• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Party Pokemon: Elite 4

Did you use alot of restoring health items?

• Yes

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters
I used a Charizard, Infernape, Blaziken, Houndoom, Mightyanna, and Goldeen (Goldeen was just in case of healing matters. But I never had to heal.

Mine was a bit diverse. I tried to cover my team's weaknesses. I did pretty good, too.

Infernape lvl 55
Grass Knot
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Calm Mind

Noctowl lvl 50
Air Slash
Zen Headbutt
Roost
Hypnosis

Rotom lvl 50
Shock Wave
Ominous Wind
Overheat
Substitute

Garchomp lvl 53
Crunch
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Shadow Claw

Empoleon lvl 55
Ice Beam
Metal Claw
Peck
Surf

Roserade lvl 52
Giga Drain
Toxic Spikes
Leech Seed
Sludge Bomb

As you can see, I tried to keep everyone balanced out in some way. Roserade and Noctowl are the odd balls, since they only have 2 type-based attacks. Normally I do not do that, but they were special. They were their to help sweep Bertha and Aaron respectively.

Here's my first team for the E4 in Diamond

I still haven't gotten my Platinum game yet, so haven't faced that Elite 4 atm. X_X

Luxray Lv. 55
-Crunch
-Charge
-Spark
-Hyper Beam

Drifblim Lv. 49
-Fly
-Defog
-Thunder
-Shadow Ball

Rampardos Lv. 44
-Zen Headbutt
-Screech
-AncientPower
-Swords Dance

Floatzel Lv. 55
-Aqua Jet
-Blizzard
-Crunch
-Surf

Lucario Lv. 54
-Aura Sphere
-Dragon Pulse
-Close Combat
-Psychic

Infernape Lv. 55
-Flame wheel
-Close Combat
-Rock Climb
-SolarBeam

Two of the pokemon were rather low leveled for the E4, mostly due to the fact I only needed them each to sweep three specific pokemon each.

Phew, so im not the only one with underlevelled pokemon that uses tons of restore items :D

My team is usually
Infernape/Torterra/Empoleon
Luxray
Crobat/Staraptor
Blissey/Giratina
Gallade/Gardevoir
Any Eeeveelution

my favorite team of pokemon pearl

Gayarados level 57
sneasel/weavile level 6* (i either traded it or it was a sneasel)
Infernape level 58
Luxray level 50
Lucario level 52
Bidoof level 3 (revive fodder :P)

First Diamond game my team was Infernape, Starpator, Luxray, Gyarados, Roserade, Kadabra
Second game team was Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Garchomp, Lucario, Floatzel

I originally wanted to go through with two Pokemon. I realized my weaknesses, though, and then added two more. I had to go through twice because Cynthia's Garchomp obliterated me, so I can't imagine how I would have done it with only two Pokemon. Still, I might try to go through with only a Mightyena. My team:

Gliscor Lv. 63
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Roost
-Stealth Rock

Slowking Lv. 62
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Psychic

Infernape Lv. 63
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-ThunderPunch
-Stone Edge

Luxray Lv. 60
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
-Crunch
-Thunderbolt

An Action Replay was used for a few things.

my team was:

mightyena lv 63
houndoom lv 68
spritomb lv 60
honchcrow lv 63
absol lv 64
sableye lv 61

so, i had problems with the bug type elite 4, and infernape. unless i used spritomb or sableye.

My team was:

Sableye (100)
Raichu (100)
Salamence (100)
Blastoise (100)
Charizard (100)
Xatu (85)

^ Friend let me borrow pokemon for Elite 4. >.>

My party pokemon were: Empoleon, Staraptor, Cherrim, Azelf, Heatran, and Giratina.

I had: Torterra, Galalie, Galade, Rotom, Magmartar and garchomp :)

I did well getting through the Elite 4 trianers but then I always got shell-shocked against Cynthia. Haha, but then eventually my Pokemon came through :D

My team was Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Milotic, Rapidash, Luxray, and Gallade. <: For the life of me, I can't remember the levels, though. (They were all mid-50s, I believe~) I think I got through in one try -w-;

On my Platinum version, I used Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Giratina, and Rapidash against the Pokemon League. I had to use quite a few healing items in my challenge, but I didn't really need a lot for each individual battle, know what I mean?

Yeah, my team was not that great. But I'm working on it--that was my first time through the Elite 4. ^^

Back