• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paranoia Agent

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    i just saw paranoia agant for my first time last night...wow...that was kinda sad, and disturbing. But I liked it, and I will watch it, but one thing, I want to know more about it before I see it again, so could anyone tell me?

Last edited:

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I think its paranoia, lol. Its only 13 episodes long... and that anime is weird at times, XD... Shounen Bat -.-

[offtopic]Maromi is kawaii[/offtopic]

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    oh sorry...it was late, and my eyed dont work that good at night. neway, thanx. I can tell it isnt that long cause of the people laughing in the begining. There wasnt alot. but thanx!

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    mm, you watched the dub? i see it has a u.s. distribution... lol... *smirks at ep 3*...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    This show is incredible...probably one of the best ever on Adult Swim. Shounen Bat is one of the more interesting characters I've seen on a show, and I like the premise of each episode profiling a character's descent into paranoia and eventual bludgeoning by Lil' Slugger's bat.

And I really like the beginning...so much laughing o_o;

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Ahh! Paranoia Agent... The first Anime Horror series to get onto Adult Swim. The people laughing at the beginning are supposed to symbolize people that are afraid of 'Lil Slugger' (groan).

Anyway, I believe that the show is supposed to be based off a Japanese lore about a person or spirit that attacks really depressed people, but I'm not 100 percent sure. However, the dub seems to be pretty accurate so far, compared to the subtitle.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    yea, i thought at first he was a person who attacked people who deserved it. lil slugger did kinda look like Ichi* last night. If you change the hair, Ichi would probibly be a REAL suspect.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I hope you don't mind, but I've changed the title so that it reads "Paranoia Agent" instead of "Paranoid Agent" Hehe... From what I've heard of it, it does seem to be intriguing, but until the Daily Mail retract their anime-bashing statements, I don't think it'll be coming ot UK shores very soon.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Actually, I always thought Lil' Slugger looked like a short Mexican man o_o; But Ichi did bear a resemblance, what with the golden roller blades and all. I loved how last night's episode unfolded, with him going from hero to zero at the hands of the suspicious student body. His final descent into madness was illustrated wonderfully...it was very convincing.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    uh...i changed the name too...o.0...oh well. But I dont get who took those pics of Ichi, and fat dude! Do they leave you so you dont know whats going on alot in this show?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I was under the impression that a security camera at the school caught the fight and that the pictures were somehow released o_o;

They really made it ambiguous to whether fat dude (I can't remember his name either XP) had anything to do with the rumors and the smear campaign throughout the episode x_x

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    eh, doesnt shounen bat get caught in ep 4 i believe? XD

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I dont think it was the school cameras cause if the school saw it, they would like...punish Ichi, not send it to all the cell phones! Unless my sorces are correct, and schools are plotting demise on kids everywhere...nevermind.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    i think that youll hear about him later, cause they were talking about the first victum, and well...yeah, i think youll hear about him again. He was also thought to be the slugger, and they will have to notice that that theory is wrong!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Kasanai Tsumi said:
    I dont think it was the school cameras cause if the school saw it, they would like...punish Ichi, not send it to all the cell phones! Unless my sorces are correct, and schools are plotting demise on kids everywhere...nevermind.

I had assumed that someone (either Shounen Bat or the fat kid) might have gotten a hold of the film before the school could, but it could have been filmed by anyone and from anywhere. It was high above them so I suppose I didn't think a human would be on the roof, but I'm probably wrong.

Whoever did it has a pretty good cell phone, though, to be able to email it to every child in the student body at once o_o;

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    yeah, and if pig boy did do it, then how did he know to put the camera there? When he went there, he didnt know it was about the elections, cause he was happy in the begining...I first thought it was lil' slugger, and I still do.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I never said that it was definitely Ushii (I believe that's pig boy's name, and I'm not confusing him with Uichii), just that it could have been anyone and that it was probably Shounen Bat =/

pirategirl92

Still loves season 1
    Years
    See, in the first episode, as detailed as it was, you don't get enough information. Okay, this sixth grader is practically going phsyco from losing his title. And the only one he has to bully is pig boy, Of whom Uichii thinks is the one who started this. (In the classroom scene, with everyone's cell phones, go get the idea that either pig boy is behind all this or he's trying to defen Uichii.) (Although the way pig boy talked kinda disturbed me, it sounded like he was lying. Either that, or a bad voice actor.) With only seeing Lil Slugger twice in the whole show, you know it's not Uichii or pig boy, but it could be anybody. (They had a piece about this in Newtype Magazine that might help.)

Back