefully it will work out for you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Uhh, that is annoying. The second method you mentioned is exactly what I was hoping for.
    But it doesn't work in the particular map I wanted, as it is above. It works placing a person event too far right or down off the screen, but of course you can't put in a negative number to make them go too far up or left.

Guess I'll just have to join the maps together and run a script to change the music instead.

Is there a script to make a sign appear at the top, like when you enter a new area?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Uhh, that is annoying. The second method you mentioned is exactly what I was hoping for.
    But it doesn't work in the particular map I wanted, as it is above. It works placing a person event too far right or down off the screen, but of course you can't put in a negative number to make them go too far up or left.

Guess I'll just have to join the maps together and run a script to change the music instead.

Is there a script to make a sign appear at the top, like when you enter a new area?

Actually, you can put OWs in an map above the one you are in, you just have to overflow the OW's coordinates. If you set their Y coordinate to 0xFFFF then they will appear one tile above the map you're on. 0xFFFE for two tiles, 0xFFFD for three tiles etc.

No simple scripts that I know of. There would be a routine somewhere in the game that controls the dropdown name but I don't know where it is. There might also be a byte that controls whether the name drops down but once again, I'm unsure as to whether that's the case or not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Oh, awesome. I don't need to find a show sign script if I can overflow the OWs co-ordinates like that. Shall give it a try.

Back