• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paper Mario Crossworlds

Years
  • This my second fanfic and I hope you enjoy this one. I have been thinking about this one since my recent playthrough of Paper Mario. So enjoy.

Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Game Freak, Mario and Zelda belong to Nintendo, Sonic belongs to Sega.

Chapter one: Bowser crashes the party and steals the castle

Once upon a mushroom... Far, far away beyond the sky, way above the clouds, it's been said that there was a haven where the Stars lived. In the sanctuary of Star Haven there rested a fabled treasure called the Star Rod, which had the power to grant all wishes, anywhere. Using this wondrous Star Rod, the seven revered Star Spirits watched over the seven peaceful worlds carefully...very carefully. Then one day, a terrible thing happened...The evil king Bowser appeared in Star Haven and stole the Star Rod! Using its incredible power he quickly imprisoned the seven Star Spirits! Taking off quickly, he set out to take over everything.

Five heros from three worls enjoyed relaxation and peace in their worlds. A green swordsmon, an equine like being, an electric rodent, a blue hedgehog, and a pink puffball became fast friends with mario. Mario was unaware of the trouble in star haven, but at his home in the Mushroom Kingdom awaiting his letter from Princess Peach. Bioth Mario and Luigi were invited to the party they did not know of the trouble that may come.

At a house in a wooded area northwest of Toad Town was the home of the famous Mario Bros. Just then a paratroopa named Parakarry, placed a letter in the mailbox and shouted, "Mail Call!" Luigi went outside to get the letter and went back inside and called to Mario. "Mario, its a letter from Princess Peach!" Mario came to the room with Luigi with a look of eagerness.

"I'll read the letter to you okay bro." Luigi asked and then pulled the letter out, "Lets see here.."

I'm throwing a party at my castle today! Mario and Luigi, I'd be honored if you could both attend. Many guests from different town and worlds are hoping to meet you. There will be tasty sweets and all kinds of entertainment! I hope to see you here soon!

Sincerly,

Princess Peach

Mario and Luigi immediately headed out the door for the castle. They wasted no time in slipping down the warp pipe. They entered Toad Town, where the sky was bright blue. A few Toads waved to the duo, some shouted hi. The Mario Bros. just smiled back, continuing down the path. Another right, and a turn north was a star gate that led to Peach's Castle. Luigi was so excited he almost jumped into his older brother.

"Wow, what a magnificent castle!" Luigi gasped when they entered. "I never get used to this place. It looks like a lot of guests are already here!" There we many people from all over the Mushroom Kindom, and from other worlds as well. Mario saw some of those folk from other worlds. Palkia, the pokemon that ruled space, was talking with a few waddle dees, Mew and a few munchlax were busy stuffing themselves with food. Then Mario saw some friends that were not from the mushroom kingdom.

"Hey, Mario." a white equine like being with a golden cross wheel around his abdomen and a hero garbed in garbed in a green tunic and brown boots called ouy. Mario pointed at himself, "Of course we know who you are." a yellow electric mouse and a pink puffball from Dreamland said in unison.

We are all from different worlds. I' m Sonic the Hedgehog, this is Link the Hero of Time, Kirby, Arceus the God of pokemon, and Pikachu, the electric rodent. Pikachu glared at Sonic for that remark and was about to shock Sonic.

Mario could only look around in awe. He never thought he could meet these citizens of other world. Kirby decided to stare at the table that the munchlax were eating at. Arceus and Pikachu went to great Sonic's friends. Link was greeting Dialga and Giratina III who were also at the party. The lake gaurdians were also there. In fact. Azelf flew to Mario asking for an autograph.
    Mario happily agreed to give him an autograph.

"Mamamia, these people from others are nice to be around." Mario muttered to himself. Mario then walked through a long hallway to meet a guard who was a friend of his. The guard let Nario in to Peach's private quarters, were Peach was glad to see Mario.

"Oh Mario! You came to the party to see me! You're so sweet! Thank you!" she gushed. Mario just shrugged. "I was just resting a bit. It gets tiring greeting all those guests out there!" Mario agreed. "Nobody will bother us here. Shall we relax and chat just the two of us?" Peach asked. The red hero instantly said "Yeah…"

"It was a lovely day today, so I'm sure it's comfortable out on the balcony right now. Would you accompany me, Mario?"

