• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pal Park?

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Is there a way to transfer the pokémon from a gba game to the diamond/pearl games in the currently only working emulator? We could hack a gba game and try to add all the 107 new pokemon to a gba game. If we could see what happens when we transfer pokemon from a high number(if we expanded the pokedex data, which I have done before) to the newer game, we might be able to implement them into a gba game with the ability to transfer those pokemon to diamond/pearl via pal park.
    That would be really cool, I would start hacking again if it were possible.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Or you could use poke sav (llok in play D/P roms thread) and choose what pokes to pal park there

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Or you could use poke sav (llok in play D/P roms thread) and choose what pokes to pal park there
    That's not what I wanted to do. If you actually fully read what I posted you wouldn't have said that.
    I'm saying I want to make 4th gen pokemon go from a gba game to an nds game. And I need REAL pal park capabilities within the emulator to test it.

Spazzup

umm
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    Uhh.. there were never 4th generation Pokémon in the gba games.
    wow i did not no thx for the info!

I assume it would work, provided the hex values match those of Diamond; it should register. And if it didn't work it'd be interesting to see the results :P

Years
  • Umm.. if I may say so, what's the point of hacking D/P Pokémon into a GBA rom just to send them back? Wouldn't it be.. a waste of time? Unless of course you plan on keeping them in the GBA, then it would be fine, but putting them into a GBA rom just to transfer them to D/P, seems pointless to me. Unless I missed something, it's pointless.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2007
    Maybe he's trying to turn it into some special safari-zone-ish place or something? Maybe he's doing it just to see if it's possible. But if the pokemon is hacked into the game completely and accurately, then in theory it should be transferable. I haven't tried anything with the fourth-gen games yet though, so I wouldn't really know. Just speculating a little.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    There is only one problem.

You would also have to make a hack of either Diamond or Pearl and define where fourth generation Pokemon appear (forest, field, mountain, pond, or ocean) otherwise, sounds awesome.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    understood. but as told, i don't think there are emulators for ds with such possibilities. and dunno if it's really possible to ENLARGE the pokedex. really, except the missing numbers between celebi and the 3rd generation (that anyway, i dunno HOW to display in game's pokedex), absolutely no idea (and never seen) enlarging the pokedex without erasing current one. if u r able, as u say, then it could be possible (maybe with a flash card with an original rom in u could try in real?), and i'd love to know how u add new pokemonz ^^

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    What he means is, you could train your 4th Gen Pokemon in GBA games and then transfer them over when you wanted.

I know, but in order to swap them to D/P, you would have to define where the fourth generation pokemon appear in Pal Park. They are not defined because 4th generation pokemon should not (as far as Nintendo is concerned) appear in 3rd Generation games. I don't even want to think about what transfering could do to my game.

Yellow Magikoopa

Doin' the electric slide
    Years
  • I'm kinda wondering if you were to hack a GBA pokemon game (and not edit the pokemon), then dump it onto a blank or cleared cartridge, could you transfer them onto an actual Diamond/Pearl card on an actual DS?

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
    Years
  • Well it definanly can't work. Why? because to create new pokemon without deleting old pokemon or missingno is impossible. In fact, it can't also work because NDS games have narc encryption and because of that i think It would probably sense hex and instead of that, a missingno would appear.

Years
  • I know, but in order to swap them to D/P, you would have to define where the fourth generation pokemon appear in Pal Park. They are not defined because 4th generation pokemon should not (as far as Nintendo is concerned) appear in 3rd Generation games. I don't even want to think about what transfering could do to my game.
    You don't. I used PokéSav to encounter a Staraptor in the Pal Park, and it worked.

Years
  • If your talking about moving glitch pokemon replaced with 4th gen sprites and moves it won't work. i tried moving a glitch pokemon from my ruby and it said something like "This pokemon can not be migrated".

Back