• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pass me the answers

Years
    Don't recall ever cheating or helping someone else do it, although I have witnessed people and I regret not saying anything about it \: My guilty conscience is enormous so I'd feel extremely bad if I ever needed to resort to those means.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've definitely cheated before. One of them would be in high school, when I was taking algebra regents. I didn't study for the exam at all, but thankfully, my friend did, and she volunteered to pass me all the answers. xD" Managed to pass the test with a score of eighty-five. I wasn't really proud of it, but at least I got through.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I've cheated many times before.There's been time when I taking a test and I would take a peak at the text book for a few second when the teacher wasn't looking for a bit or I'd quickly glance over at a person's test to see their answers. I'd only do it if I'm really stuck on a question and seriously need to pass a test to get a good grade. I never like cheating either, but sometimes I felt it was necessary. The last time I cheated was when taking a test for my college reading test. I wasn't sure about some of the answer and just peaked at the study guide for a few minutes. I have also asked people for answers on homework too when I didn't have time to do the work in time.

Years
    I've been the one people cheat off. I never really minded, it's the point of if the teacher catches, will they give us both Zeros? a lot of them were like that

Years
    Is it considered cheating if you lead a study group and give everyone slightly wrong/flawed reasoning and definitions, or oversimplified answers to philosophical dilemmas in order to boost the curve, and thus, your own score?

If not, then no, I have never cheated ;)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I suppose I cheated once on an assignment. Our 11th grade psych class had to take notes during lecture, and somehow I didn't get the memo, maybe I went to the restroom during those two crucial minutes, but we were also supposed to type them & turn them in the day of the test. Whoops. So I totally didn't know to do that. You know you fear being in such a dreadful situation, where your peers scramble to complete the homework the morning and you, ONLY YOU, didn't know it was due. So, I'm like, WOAH WHAT OH MY GOD WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE HAD TO TYPE OUT THE NOTES -GOTTA GO FAST TO LIBRARY-. And so I went on a computer to type & print out something. Then, a classmate approached me with her USB drive and asked for me to print her assignment. Uh yeah whatever, I'm not really friends with her, but I suppose I'm too nice. So I opened her document and let her print it. :/ I then had the dumb idea to use her typed notes, make some changes, but my teacher noticed it and had a talk with me not to do it again.

I'm the one people cheat off of, though. One time in middle school, the teacher caught a student looking at my homework in class. I was about to get upset over it, but the girl admitted to cheating and that I did not permit to it, noble of her to do that bit, anyway.

Years
    I did it once...back in fifth grade...kind of on accident, though. We had a quiz on something, I want to say adverbs, and we had been studying a list of them a few moments before. We were told to clean off our desks (so we couldn't look at the the lists), and since I was a bit slow in putting my stuff away I decided to just put it in my lap - and then I remembered, oh yeah, that list is still in the pile of stuff there. Why I didn't just put it on the floor when I remembered...I guess I was afraid of my teacher looking over and finding out I hadn't put my list away yet and then yelling at me. I ended up taking a peek at that list about halfway through the test, since while I originally could stand the temptation to look, I eventually thought "one or two small peeks won't hurt". :( However, when the test was over, one of the other people near me noticed what I had when I took my stuff back out, and immediately squealed to the teacher in front of everyone that I had cheated on the test.

...I'm still amazed that I wasn't immediately flunked on it, since my argument was pretty much "but I didn't look at it for most of the test!". It definitely did put me off any more temptations of cheating on tests ever again, though.

As for people who do it regularly, eh, I'm mostly impartial to them. They're really only hurting themselves if they can only get through tests based on what others are doing. Although I definitely won't condone them - I catch you looking at my papers, I will block all my answers right then and there. :X

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I cheated a lot when I attended school in Mexico. (this was end of 10th grade/1st semester of 11th grade). I literally paid people $1 (dollar) for someone to pass me the answer keys to exams and print copies of homework assignments. I didn't give a crap about it, I was struggling learning chemistry and Anthropology en Espanol at the time, so I needed aids...but I was heading the wrong direction. :s

...and the professors never noticed the copies whatsoever. I swear.

Also I remember cheating on an exam using this:

Pass me the answers

And I got caught once by doing that. Goes to show that you can cheat on homework and research papers but it's easy to get caught by cheating on an exam if you are not careful. xD

Years
    I've cheated and have attempted to even in college though in the end I usually chicken out. :D; But I don't see it as a big deal since most of what's taught in school just goes in one ear and out the other to me, hah. That and tests aren't the best measure of how smart anyone so I felt more pressured to cheat out of worry of getting bad scores.

