• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] PaperFire88 TCG Sprites

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello, this is one of my First Post so I apologize in advance for any problem that may have.
On 01/14/2023 I created my first Sprite:
dfmql9c-686b758f-eeb4-4b00-a282-de7af2c37681.png
Zebstrika from the BRAKpoint Set and Illustrated by Hajime Kusajima, I did this because I was inspired by the DeltaSeeker Video "Crate Your Own Pokemon TCG Pixel Art Cards!" And basically since that day I've been making sprites almost every day, here's one of the most recent ones (Made on 04/15/2023):
dfvt6w4-46451494-b93c-4793-9209-cf2cff53d33a.png
Greninja from the XY Set made by 5ban Grapichs, As you can see, I have been improving in making Sprites and in these 2 cases there are practically 3 months of difference.

Obviously no art belongs to me, the only thing that belongs to me would be the Sprites and the Time that I put in them and I do not do this with the desire to "Steal" or "Insult" the original work, I do this because it is my way of appreciating the Great Art that the cards have and my Love for the TCG, after all this is something I do in my free time and it is something I enjoy doing and I hope that more people become interested in making these types of Sprites.
I hope you Have Good Day =D.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello, I wanted to show a little more of what I have advanced during these 3-4 months:
dfs5ddg-6b7cebfe-5032-45cd-aa13-3b3e2ab2b7c6.png

This Gengar is from the BREAKthrough Set Illustrated by Saya Tsuruta, It's quite a noticeable change, it was one of my first sprites and I was barely figuring out how I was supposed to do it.
There are several changes: the use of colors, how to capture the shadow, how to adapt each part, These are things that I have been improving and learning to do.
When Making These Sprites, I always consider first which are the Colors that I am going to use and which ones I am going to have to omit or Substitute. Besides that I even have to cut out certain parts, there are some Cards (especially the most current ones) that have an Aspect Ratio quite different from what they were before:
dfvztdf-8b32d33e-2124-46b8-9953-c82724238b84.png

This is one of the Recent I made them on 04/18/2023, Wurmple from the Ruby and Saphire Set Illustrated by Hajime Kusajima, If you look at the Card you can see that I had to cut part of the Left, because otherwise the Sprite would have been very compressed. I also had to use the Darkest color as a shadow, which in the original Image would have simply been a Very dark red.
This type of Things are Part of this "Job": Cut, plan and Adapt in the Best Possible Way, it is not simply compressing the image and Hoping that it looks nice, obviously there are situations where doing that can be beneficial, but there will always be that make touch-ups, Have a nice day.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello, I want to show a bit what I was doing in a more general way because I don't usually do the Sprites "Randomly":
dfp6brg-4dea4ef3-cd4b-4b58-802b-6cdd65d88b50.png
dfnaghg-ddfda9fe-e201-471f-a1be-646dd8ea9fb0.png
dfnr2vt-0dd8c943-324f-45d1-a34b-017b7516f094.png

(Skeldirge from The Scarlet & Violet set Illustrated by Nagimiso) (Eelektross from the Unified Minds Set Illustrated by Shigenori Negishi) (Staravia from the Plasma Freeze Set Illustrated by Sui)
When I started, I wanted to be more general in terms of Pokemon: the vast majority would say that they are from Gen 5 and Gen 3 and I made sure that I found at least 7 pokemon of each type (Except Fairy) and I made 70 Sprites. I would say that it took me less than a month to finish it, I started on January 15 and finished on February 9 And not much more to say besides that I feel a bit "Embarrassed" by how some Sprites look, but I suppose it's normal considering that they were literally my First Sprites xd.
After finishing the above, I started directly doing this:
dfp89fg-bdae947f-ea61-4af3-85ea-5aa81143661b.png
dfsuqby-ebcb0193-ba86-4ddb-b725-47176154b6e6.png
dfuayzt-1da5cda7-6c13-41d8-bf9d-a53bd3ace48e.png
dfufcs2-4ac394fc-3677-4a08-af12-75ce2536101f.png
dfufcs2-4ac394fc-3677-4a08-af12-75ce2536101f.png