Before either could make a move, the ground began to shake violently. The ground outside the castle was being ripped up by some unknown force. Trees fell as the castle started to rise. Bowser's Fortress was underneath it, flying them both up to the sky. Mario and Peach paced at an excited pace. It was enough to make anyone nerve shot! Suddenly, it went dark, and the two stopped running.

"Oh! Are you all right Mario? What in this world was that?" Peach wondered frantically. She looked around outside at the night sky-NIGHT sky?

"Oh my! Look Mario! It's still daytime isn't it? …but I can see the stars outside!" the princess exclaimed in shock. The glass suddenly broke, and a dark figure tromped into the room.

"Grwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Long Time no see Princess Peach!" a familiar voice bellowed.

"…Bowser? But it can't be! It was you who made the ground shake just now, wasn't it! Whatever did you do?" Peach cried.

"Yeah, that was me! I've lifted your castle up into the sky! It's sitting on my castle as we speak! Wasn't expecting that huh? This castles under my control now, my dear. Now you will obey ME!" Bowser mocked. Mario gasped and ran in front of Peach to defend her.

"Huh? Mario? What a shock! Ha! Not really! I expected you to turn up, right on cue! You're just as annoying as ever," Bowser grumbled. Mario drained out the rest of his rant. Peach then muttered something.

"Ha! You haven't learned your lesson have you Bowser? You can never defeat Mario! Why don't you just give up already?"

Bowser ranted on some more about his failures and ended with, "This time I'm gonna win! Okay tough guy! Let's go!"

Bowser laughed as he and Mario prepared to battle. Peach told Mario he could do it and the plumber responded with a nod. Mario attacked Bowser, but it only did a little point of damage. Bowser stomped toward his nemesis and clawed his face. Mario cringed, making Peach look like the painting of Scream. The battle continued on like that, until Bowser got an even more evil look in his eyes.

"Good old Mario…always fighting. You're a thorn in my side. But today, your pathetic little attacks won't beat me!" Bowser roared. He pulled out the legendary Star Rod, as he began to cackle again. "Take at look at this! Look what I stole from Star Haven! It's called the Star Rod!"

"I knew that, dummy…" Mario grunted in his head.

"This fine piece of work has the power to grant any wish in the whole wide worlds! And when I use the Star Rod to increase my strength, not even you can beat me Mario!" Bowser gathered some Star Power, and Mario glared at him. The Koopa King was now invincible.

"GRAWH HA HA HA! How do you like THAT Mario?" Bowser gloated before sending Mario in a Danger state. Mario started to inhale like he was exhausted in one blow, and Peach hid her eyes. Mario got a little surprise when he jumped on Bowser to see that it didn't hurt him, which made Bowser taunt even more. The king gave his opponent another taste of the end of his claws.

"I can only take one more hit…" wheezed Mario in his thoughts. It was pointless to strike Bowser, since it wouldn't work. But it was the only way. He forced himself to pound his foot into Bowser one last time.

"Good night Mario!" Bowser cackled, finishing off with a mega fire breath attack that killed Mario right where he stood. He collapsed while Peach mourned over him.

"Oh no Mario! Get up!" Peach sobbed.

"Yes! Oh yes! I finally did it! I beat my rival Mario! YESSSSS!" Bowser boasted. The Koopa witch behind him added, "Congratulations on your victory your Viciousness! That's why you're the king!"

"As long as I have this Star Rod, everything I wish will come true! Nothing can stop me!" growled Bowser happily. "Well, well, well…I might as well give Mario a proper good-bye…" Bowser raised the Star Rod high, charging it with massive amounts of energy. With one fatal blast, Mario was propelled into the sky, most likely never to be seen again. Just then, Arceus, Link, Kirby, Sonic, and Pikachu burst through the door, ready to attack.

"How could you do that to Mario you fiend!" Arceus yelled at Bowser. "Your not getting away with this." Link said drawing his blade. "Even with him gone, we will still beat you!" Sonic said with determination. "Your going to wish you had not done that." Pikachu and Kirby cried in unison.

