• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Painful Truth or Comforting Lie?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Give me the painful truth. I may not like it and I may not want to hear it, but a comforting lie is still a lie and I'd rather know the truth than be told a lie. If you can avoid being blunt about it, then please do. It's easier to swallow a truth that's going to hurt me if you lay it on me gently rather than if he just threw it at me. At the end of the day though, all I want is the truth; the whole truth.

Crux

Evermore
Years
The truth, cold and hard.
I don't like when think to 'not hurt my feelings' or 'be nice about it'.
I have an ironskin for a reason people, I doubt you could say anything that'd be all that painful to hear.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
In the end the comforting lie is more painful than the truth. If you find out it's a lie, then not only do you find out the painful truth, but then there's the added fact that you've been lied to about it the whole time.

Especially if it's something deeply personal. I would rather hear the truth and get it out of the way, even if it were to crush me. I don't want to go through life with anyone pretending, myself or others, just so that I can get through it painlessly. Life hurts, and that's a fact. It's getting through it that's the great achievement. If you can do that, you're set.

Back