(Brock's Zubat from the Gym Heroes set Illustrated by Atsuko Nishida) (Misty's Poliwhirl from the Gym Heroes set Illusatrated by Ken Sugimori) (Lt.Surge's Magneton From the Gym Heroes Set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori) (Erika's Venusaur from the Gym Challenge Set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori)
Basically they are all the Pokemon of Brock, Misty, Erika and Lt.Surge from the Set Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge, being a salad of the 2 and i made 100 Sprites in total. I would say that you can see my transition and how I have been improving in what would basically be a whole month and just an extra, I don't particularly enjoy making these cards from this Sets, this is because the backgrounds are often very confusing and/or very difficult to translate into pixels, although obviously I don't have a "bad" time and I even would say that I got more experience making backgrounds.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
These sprites all look amazing! I know how difficult it is to transform images into sprites, ensuring the pixels still convey the core elements of said picture. On top of that you used as little colours as possible. I love how you made multiple sprites versions depending on the number of colours used and made shiny variants.

All in all you did a great job! 😊

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
These sprites all look amazing! I know how difficult it is to transform images into sprites, ensuring the pixels still convey the core elements of said picture. On top of that you used as little colours as possible. I love how you made multiple sprites versions depending on the number of colours used and made shiny variants.

All in all you did a great job! 😊
Thanks =D, Curiously, the thing about the different color palettes arose more than anything because it occurred to me to show how Zebstrika's mane glows with electricity as it does when attacking and basically that became a snowball that made it now do 4 Variations of the Sprite with Different Palettes XD.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello!, I wanted to show a little what I was and what I am currently doing:
dfta3jq-10cc83ba-b995-45d3-a5f5-cd41fab36cc7.png
dfvdmfz-64ca6022-b2ba-4b0e-8984-3ea9561e4341.png
dfwtpes-e9548077-461f-482c-8307-c7f81d53be2d.png
dfwut14-6550d319-626d-4abd-bcc3-4365dc4df074.png

Sentret from the Neo Genesis Set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori, Chinchou from the Neo Genesis Set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori, Skarmory from the Neo Genesis Set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori, Heracross from the Neo Genesis Set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori
More than anything, Neo Genesis cards I would say that I have more than half of it, although I was only making Pokemon from Johto, since after making 100 sprites in a row of Kanto Pokemon I ended up half burnt from making those xd.

dfvmvuj-0cb9daf8-e661-4ec7-a68c-d84de6522565.png
sabrina_s_abra_gb1_and_2___shiny__gym_heroes__by_paperfire88_dfvjubh-fullview.jpg
rocket_s_hitmonchan_gb1_and_2___shiny__gym_heroes__by_paperfire88_dfvwjxc-fullview.jpg

Blaine's Kangaskhan from the Gym Heroes Set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori, Sabrina's Abra from the Gym Heroes Set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori, Rocket's Hitmonchan from the Gym Heroes Set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori
And after saying that, from time to time I do These xd.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello, I wanted to show the "Extra" things I did:
fairy_metal_darkness_energy_gb1_and_2___shiny_by_paperfire88_dftdcth-fullview.jpg
double_dragon_energy_gb1_and_2_by_paperfire88_dftzde8-fullview.jpg

The Fairy, Metal and Darkness Energies are base on the ones from The Sun & Moon Set and The Double Dragon Energy is From the Roaring Skies set, They are Made in 2 Styles: in the Pokemon Tcg 1 Style and in the Sequel Style, I use the Sprites from the Original Games as a base (I got them from here: SpritersResource).
Remaining-Energy-Types.png

These are based on the Pokemon Sword & Shield Logos and I also made the Simple Logos that appear on the hand of the Games, The truth is that I really liked making them Xd, what do you think?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello, it's been a while since I uploaded anything here xd
dfxb09n-f9ce7ae8-b2c3-4caa-8dbb-71a6b97851a0.png
dfxhnio-e1ed2e6a-72ce-4126-8b71-f2a3d2298122.png
dfyj3ef-b63a8af6-8570-4ef5-a89f-bcba71c1b3dc.png
dfy0w3t-583659b6-6108-4bf8-9eab-0b4fe3d617f2.png

