• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pandemic passtimes

Years
  • As we all know, since the spread of COVID, many of us have had to isolate. In my country, cases dwindled a bit in the summer and things began to re open. Recently, though, there's been huge spikes in my province and most others, many are once again imposing restrictions including my own. It's much like when the pandemic first began.

So many of us find ourselves bored out of our minds, unable to work or go many places. The debt from the covid relief programs in my country is growing but at the same time I'm thankful for them.

So what did/are you doing to kill the boredom? Keep yourself sane? etc I bought some games I didn't have and am playing them!

Raffi

Greatest Trickster
    Years
  • Been reaching out into new music to listen to. May as well use it to calm and expand what I know! It's nice to be able to relate to people through mutual songs we adore.

Otherwise, catching up on some shows. I should be playing some games I have, but I always procrastinate and end up doing something else.

Years
  • a few months ago it was reviving my youtube channel. after i got tired of that i tried getting back into guitar and learning how to fingerstyle. after i gave up on that i blew all my money on a pc. with one success i tried to follow suit by aiming to master touch typing and learning colemak, a more ergonomic alternative to qwerty. when that got too hard i quit and moved over to fps shooters and improving on them, downloading an aim trainer to try and get better at everyday, and that's where we are right now.

i have way too many interests in life, and they'll all come back in forth in terms of interest for me. i honestly can't see myself sticking to one thing for too long.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Most of my life I've been a huge loner and especially would always play video games by myself, but I've found myself talking to friends way more often during the pandemic and sometimes I've just had late night voice calls, gaming sessions, or the occasional anime date night with my boyfriend, so my answer is just being more of a social person. Part of why I joined these forums too, and it's been great for me.

I also graduated high school through it. That was pretty cool.

Years
    • Online now
    I've tried more video game franchises this year than I had in my entire life. The only thing I played before 2020 was usually Grand Theft Auto, smash brothers, or a popular JRPG. and occasionally zelda.

This year I've finished Xenoblade, Bioshock Infinite, Final Fantasy 6 and 10, Dragon Quest 11, Fallout 3, Life Is Strange and it's prequel.

I ended up loving all of them. I'm not sure I could ever pick a favorite out of what I tried.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I've tried more video game franchises this year than I had in my entire life. The only thing I played before 2020 was usually Grand Theft Auto, smash brothers, or a popular JRPG. and occasionally zelda.

This year I've finished Xenoblade, Bioshock Infinite, Final Fantasy 6 and 10, Dragon Quest 11, Fallout 3, Life Is Strange and it's prequel.

I ended up loving all of them. I'm not sure I could ever pick a favorite out of what I tried.
    I've totally been like this too. Usually what I play more or less stays the same but I've been able to branch out a lot lately. I've let other people sort of influence me out of the kinds of games I normally play, which are RPGs or 2D platformers. I also had my first experience with Fallout pretty recently, playing New Vegas for the first time.

Though I kind of just wanted to reply to this so I could say I love Xenoblade and hope you enjoyed it.

Years
    • Online now
    I've totally been like this too. Usually what I play more or less stays the same but I've been able to branch out a lot lately. I've let other people sort of influence me out of the kinds of games I normally play, which are RPGs or 2D platformers. I also had my first experience with Fallout pretty recently, playing New Vegas for the first time.

Though I kind of just wanted to reply to this so I could say I love Xenoblade and hope you enjoyed it.

I loved playing Xenoblade. It had a nice story, and I had so much fun with the combat system. I think the highlight for me was rebuilding colony 6. Also the heart to heart spots and the prison island scene. My favorite character to play as was probably Melia. I haven't played Future Connected yet.

I'm glad you got to experience New Vegas. I tried it, but hit a sort of mental block. Maybe burnout from playing Fallout 3? I reached the part where you clear the night-kin for the ghouls in the basement. I got completely stuck down there and couldn't find my way out. I plan to go back and probably restart.

Also I killed Vulpes as soon as I got the chance, which was a complete mistake. Because I was getting targeted by the legion assassins every few minutes.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I got back into drawing before quarantine and I continued to draw during quarantine. Over summer I got into a game called Cytus II (I had it for a few months, but didn't really play it that much), and that started my spiral into rhythm games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    Masks.

I have sewn over 250 masks.

It started with family and friends. Then I moved to the mail carriers and the Fed Ex and UPS delivery people who are regulars in my neighborhood. I found a Facebook group that donates masks to specific groups in my geographical area, so I have made them for them as well.

At this point, no one is desperate for the homemade masks. There are still takers. As long as my stash has fabric, I will find people who want what I can provide.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    a few months ago it was reviving my youtube channel. after i got tired of that i tried getting back into guitar and learning how to fingerstyle. after i gave up on that i blew all my money on a pc. with one success i tried to follow suit by aiming to master touch typing and learning colemak, a more ergonomic alternative to qwerty. when that got too hard i quit and moved over to fps shooters and improving on them, downloading an aim trainer to try and get better at everyday, and that's where we are right now.

i have way too many interests in life, and they'll all come back in forth in terms of interest for me. i honestly can't see myself sticking to one thing for too long.
    are you me because you sound like me

Years
  • Mostly just being...me? Nothing has really changed with my lifestyle other than going out in public with a mask on

I spent much of the little lockdown time I had playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons and working remotely.

Years
  • One positive thing that comes out of wearing masks is that no one can see your mouth. My mom's partial plate broke so she's now able to hide her teeth, or lack thereof. She's saving for a new one.

Years
  • One positive thing that comes out of wearing masks is that no one can see your mouth.

omg yeah! this actually works well for a lot of people I've noticed. Some feel happy to be able to hide their acne, others don't like their teeth, I've seen people say that they don't like their face shape and feel good having an excuse to hide it, etc haha.

buttttt I've been really into ffxiv again these last few months! It's been a savior during some really stressful covid times. <3 Also been thinking of picking up Temtem for more time spending...

Back