• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Owning Both?

DexJr Karnage

Shiver TheKid
    Years
    I own both X and Y but honestly I have not touched X. I just don't feel like going through the game again haha. It just sits there as a back up with a clean slate I guess. Besides I have 400 hours put into my Pokemon Y and everything I need is on that game. Some people buy both for other reason. I always buy both copies of Pokemon just because I like to collect.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    How the heck do you guys manage to afford both? I couldn't even get my X on launch date, not that I regret that.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    I thought about getting Y-version from the "buy 1 3DS game, get Pokemon XY download free" opportunity, but decided against it when I realized that there really much for me to do on a second file. Maybe a nuzlocke. Maybe let my sister play, but considering you need 2 separate 3DS to connect with each other, she probably wouldn't care. I don't care about story mode that much, so 1 cartridge of post-story mode (battling, etc) is enough for me.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
    Now that Pokegen has died a horrible and tragic death, yes. I own both simply because of one game has the mega stone and the other has the Pokemon. (Nintendo: Trolololol) but it's really really nice to be able to a) get all the Pokemon legit and without trades b) mega's for dayyyyyzzzz and c) Be able to store competitive mons, shines, etc. on one and say, Nuzlocke, or just replay the other.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    With Trades the way they are now. No reason to buy both. I have traded for all the Mega Stones over time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I have both versions along with a 3DS XL (for my Y version) and a 2DS (for my X version). I was considering getting another version, but then OSAE was announced. I'll wait until November to buy another 3/2DS

Years
    I have X at the moment and do plan on getting Y. X will be my main, never to restart (at least that's the plan) while Y I will. Just so I can have all the pokemon. :)

Years
    I usually don't pick up both games for myself because my brother and I always get the opposite version, so there's no reason for me to own both of them. We trade amongst each other, and it's simple to evolve pokemon like Scyther and Onix. One of the many perks of having a twin, haha!

Back