Clawitzer from the Furious Fist Set Illustrated by 5ban Graphics, Krookodile from the Dark Explorers Set Illustrated by 5ban Graphics, Delibird from the Heart Gold & Soul Silver illustrated by Sui, Mimikyu from the Sword and Shield Promos Illustrated by Hasuno
Just a bit of "Random" things that I do from time to time, just so I don't get tired of doing everything in the same style xd. Have a Nice Day =D

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hi, it's been a while since I showed something here xd:
dfxq4ax-6ef9b841-26aa-4951-82fa-8370980bc879.png
dfz2maz-f305c611-db6f-4287-a4d5-4e08694cc9bc.png
dfz5uqt-90899f2e-3dd5-461e-855e-746d5074c497.png
dfzlxwe-a45303f0-93bb-4f77-9598-346b50f4e25a.png

Lugia from the Neo Genesis Set made by Hironobu Yoshida, Donphan from the Neo Genesis Set made by Ken Sugimori, Granbull from the Neo Genesis Set made by Ken Sugimori, Skiploom from the Neo Genesis Set made by Atsuko Nishida

At this point I'm practically done with Neo Genesis, although I was only doing the Johto pokemon so I doubt it counts xd. And by the way, I've just reached 50 followers on DeviantArt so I'm happy about that =D.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
All of these are amazing! How much time did it take to make them?

To be honest, I would say that in general it takes me about 1 hour to make them.
Although obviously there are exceptions, for example the Mimikyu Delta took me I would say about 1:40 or 1:50 hours and the fastest I would say was 40-50 minutes, although a few more minutes could be added because sometimes I take A few minutes of rest since what really takes me the most time is the Background of the Sprites and the Energy that I have also affects me, because I usually do them in my free time.
So in general it would take me like 1:20 or 1:30 hours.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello, I just wanted to show the Last Sprites from the Neo Genesis:
dg10ii4-e10b0ef0-eaa0-4ee9-843c-54c0bbf022da.png
dg1at6c-0a647c30-7c50-4b5b-b8c7-0bc1d748b958.png
dg1k9oq-36ee7e1b-9091-47d7-8fb1-e5b24686ac87.png

Meganium Illustrated by Ken Sugimori, Typhlosion Illustrated by Shin-Ichi Yoshida, Feraligatr Illustrated by Ken Sugimori,

dg1i7mm-4b6b3687-6aea-4a02-a091-aa0ac6e12b45.png
illustrated by Ken Sugimori
This is a Remake of a Pichu that I made 5-6 months ago, and if I'm honest, it's hard for me to see why I thought "THAT" was something Acceptable xd.
Have a Nice Day =D

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
i really love how you studied how the art from the Pokémon TCG and the video from DeltaSeeker, and replicated the style very well.
Your sprite work is very good, it could fit in a Pokémon TCG game for GBC easily.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Awesome! i'd love to see Vaporeon from HS-Undaunted 41/91, that has some of my favorite artwork on a pokemon card ever!
Here:
Vaporeon-GB1-and-2-Shiny-Undaunted.png

Vaporeon From the Undeaunted Set Illustrated by Sui

Speaking a little about the Colors: in the first one it has a Brown as the darkest Color, this is simply to try to keep it having that sensation of "Heat" that the Original card has and About the Sprite: If you look closely there is no A lot of detail in what would be rocks and others, this is because I ran out of colors to differentiate what would be the Background of Vaporeon, and the truth is that I did not like how they turned out with colors and it confused a lot so I simply decided not to put those details.

