• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Parents into Pokemon

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Okay I have always wanted my mom to start playing Pokemon ever since she got her pink DS last Christmas and today she finally picked up Emerald and enjoyed it. Im so glad because my brother and I can easily show her the ropes. My question is, who all here has parents that are into Pokemon or who wishes they had parents who were?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I wish my parents played Pokemon, but they play Wii, and my father even plays World of Warcraft from time to time, but no, not Pokemon >;

Slowking rides Latios

Sir Slowking
    Years
  • My parents have tried playing my games, they thought they were too hard and confusing >_>.

The only one they enjoyed was wii play, and then my mum said it made her head hurt, so we stopped.

What sucks is I don't have any siblings to play with me either.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Eh my mum is old fashioned and would never be able to work out a DS let alone a Pokemon game so I doubt she would...
    My dad however loves racing and FPS although he rarely plays either..

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • My dad used to be a PC gamer back when the whole idea was on the rise in the early nineties. He was mostly into the EA Sports series for PC, particularly NHL. He even bought a Sidewinder pad (which I still have) to enhance his experience. When my parents gave me my N64 for my birthday as a little kid, my dad was enthusiastic about it. He even took me to the mall to buy Star Wars: Rogue Squadron the month it came out, and we played it all day long, and he was ten times more hyped about it than I was. Since his promotion, he hasn't had a lot of time for himself, and he stopped gaming. He's getting a bit interested in Halo 3, though, and he did enjoy Doom 3 when it came out after his friend gave a PC to him with the game.

Now I wish either of my parents would play ANY games, let alone Pokémon. Man, having my parents play Pokémon would open up ten whole years worth of understanding with how much fun it is to raise your own Pokémon and take on the gym leaders and Pokémon League with your own team which you grew and trained all on your own. I'd embrace the whole concept. For the longest time, they thought it was strictly for kids (mostly because of the anime, until I introduced them to the Japanese version of Mewtwo Strikes Back) until they saw that my group of friends and I still play the game. Since the classic days of Pokémon, they've accepted it as a part of their life, but they don't take much interest in it, and I can completely understand it. Sometimes though, I just wish they'd ask a question like "You catch that Latias yet, son?"

Oh well.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My parents? HAHA! Don't make me laugh.

Let's just say my mom prefer to call Pikachu a "Yellow Rat" and leave it at that.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Back in the day when Pokémon was the most popular she liked the anime. And her favourite Pokémon is Squirtle O_o. But my mum thinks the games are based of the anime so...No chance of her playing the games..

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol. At first my mom only like Jigglypuff and sang that song sometimes. I have to get one for her now that I think about it.

joehat

Yay
    Years
  • Haha my Dad thinks Pokemon is for kids and he thinks all video games are a waste of time unless they're educational. However, he likes Forza Motorsport 2 because it has some of his old cars in it. Back on topic though, "Pokemans," as he used to call it, hell no haha. When I bought my DS Lite a year ago though, he knew what it was for. Pokemans.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    My mom can't even handle handphones. How is she going to handle a game? My dad thinks Pokémon are for kids.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • My dad thinks Pokémon is for kids. As in kids younger than me. And I'm not even thirteen yet. The worst part of that is my sister says Pokémon is beyond her - and she's EIGHT!

Anyway, I'd really love it if they started, although my dad describes Pokémon (or pockemon as he pronounces it) as "fight, fight, fight, fight". :\ And he wouldn't let me get Pearl or let my mum get me Pearl. But I'm getting Platinum soon, so it's 'kay. Then, my mum keeps saying that me clicking through links at normal speed is "so fast, click, click, click!". So I really think that I'd be too impatient with how slow she'd move through Emerald if she did play it.

So, it's kinda hopeless, don't you think?

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
    Years
  • My parents generally have no opinion in the games I play. My Mum barely even touches games, but my Dad enjoys them and he even introduced me to the gaming world. Dad more or less makes fun of everything I like, and so Pokemon tends to cop it a lot. I kind of wish Dad would play Pokemon games with me like he does with my brother and Spyro, but I guess he's sick of it since he's heard all about the series for five years until I shut up about it.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • My parents aren't too good with technology, so I don't thnik they would have a very fun time if they played Pokemon.
    But! My dads friend, Steve, picked up my SP with Sapphire in it and started playing. He looked kind of confused, but I hope he enjoyed it.

Then again, when he played GTA San Andreas, he went around making chicks run and watched their breasts bounce, before shooting them down. O_o

Years
  • My mom is not a gamer AT ALL and my dad only plays games like Combat Flight Simulator and America's Army. I wish someone in my family played pokemon though, just so they would understand what I was talking about half the time.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ha! My brother and I REALLY wish our parents were into pokemon, one time we showed them a Aipom, and they didnt know it was a Monkey!

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    wow, looks like I got lucky with my mom then. Lol.

Chelzbell

magical girl undercover
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Hahah, no. My parents are willing to purchase the games for me, but never would they play the games themselves. My mother is interested in another DS game, Brain Age, which she would use my DS for. That's about it though. I can't imagine them getting into it - that would surprise and shock me. Maybe even bother me a little. I want my parents to have their own interests and not get into mine. =w=

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Lol, no, my parents don't. My dad has tried, but he gets confused. o_O

Back