• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paper Mario 2 help?

Brockoli

The Trainer of 1,000 Truths
    Years
    I'm playing Paper Mario 2 and currently in the 4 and 5 intermission. Before I blindly waste shine sprites upgrading Yoshi a second time for the Shadow Queen, I want to know whether the second upgrade
    A: Gives Yoshi an Attack Upgrade so Ground-Pound can damage the shadow queen.
    and/or
    B: Gives Yoshi an FP move that can damage the Shadow Queen.
    Or should I just just upgrade Goombella a second time (the first coming from Doopliss)?
    I don't want to waste BP on partner stat badges because I'll have Mrs. Mowz,
    Bobbery, Vivian, Koops, and Goombella or Yoshi upgraded, plus 3 Shooting Stars and 4 life Mushrooms. More than enough to beat the Shadow Queen. Also, I'll have the quick change badge so I can switch out Goombella
    efficiently the second turn.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    Yoshi isn't worth upgrading for the Shadow Queen, in my opinion. I believe that I used Goombella for the Shadow Queen(But then again, I did master Goombella)...

So I would choose Goombella.

Oh, and Yoshi's upgrade only gives him ONE MORE Ground Pound without increasing damage, and I believe the FP skill is Yoshi Herd, or something like that, and I THINK it's multiple 3-damage hits.

Of course, I haven't played this game in years, so I could be wrong on something

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    I used Vivian for the Shadow Queen. She did decent damage and as I recall had a good way of hiding when the Shadow Queen's biggest attacks came along. I never really understood the goombella hype, but if it works then go ahead.

Back