"Bwa ha ha, if Mario could not defeat, what makes you think you can know." Bowser taunted. "Just so you know, I am a God, so don't chellenge me you mortal." Arceus said in a angry voice, charging a judgement attack.

Arceus fired a judgement attack at Bowser but it did not work living Arceus shocked. "I told you I am invincible." Bowser punched Arceus in the face sended Arceus hurtling to the wall falling unconsious. Kirby and Pikachu looked at each other and Pikachu used volt tackle, while Kirby tried to hit Bowser with a hammer. But the turtle dragon fried them with is fire breath leaving both of them covered in smoke. Link and Sonic charged towards Bowser with sonic using a spin dash and link did a horizonta slice but that did not affect Bowser.

Kirby yelled to Bowser, "You better give the star rod back." "With this Star Rod I'll rule over Hyrule/pokearth, Popstar, and Mobius!" Bowser laughed evily. "Not if we tell Mario." Arceus groaned.

"I don't think so…I wish you forgot the last hour and were scattered across the Mushroom kingdom!" Bowser bellowed. The heroes didn't even get a chance to run when the rod sparked with power, sending them all into several places without one another. And some of Arceus' life plates were scattered across the Mushroom kingdom.

"Ha ha ha ha…I love this thing!" Bowser chuckled. Peach cried.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mario toppled downward forever. It's a long drop when you're in a castle in the sky. Where would he land? Would he live? How will he save Peach? What happened to his other world friends? With the way things looked now, there wasn't really much hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think? I plan for Mario to meet Arceus first. So remember to reveiw. There are more chapters coming. Thank you.

Last edited:

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • Hey, look, Paper Mario! So far, it looks like it's going to be the classic Paper Mario storyline with other video game characters in it. Just wondering, are you going to add any other twists?

Your grammar has gotten better, and your chapters are longer, I've noticed.

But I found one error here that's particularly disorienting.

Arceus fired a judgement attack at Bowser but it did not work living Arceus shocked.
    Do you mean leaving? It took me a while to figure out what the sentence meant. It's also spelled "judgment". I think it needs more commas, such as:

Arceus fired a judgment attack at Bowser, but it did not work, leaving Arceus shocked.

Just wondering, what's your favorite Star Spirit? I like the blue one because he reminds me of Cirno from Touhou.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, look, Paper Mario! So far, it looks like it's going to be the classic Paper Mario storyline with other video game characters in it. Just wondering, are you going to add any other twists?

Your grammar has gotten better, and your chapters are longer, I've noticed.

But I found one error here that's particularly disorienting.

Do you mean leaving? It took me a while to figure out what the sentence meant. It's also spelled "judgment". I think it needs more commas, such as:

Arceus fired a judgment attack at Bowser, but it did not work, leaving Arceus shocked.

Just wondering, what's your favorite Star Spirit? I like the blue one because he reminds me of Cirno from Touhou.

Yes, and my favorite star spirit is Skolar

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    It's also spelled "judgment".
    Pardon me for stepping in, but "judgement" is the British English way to spell the word. "Judgment" is the American English. There's quite a few differences between the two Englishes.

Also, to the OP, your writing skills have seemed to improve since The Quest of Arceus, so I'm looking forward to reviewing this one. (I'll still be reviewing The Quest of Arceus when I'm not in a hurry.)

Years
  • Chapter two: No one says gate to me!

Mario was knocked down on a small fields by Goomba Village. He wasn't just beaten by Bowser, he fell thousands of feet from a castle window.

But suddenly, seven spirits appeared and hovered around Mario, giving him life.

"Oh thank Heavens! He's been gravely injured, but he'll recover!" A star with a pink bow exclaimed.

"But Bowser has the Star Rod! He's mightier than Mario!" another star with a mustache added. "It's hopeless! All is lost!"

"Everyone, just calm down. As long as we pull together, there is always hope! Now…our fates are in Mario's hands. We need to revive him! Gather round everyone! Send Mario your power!" an older star with a bushy grey mustache ordered.

All the stars did as they were told and there was a brief sparkle of star around Mario.

As Mario laid unconscious, a voice cried out, "Hey! Look! Someone's knocked out!"

