• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Parents into Pokemon

joehat

Yay
Years
  • Hahah, no. My parents are willing to purchase the games for me, but never would they play the games themselves. My mother is interested in another DS game, Brain Age, which she would use my DS for. That's about it though. I can't imagine them getting into it - that would surprise and shock me. Maybe even bother me a little. I want my parents to have their own interests and not get into mine. =w=

Haha yeah Brain Age is the only game on my DS my Dad ever seemed interested in.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The only games my parents do play is WiiFit... I find this funny for some reason.

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    My dad only played the Atari, he isn't interested in video games at all. Right now the only thing he is interested in concerning video games is Tennis, Bowling and Golf on Wii Sports. Thats it.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    My mum has a DS but she automatically hates cartoons of any kind, so because she hates the anime, she won't play the games. Although, I doubt she would play anyway because she hates doing anything where someone could call her childish. Which explains her hatred of cartoons, anyway.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna switch her Prof Layton game thing with Pokemon Diamond in the morning and see what she thinks XD

Let's just say my mom prefer to call Pikachu a "Yellow Rat" and leave it at that.

Weird, my mum says the same thing.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I think that my mom attempted to play at one point. It almost got my game broken because she was confused about it. The next time I tried, I had to take it away from her by force unfortunately. >.> <.<

Sean Visinoni

Apple - Think Different ^^
    Years
  • It's already difficult to find some 15 years old pokemon fans... i think searching for some among people over 30 it's a little to much XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It's already difficult to find some 15 years old pokemon fans... i think searching for some among people over 30 it's a little to much XD

Not true! This guy who wanted to date me was 32 and loved pokemon! He always bought me things and his friends liked it too.

Years
  • My mom used to play Pokémon Blue back when it was brand new. But she stopped when the second generation came up unfortunately. I always wanted her to play newer games but she apparently wont.
    Well, at least my mom plays other video games such as Mario and Zelda. I don't know many parents who play games at all, but my mom has played since the first gameboy came out and Im a little bit proud of it lol

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • My parents are both gamers, but they usually just play shooters or strategy (and I play with them too). They, like many parents, think that Pokémon is a kids' game, even though I have a whole circle of friends who play Pokémon with me. (C'mon, the videogame club at our school is basically either Brawl or Pokémon!)

It's already difficult to find some 15 years old pokemon fans... i think searching for some among people over 30 it's a little to much XD

Well, I wouldn't be so sure! Pokémon held some official videogame battle contests, and some of the winners were 40-year-olds!

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • Both of my parents have gamed at some point. Originally only my father did back in the days of the old Atari and Sega consoles, and for a while when the family got thier first computer. He mainly played arcade style games and some racing games and in his youth was great at the old, original Space Invaders. However he doesn't play console games or computer games anymore. My mother on the other hand didn't really play much to begin with and preferred puzzle and strategy games. She has actually played Pokemon on a GBA emulator before. These days my mother sometimes picks up second hand Pokemon merchantise for me to add to my collection and in fact last years birthday present from my parents was a Pikachu costume XD (and some clothes). Its now well accepted among my family that I'm the fan of pokemon of the family just as its accepted that my sister is the Tigger fan of the family. My mother also eventually played some fantasy games like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Like every set of parents there's something that they could not stand. For my mother it was DnD and for my father laziness.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I don't think my parents will ever really like Pokémon. When I was younger (er, I was nine when Pokémon started on TV here), my dad used to sit and watch it with me and we'd learn the type advantages and work out strategies for the battles in the episodes, as we later did with Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist Kingdom xD however, ten years on he's rather confused as to why I'm still watching "all that garbage".

My dad loves to play Paper Mario and Mario Kart, and he loves to watch me playing games (though he has started finding Pokémon games like PBR rather monotonous) ...I think the last thing my mum played was Super Mario Bros. on the NES!

To be honest...it's unlikely my parents would ever want to play Pokémon when I find it so hard to find local friends to play with! xD

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • Hah, I'd love for my mom to get into Pokémon or any video game we have. The thing is, having parents that immigrate to any country, they don't quite get interested in new things. I don't really think she's be into things like that. I wish she would. =\

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2009
    My Mum won't play video games of any sort but me an dmy Dad play games all the time but he won't play pokemon :)

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • Me and my mum play WiiFit, WiiMusic and WiiSports together (her Mii has a side ponytail, XD) together quite a bit, but not Pokémon. She thinks they're all very cute (she likes Psyduck), but she doesn't understand it, which is understandable after an hour of "OH, LOOK I CHAINED 14 PHANPY" etc.
    I know loads of people who like Pokémon. They think I'm some sort of wierd Pokémon knowledge mine who has memorised Bulbapedia's trivia section on each Pokémon and feels the need to recite it when battling them "Look! A Magmortar, it is the only Pokémon with three-stage evolotion that is fire type and is not a starter."
    I am the eldest person I know (IRL) who still plays, though. I battled my six-year-old neighbour a while ago. =3

Back