And Something that I would like to highlight: I really don't have a problem if someone ask me to do a Card, obviously don't expect me to do it immediately xd, and I also wouldn't mind if you guys want to use my Sprites for something, as long as they give the Corresponding Credits and so on.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
Here:
Vaporeon-GB1-and-2-Shiny-Undaunted.png

Vaporeon From the Undeaunted Set Illustrated by Sui

Speaking a little about the Colors: in the first one it has a Brown as the darkest Color, this is simply to try to keep it having that sensation of "Heat" that the Original card has and About the Sprite: If you look closely there is no A lot of detail in what would be rocks and others, this is because I ran out of colors to differentiate what would be the Background of Vaporeon, and the truth is that I did not like how they turned out with colors and it confused a lot so I simply decided not to put those details.

And Something that I would like to highlight: I really don't have a problem if someone ask me to do a Card, obviously don't expect me to do it immediately xd, and I also wouldn't mind if you guys want to use my Sprites for something, as long as they give the Corresponding Credits and so on.

AWESOME! Those are so good! Thanks for taking the time to make these, they are amazing! ✨

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello, Showing Extra things that I did in the middle of Neo Genesis:
stantler_gb1_and_2___shiny__secret_wonders__by_paperfire88_dg34ffd-fullview.jpg
tyranitar_gb1_and_2___shiny__neo_discovery__by_paperfire88_dg1rcsq-fullview.jpg
goomy_gb1_and_2___shiny__ancient_origins__by_paperfire88_dg0lq05-fullview.jpg
delta_kingdra_gb1_and_2___shiny__ex_holonphantoms__by_paperfire88_dg06dk1-fullview.jpg

Stantler from The Secret Wonders set Illustrated by Kouki Saitou, Tyranitar from The Neo Discovery Set Illustrated by Hironobu Yoshida, Goomy from the Ancient Origins set Illustrated by Sui , Delta Kingdra from the Holons Phantoms set Illustrated by Masakazu Fukuda

And by the way I'll show you some more from Neo Genesis xd:
kingdra_gb1_and_2___shiny__neo_series__by_paperfire88_dg0x3pf-fullview.jpg
steelix_gb1_and_2___shiny__neo_series__by_paperfire88_dg0vrqo-fullview.jpg
ampharos_gb1_and_2___shiny__neo_series__by_paperfire88_dg0z4f3-fullview.jpg

Kingdra from the Neo Genesis set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori, Steelix from the Neo Genesis set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori, Ampharos from the Neo Genesis set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello, I wanted to show some Random things:
Prueba.png

This is Simply Me Playing with Colors xd, These are various colors in different tones to see how they look and combine them a bit.
You may have noticed that the Colors of my Sprites do not look like the ones in the Games, This is because I Mainly Take the Colors from the original card, The Official Sprites and finally Any Combination that occurs to me, In the Games the Colors Are Much More Saturated.

Pokemon-Tcg-Mason-Laboratory-With-Some-Changes.png

This is Just A Few Small Changes from the First Lab of the Game, the Biggest Change is the Floor being this the Floor of Pokemon Red, the Rest are only change to the Shelves and Some Color Changes.
They are just very simple changes that I would like to implement in the game, although I only did this because I was bored.
I would like to be able to Make a Hack Rom, technically I already have the Cards and the Sprites made xd.

Have a Nice Day! =D

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hello, it's been a while now xd:

venusaur_gb1_and_2___shiny__remake__by_paperfire88_dg1grrk-fullview.jpg
charizard_gb1_and_2___shiny__remake__by_paperfire88_dg2qbpw-fullview.jpg
blastoise_gb1_and_2___shiny__remake__by_paperfire88_dg2v7sl-fullview.jpg

Venusaur from the Base Set Illustrated by Mitsuhiro Arita, Charizard from the Base Set Illustrated by Mitsuhiro Arita, Blastoise from the Base Set Illustrated by Ken Sugimori,

This is something that occurred to me a while ago, they are basically my versions of the sprites from the original game with a comparison on the right.
I think it is quite clear that I have a lot of Admiration for the Sprites who worked in the Games and that this is not to detract from their work, I am someone who has many ways to make these sprites compared to them, who had to do them with the technologies of the time.

And if you are Wondering, I have also done the Prevolutions and some other Pokemon from Set 1, Have a Nice Day =D

Back