• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paintball vs Airsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Actually paintballs hurt a lot more than airsoft guns. I used to work at a sporting goods store that sold airsoft guns, and we played around wit hthem when business was slow. XD

It's been forever since I've been paintballing, but I distinctly remember how much it stung to be shot. >_<

Didn't know that!

And it does sting... but the only pain from paintball I vaguely remember is shooting myself in the arm... from point blank. >_< And it was because I was trying to reload a weapon that wasn't cooperating in the field.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    For some reason paintball hurts more than airsoft, since i tend to wear alot more clothings. Airsoft is alot more fun in the woods :) and paintballing is equally as fun but its a little expensive with all the paintballs :(
    Airsoft rules :D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I have to say, I think both are manic, unruly, and just plain stupid.

People can have different opinions you know.
    You're just posting hypocritically. You realize that some people have different opinions on Paintballing and Airsoft. The were invented to stop kids from shooting at each other with real guns and taking away human lives so I find them perfectly fine and a very smart idea.

I prefer paintballing. Despite the fact that I've never been to a session, I just admire the concept. It also serves as a way to have a lot of fun with friends, as I've been told anyway.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I've got G3 and M16 airsoft at home, so basically I like airsoft because It's realistic, and more combat action than PBs.

But it's really painful when you got shot by plastic pellets...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I prefer paintball, because airsoft sounds far more painful.

Paintballing hurts more than airsoft.

Anyway, airsoft over paintball for me.

Airsoft is cheaper, safer, easier, more enjoyable, cleaner and above all, looks cooler. I mean pinging 0.2g bbs with my tacky CYMA AK at my friend never gets old. I'm thinking of picking up CYMA's Decent Ak47 soon though and actually signing up to the UK airsoft register thing.

RedWolf, whats your M14's fps? Because i wanted an M14 at first but considering CYMAs ak is similar price where I am and does full auto I'm not so sure anymore.

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
    Years
  • I like both. However, as many have said, airsoft is much, much cheaper and a lot easier to just grab your gear and play. It hurts less, and your weapon feels a lot more real. Plus, I get to look cooler in my airsoft gear. :P <3 My M14.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Eh, I like paintball because you can actually see when you hit someone, and it seems to have more implied rules. Airsoft is the best for people who don't have a lot of money to blow on it, however, and generally won't cause bruising. The machine guns are sweet, too.

{NM}Redwolf

Rebels against the God
    Years
  • My agm m14 supposely shoots around 330 fps but me and my friends agree it sure does hurt a lot more than my friends agm l96(bolt action sniper rifle) which shoots really high fps. my brothers echo 1 g36 shoots 350 fps but again people say mine hurts more.
    theres nothing better than when ur waiting for everyone to get ready for the match with ur guns at the ready in full camo with cars driving by staring at u and sometimes speeding up a little :). Even a police car drove by one match and gave us all a funny look but drove by again and waved :) lol.

and generally won't cause bruising. The machine guns are sweet, too.
    keep thinking that but i've learned that in cqb airsoft matches u are dead wrong my friend. dead wrong. lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    As stated before, airsoft is cheaper and that's why I like it.
    Also, air soft sniper rifle > paintball gun

{NM}Redwolf

Rebels against the God
    Years
  • As stated before, airsoft is cheaper and that's why I like it.
    Also, air soft sniper rifle > paintball gun
    airsoft sniper rifles are fun to mess with but when it comes to actually using it against aegs...........not so fun. thats why i snipe with an aeg :)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Eh, I like paintball because you can actually see when you hit someone, and it seems to have more implied rules. Airsoft is the best for people who don't have a lot of money to blow on it, however, and generally won't cause bruising. The machine guns are sweet, too.

Airsoft does have rules. It's a game of respect, if you get hit, 99% of players will raise their gun and say "hit".

{NM}Redwolf

Rebels against the God
    Years
  • Airsoft does have rules. It's a game of respect, if you get hit, 99% of players will raise their gun and say "hit".
    its true and the other 1% are disliked and normally get lit up. rules will change depending on the game type also.

for some game types go to www.airsoftnwohio.proboards.com. its has a few listed..well the ones my group plays at least.

Paintballing hurts more than airsoft.

Anyway, airsoft over paintball for me.

Airsoft is cheaper, safer, easier, more enjoyable, cleaner and above all, looks cooler. I mean pinging 0.2g bbs with my tacky CYMA AK at my friend never gets old. I'm thinking of picking up CYMA's Decent Ak47 soon though and actually signing up to the UK airsoft register thing.

RedWolf, whats your M14's fps? Because i wanted an M14 at first but considering CYMAs ak is similar price where I am and does full auto I'm not so sure anymore.
    what ever u do do not get a cyma. they tend to have faulty motors and quality problems. the agm one is a work horse and holds up nicely. it also does full auto and semi but full auto is nicer for matches. also fps doesn't make a gun. quality and reliablity make it good.

bbbbbbbbuuuuummmmmmmpppppppp interested in hearing other people's opinions.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Coincidentally, I've just returned after playing several games of paintball today. Getting hit stings pretty bad, but I still found it fun overall.

Haven't played airsoft, so can't comment on that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back