• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pairs <3

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • As you guys know (atleast I hope) we've had pairs on PC for, well, longer than I can remember cause they were here before I even joined ^_^

So anyways the question is What does pairing mean to you? Are your pairs your best friends? Girlfriends? Boyfriends? Or are they simply great friends you've made on PC?

Years
  • Pairing right now doesn't mean much to me beyond genuine mutual connection of some kind.

My pair at the moment is one of my closest friends and I consider her like a sister to me. I first met her vaguely when I was 15 and since then we've experienced a lot together. Safe to say that she is the only pair I'd consider having anymore on PC.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    All I know is that pairs were a bigger thing back then, some even take it to a serious level. (:

Sirfetch’d

tumblr_m7ww153hAC1r17mw1.gif

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • This is a question I have had a lot of trouble answering to people. It's something I feel I know but can't explain well!

I suppose if I were to try, a pair is someone who you find very important, and who you care about very dearly.

Some say a Best Friend, some a brother/sister, some even a life partner! I dont know which of these terms I use so I suppose that's why I have a hard time explaining it!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My current pair is my boyfriend so that one was kind of done for me, but in the past I've been paired with great friends and usually just people whom I've gotten on with really well. Don't think I've ever had a 'serious' pairing from memory outside of the current one, unless it was one-way and I wasn't aware of it. Pairs used to be a much bigger part of PC culture so it's a shame to see them fizzle out a tad!

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    my pair & i are pretty good friends and we were dating at the time we established being a pair, but i'm assuming we just kept it because we're still pretty good friends B) for me a pair is just someone you're good friends with, and you want to showcase that friendship in some way

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I see pairing quite a bit here and I am just too new to quite get it.

I don't understand it, so everyone who engages in it must be wrong.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    One of my pairs is a fine buddy whom I trust completely. The other one was someone whom I've always shared a special bond with, and we grew closer and closer over the past years until he finally became my boyfriend c:

Basically I've always considered my pair as my main most trusted bud on PC, somebody I never want to let go of. Not necessarily inherently romantic.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I've had two during my time here, neither of which are active any more, sadly.

I was always okay with pairing, I think the important thing was that neither of the people i've been paired with took it too seriously. I think we saw it as a way of showing our friendship, basically just to say to people "hey look, i'm friends with this guy/girl, dey coo".

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Pairings were seen with some seriousness back in the day, and I was no exception at the time. I was paired twice, both to people I cared a lot about and was great friends with (in one case, still am friends with). I had no idea on what I was doing in the first (idiotic 14 year old me), and my second pairing fell away due to inactivity. I think I was 16 at the time, so how long has it been haha.

It's not seen with the same seriousness nowadays, even by myself. And neither am I worried about being paired or not. If it happens it happens I guess.

Years
  • Never had a pair here or on any other forum. Wish I'd find one, but it's something that just happens if it's supposed to. Hopefully on here I'll make a close enough friend or maybe more in order to have a pair.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • i know pairing was far more serios a long time ago, where more often than not pairs were actually partners and that. but pairs for me have always been a public declaration of close friendship. sometimes crushes happened from one party or another, but ?\_(?)_/?

my current pairs are super cute ;) platonically of course lmao

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • my pairs in the past (i believe... harley quinn at one point, Drew, and Chikara?) have just been super close friends that i talked to regularly and enjoyed their posting habits, interests, etc.

pairs are a fad, though, and one that's lost its lustre for me

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Alright well for me i gotta agree with some of you cause back when i first joined pairing seemed to be losing its importance and since hen still has.

For me though its fun and symbolizes my friendship with people. For me my pairs are I guess my "best friends" of PC, meaning that i consider myself close to them, ive chatted with them for a couple months or maybe even a year or so.

They are the ones I tell my secrets and the few that I trust i guess. Its always good to have a conversation with people but my pairs are the ones that I enjoy talking to the most.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Sometimes a close friend, sometimes a lover. Now, neither, as I don't have any that I know of any more. I used to be all about pairings, thinking they were important in having the full forum experience or something. Now they're just something to remind people that I hold others on this forum quite close. For others who have pairs, I let out an "aww" if it's somebody they love.

Back