"Oh…I wonder who that could be?" she asked herself. The goomba waddled over and nudged Mario. "This red hat…this shirt…and this mustache…you know, he really looks like the one and only Mario!"

"It couldn't be…could it? The real Mario?" The girl went into a frenzy trying to wake the plumber up. "Oh no! He won't wake up! Oh, oh! What am I going to do? " She darted off, shouting some of her family members' names.

Meanwhile, Peach was thrown into a room by some of Bowser's goons. The beloved ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom started to weep mournfully, knowing that Mario has gotten "killed" by that (b-b-b-OH I CAN'T SAY IT!) Bowser!!

Mario was still sleeping in a bed in a small house. In a dream, the old star appeared to him.

"Mario…can you hear me Mario?" he asked. "I'm Eldstar, a Star Spirit…I have something very important to tell you…it concerns the princess…all of the Mushroom Kingdom…and many more lands…But sadly, I haven't the strength to talk to you here.

Mario, I need to have you come to Shooting Star Summit. Please…Mario…We Star Spirits will be waiting for you…" Eldstar vanished, and Mario finally sat up. He stood up, glancing around for the star. A Toad slammed the door open and gaped when he saw Mario awake.

"Oh…Mario! I'm so happy to see you awake! You haven't opened your eyes for days and days! Everyone's been worried sick!" the Toad explained, "This place is Goomba Village, just west of Toad Town. The only residents are me and a family of Goombas.

The Goombas in the family are the nicest you'll ever meet. They're the ones who found you unconscious in the forest and carried you here to get better."
    Mario then remembered Eldstar's plea and quickly told the Toad about it.

"Huh? A star with a mustache? You're saying a star with a mustache told you to go to Shooting Star Summit?" asked the Toad. Mario nodded his head. "No…I didn't see anyone like that. I sure didn't see anyone come in or out of this house! I wonder Mario…if you just had a dream?"

Mario: WHAT?

"Although maybe not…It could have been some sort of message from a Star Spirit. They live in Star Haven. Shooting Star Summit is the closest place to Star Haven, so it'd make sense…Who knows? In any case, I'm glad to see you recovered! I know the Goombas would be happy if you paid them a visit!" the Toad finished. Mario waved good-bye, but then the Toad thought of something else.

Meanwhile, Arceus awakens in another part of the world, noticing that some of his Life Plates have been scattered by that shell-headed villain Bowser, he decides to try and get them back or die trying.

"Good luck, Mario," Goombaria added.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Toad said and then exclaimed, "The Goombas were also taking care of a white horse like creature they found near here not long after they found you! He seemed to know who and where he was but had no recollectinon of what happened the last hour he landed. Pleas check that out as well."

Mario instantly realized that it was Arceus.

Outside, it was a beutiful day but there was no sign of Arceus. Mario was a tad disappointed as he jogged to the gate. A goomba was standing by it, apparently busy with something.

"Howdy Mario! Feeling better?" he asked. "Feel free to rest in our house." Mario then told him he needed to go. "You have to leave right now? Oh, Shooting Star Summit!

Something important, no doubt. Well I believe that the summit is near Toad Town. You'll have to wait a bit. I have to fix this gate before you can head out east. The earthquake the other day really did a job on it. Did you feel that quake? Shoot! I thought the sky was falling! Just relax and don't worry. I'll have this done in a jiffy!" Mario understood and trotted off.

"Trust me, I felt it all right…" he muttered to himself. " Now I'm stuck in a small village. I might as well use my time to find Arceus."

There really wasn't anywhere to explore, and there wasn't any place to go, so Mario gave up and talked to a Goomba with a blue hat. Goombas weren't Mario's favorite things, but if they got tough, he could take care of them easily. The Goomba took one look at Mario and shrieked.

"Hey Mario! I'm Goombario! You're biggest fan! You don't know what this means to meet you! Seriously!"

Mario grunted. He wasn't much of a conversation starter. It bugged him knowing Arceus was there, but he couldn't find him. Therefore, Mario's instinct led him into the Goomba's house to have a look around. The house itself was decent, nice little wood things here and there. A very old Goomba was half-asleep while standing up; she was making a light noise. Mario ignored her because he heard something out in the back door. Opening it up, he found another elder goomba sitting out there.

