• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Party Screen

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Does anyone know which values in PScreen_Party I should edit if I want to change the positions of the panels that the Pokémon's data is displayed on?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's all in PokemonPartyPanel, specifically in def refresh under the if @refreshBitmap for the text itself.
    Though you'd probably have to adjust the relative x and y positions of the other sprites in that same method if you're moving the text drastically.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    It's all in PokemonPartyPanel, specifically in def refresh under the if @refreshBitmap for the text itself.
    Though you'd probably have to adjust the relative x and y positions of the other sprites in that same method if you're moving the text drastically.

Is it possible to make it so each panel has its own x and y value? The only values the panels themselves seem to react to are @panelbgsprite.x and @panelbgsprite.y but when I add a +100 to them it moves all the panels at once.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is it possible to make it so each panel has its own x and y value? The only values the panels themselves seem to react to are @panelbgsprite.x and @panelbgsprite.y but when I add a +100 to them it moves all the panels at once.

Oh dear, I read too fast, I thought you wanted to adjust the text itself.
    Sorry sorry.
    You want to change these two arrays a little higher up.
    Code:
        self.x = [0,256,0,256,0,256][index]
        self.y = [0,16,96,112,192,208][index]
    The first is the x, so left, right, left, right, left right.
    the other one is the y.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Sorry sorry.
    Code:
    the other one is the y.

Cool. Well now I know how to change the text's position as well, so win win. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Sorry sorry.
    Code:
    the other one is the y.

Hmm, changing those values doesn't seem to get a reaction. The panels don't move when I change the values to even something ridiculous like 5000.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hmm, changing those values doesn't seem to get a reaction. The panels don't move when I change the values to even something ridiculous like 5000.

Oh right, I forgot to tell you there's 2 sets of those lines, one for blank panels with no mon (PokemonPartyBlankPanel), and the other that is for a filled panel, (PokemonPartyPanel)

Sorry again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Oh right, I forgot to tell you there's 2 sets of those lines, one for blank panels with no mon (PokemonPartyBlankPanel), and the other that is for a filled panel, (PokemonPartyPanel)

Sorry again.

Ohhhhh, I found the filled-in one, it's right above where it loads all the graphics. I'll just copy and paste my values from the filled-in one to the empty one. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Each panel does have an index, passed to the panel on creation. the index is not saved in the panel.
    if you search for PokemonPartyPanel.new, you should find it, yep.

Back