• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Parts of you you've come to like

Years
  • There have been a number of threads on here where people have discussed body image and the bits of ourselves we don't like. I thought it would be nice to put a spin on that and discuss things about ourselves we used to dislike but now do like.

As for myself, I used to really dislike my eye colour because they are brown. I wanted to have blue or green eyes. However, as I have gotten older I have come to appreciate them. I have pale skin and dark hair and think my dark eyes match really well. They may not dazzle, but there's a certain warmth with the colour brown.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My nose. I used to think it was huge. I don't anymore, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think these huge glasses helped :P

Years
  • Going to jump on the band wagon and say my hair too, it's getting super long now (in fact, longer than I've probably ever let it grow before) so I'll probably get it trimmed soon, but it's always served me well -- it's pretty shiny and has always been a nice dark brown.

I was actually having a debate with some male friends over each other's best features recently, and most of them decided that one of my best features are my eyes, which are brown. This started a debate over whether blue or green eyes are actually better - but it's nice to know brown is not considered plain, ha. I've never really thought about it before but I really couldn't see anything but brown suiting my face -- perhaps I need to try on different coloured eye contacts or something just to see if I'm right or not.

Sirfetch’d

I used to never be happy with my teeth even after I got braces to straighten them. They still seemed...off to me haha can't really explain why! But I am happy with them now because for some reason they look normal to me now? Maybe I was just too paranoid about how the used to be in the first place!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I used to hate my skin, but now I've come to like it. That's not really anything to do with my mental state thought my skin has just actually improved lol

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Just like Poki, I'm pretty okay with my hair and eyes. I used to hate my hair because I can't do anything with it at all. (I still can't, so I just let it do what it wants). It's at a reasonable length now for me to actually care for it though.

As for my eyes, I've come to adore them because they change colors depending on the light. Sometimes they are gray, other times they can be a bluish gray too.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I used to struggle with being bipolar, and I felt like it was to blame for a lot of my issues in life - but then I grew out of being a teenager; and realized that every kid has sh***y problems in life as a teenager. :P Now I'm used to it, and appreciate that I'm not a one-sided person. I look at people who never change the way they look at or feel about things, lack any passion to what they do and experience, or only have one way of reacting to anything in life, and say to myself - "Wow. They don't even realize they're repeating themselves over and over again, and aren't experiencing anything they haven't already. That sucks."

(Not saying that everyone is like that - just that there are some people like that; and I'm thankful I have a natural inclination to not be as such.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love my eye color. They're hazel and I love when the green comes out in them more than brown. I like my hair because it's wavy/curly. When I just let my hair air dry it curls a lot more and I think it looks cute. Also it's long and I've been keeping up with trims so long and healthy looking :) My eyelashes too. They're really long and they curl nicely I think. Also my lips. I've come around to them a lot recently. I'm throwing my vagina into this because I've gotten enough compliments to feel good about it looool

Everything else physically on me I'm either indifferent to or I think it could be better.

Besides physical I love my sense of humor, I like the way I word things, and unless you've spoken to me you won't really know what I'm talking about, but I love the tones I use when I talk.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    The only thing that I like on me is the fact that I look quite young - I'm 23 and I only look about 15-16.

Years
  • My nose. I used to think it was huge. I don't anymore, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think these huge glasses helped :P

Same! Always had an issue with my nose, and thought that it was larger than average, but I've learned to work with it. And like Dakota, the huge fob glasses has helped in a way :P

Back