"Hi!" Mario squeaked.

"Oh! You startled me! Hm, yes, Mario, isn't it? So you've awakened at last! Good! Knew you'd pull through! Call me Goompa. I'm the Goomba grandfather so…Goompa," He told Mario. "Do you mind giving me the details later? I'm very busy fixing the veranda." Mario was about to ask Goompa if he had seen Link, but he didn't want to be bothered! Frustrated, Mario stomped away. The moment he'd stepped into the front yard, Goombario waddled over to him.

"Oh! Mario…my dad was looking for you. He said to tell you he finished fixing the gate. "

"That's great!" Mario thought.
    "So I guess you can travel to Toad Town and Shooting Star Summit now huh?"

Mario nodded, and Goombario backed up sadly. Excited, Mario rushed over to the gate; unsurprised Goombaria and Goompapa were waiting.

"Hoo! What a job! Sorry to keep you waiting. The gate is finally fixed. If you take this road straight ahead, you'll eventually come to Toad Town, home of Princess Peach's Castle!" Goompapa stated. Mario was relieved he could leave. "I believe that Shooting Star Summit is just beyond there. It's too bad you can't stay…I feel like I just met you! But duty calls, I know." Mario cut off the last little bit of the speech due to his anxiousness.

"Good luck, Mario," Goombaria added.

Suddenly, a strange cackle echoed through the air. The three quickly turned to find Kammy Koopa hovering about on her broom. Mario snarled. She was with Bowser when he kicked him out of the castle.

"Bleh heh heh heh heh heh….my instincts were right. Mario…I can't believe you're walking on your feet after taking such a beating from King Bowser. You're a hardy one, all right! I was smart to come here and check on you." Kammy snickered.

"What's that Daddy? What's that weird flying thing?" Goombaria asked innocently.

"Weird? Why you little…I am a beautiful Koopa with a beautiful name: Kammy Koopa! I wish I had time to teach you a lesson brat! But, no. Mario! Hear this! It is useless for you to save Princess Peach. Ridiculous! Laughable! As you have seen, King Bowser is more powerful than even you can deal with this time! Here's a gift from him!"

Kammy chuckled evilly while using her magic to create a yellow block to crush the newly fixed gate. Goompapa cried out in agony at his hard work being destroyed.

"How dare you destory my hard work just to prevent the great Mario from kicking your master's big fat ugly rear!!", Goompapa screeched in vengeance.

Suddenly, a strange cackle echoed through the air. The three quickly turned to find Kammy Koopa hovering about on her broom. Mario snarled. She was with Bowser when he kicked him out of the castle.

"Bleh heh heh heh heh heh….my instincts were right. Mario…I can't believe you're walking on your feet after taking such a beating from King Bowser. You're a hardy one, all right! I was smart to come here and check on you." Kammy snickered.

"How dare you destory my hard work just to prevent the great Mario from kicking your master's big fat ugly rear!!", Goompapa screeched in vengeance.

"No one says gate to me!" Goompapa said angrily.

If only I had a hammer!" Mario groaned. Kammy laughed once more and putted away. He though he would never get out of here!"I just fixed that gate…" Goompapa said quietly. "Nobody say gate to me…"Mario and Goompapa had an episode about Princess Peach, and going to Shooting Star Summit to try to save her. Goombaria finally spoke up.

"Dad, we've just got to do something, right?" she wondered. "Mario's gotta save the princess! No one else can do it!"

"Here's an idea! Maybe we can break the block with Goompa's big hammer! I think he's using it right now to fix the veranda. Go ask him for it, will you?" Goompapa suggested. Mario nodded yet again, and returned to the house. Goomma was still inside, and Goompa was still out on the veranda.

Mario entered the veranda door, and was finally able to talk to Goompa. He stood on the veranda for a few moments, then it disappeared, resulting in the fact it had fallen and now Mario was about to topple too. He hovered in the air for a time. Mario didn't realize until the last moment, suddenly plummeting to the unknown parts of Goomba Village

End of Chapter

There is more where that came from. Try to guess who will join Mario first. So remembet to review.
    Paper Mario Crossworlds

Back