• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen pal park annoyance

firedude750

currently EV training meganium
Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    does nintendo have any reason that you can only migrate from a GBA game once a day? i find that quite annoying

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    does nintendo have any reason that you can only migrate from a GBA game once a day? i find that quite annoying
    An easy way around, if you have 2 gba games:
    1. Migrate
    2. Go into DS settings and change time 1 day forward
    3. Save settings, insert the second gba game, and start up Pearl/Diamond
    4. Have the game adjust the clock, therefore preventing migration from that one game.
    5. Turn off, insert the first game, and migrate another 6.
    6. Rinse and repeat.

firedude750

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    i tried changing the time, but it adjusted the time and i have to wait 24 more hours! D:
    although, i havent tried it with 2 yet

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Thats a good idea, but some people like me like the right date

An easy way around, if you have 2 gba games:
    1. Migrate
    2. Go into DS settings and change time 1 day forward
    3. Save settings, insert the second gba game, and start up Pearl/Diamond
    4. Have the game adjust the clock, therefore preventing migration from that one game.
    5. Turn off, insert the first game, and migrate another 6.
    6. Rinse and repeat.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2008
    The game has it set that you CAN'T push the time forward, and then it'll lock up for another 24 hours. Not worth to do, I say.

firedude750

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    so Supreme Dirt's way wont work? becuz i have 2 gba games

firedude750

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    ok, lets say i just migrated from firered, and i want to again without waiting till tomorow, what i think Supreme Dirt's saying is if i try to on lets say, my ruby and then switch back to firered, i can again

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Supreme Dirt's method works. I've done it many times before.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Isn't it obvious? To prevent cheating I bet... something stupid like that, about as dumb as no HM moves.

Years
  • It would be good if they allowed you to import pokemon with HM moves in Platinim actually, it really annoys me that you can't >.<
    do they have any reason for that either?

Buh

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    I think the HM ban is to prevent the possibility of ruining your Emerald save file. Getting stuck someplace because you Pal Park'd all your HM slaves would suck.

firedude750

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    i just think it is because dive and flash are now TMs when they were HMs in RSE

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i just think it is because dive and flash are now TMs when they were HMs in RSE

Dive isn't even a TM :/

That means the ONLY Pokemon that can get Dive in D/P Are the ones that learn it via Level-Up and Breeding, similar to what they did to Whirlpool in the 3rd(and 4th) Gen.

So, like Whirlpool, about 90% of the Pokemon that could once get it cannot anymore ;<

Off Topic

I hope there's a Curse Move Tutor in Platnium, as it was a GSC TM that anything TM-Compatable can learn, similar to Facade, Substitute, and Toxic.

Curse + Gyro Ball Dootakun ftw!

On Topic:

On the same note I think they should've at least allowed Flash and Dive in Pal Park, as one was Demoted and the other was completely Replaced.

Back