In fifth grade I tried cheating on a math test. My teacher yelled in my face and took the paper away. Scarred from that even now.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I've cheated before, but I'm not someone who does it regularly. The few times I've cheated before was during a French test in Grade 10, when the teacher wasn't looking I would whip out a dictionary to help me out. haha.

I also cheated on a Social test by using my ipod to google stuff, which was just essentially a test that was designed to make our class fail, since it's contents were things that we didn't even learn. I came out with an 80 on that test, and my teacher actually talked to me after he gave back the results, and he questioned how I got such a high mark. I didn't actually tell him I cheated, so I fibbed a bit. :x

Oh, another interesting moment of cheating was during junior high when my class was doing a math test. Our teacher went out of the classroom for a moment, someone yelled out "WHAT'S THE ANSWER FOR THREE". Everyone in the class quickly shared answers with each other, I included LOL, before our teacher came back.

In all honesty, cheating is more of a hassle than just plain studying to me.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've never cheated on a test or anything before in the way of notes, or writing on arms, etc. Though, if it counts, I did cheat on my math homework a lot due to the answers literally being in plain text in the back of the book. Pretty sure that's the only subject I ever did that in. Otherwise, if I sucked I'd just fail the test rather than cheat on it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    The way I see it, it honestly depends on the class, regarding my opinion on cheating. My college mandates us to take classes that we will never focus on ever again in our academic lives, and we waste a good amount of time on those classes. Cheating on tests for those classes, I feel, isn't exactly the worst thing ever. If you're a chemistry major, however, and cheat on chemistry exams, then I'll be annoyed. That's something you want to devote your life to, be legit about it.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    Pffft haha.

See, in my school cheating was a CLASS effort. It wasn't one or two people, it was literally EVERYONE. No one had issues with it either.

Right, example. In Algebra II freshman year the teacher would put corrected homework assignments in a bin in the back, with folders for every student. Thing is, the teacher had no qualms about students turning in homework late. So if you, say, didn't do an assignment you would just walk down to 'check your folder' whilst really browsing through everyone else's for a copy of that assignment, you'd then copy the answers and put it back. End of semester it was a field day for people who didn't do their work, and literally no one cared that people were sharing answers like this. It was great.

Another was in Biology. The teacher would have this quiz thing every morning on the reading from the night previous where we had these remotes assigned to us and the questions were on screen. People who didn't know the reading were easily able to see what the person next to them or in front of them was putting in... especially if they tilted their remote juuust right >:D

And then there was the school cheat system, used for tests. It was school wide and barely any of the teachers knew of it. It involved a combination of foot placement and tapping. If someone near me knew the answer they would cough or sniff twice, or scratch their head. Or for big tests like finals there would be one designated person, usually a person with really good grades that we would look to. To know what question they were on you simply had to count the number of taps in between sniffs or other signs. Then they would move one of their feet accordingly to a side of the desk. They'd move it in front of them for A, right for B, left for C, and back for D, for E they would tap their foot at D.

It was a really complex system that only worked if you really understood it, and it was used occasionally. I don't remember much of the finer points because it's been too long.

Teachers never caught on, though. As far as I know it's still used today.

Last edited:
    Years
    Switching from university to college, the latter seemed to take the whole cheating/plagiarism issue seriously because in a couple of my classes, the teachers have actually assigned assignments and quizzes that are worth like 15% of our final mark. Initially, I thought it was a ludicrous idea because that was never something that I went through in university; professors would normally just outline the whole academic dishonesty issue within the course outline. But, it worked out in my favour because it was an easy 15% to achieve. Even when it came down to the crunch, with little to no time to finish a project, I would do my best individually without the aid of others. I don't like relying on others for my work nor do I write on my hand to cheat on exams or tests. Although, I'm quite surprised that some people still do that...And have not been caught before.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I don't like relying on others for my work nor do I write on my hand to cheat on exams or tests. Although, I'm quite surprised that some people still do that...And have not been caught before.

Well, if you have absolutely zero knowledge on a subject you're about to be tested on, you sorta go to the extremes.

Years
    Well, if you have absolutely zero knowledge on a subject you're about to be tested on, you sorta go to the extremes.

That's why you study, dear. And study hard! Even if it's a zero that I get on assignments (and I've had my fair share, to be honest), it's what I deserve for not putting enough effort into preparing myself. Although, they haven't done much in teaching me that lesson XD I still procrastinate my studying and sometimes go in with knowing very little yet still manage to get a decent mark; it's a fluke.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Oh, personally, I cram if I've procrastinated. I have friends, though, that just don't study and rely on someone they can trust for answers (me being that person for Calculus; we were so blatantly cheating). Their logic is that they'll never use the topic in question ever in their futures, which may potentially be true. Do I agree with it? No, but I don't really mind giving out answers. Makes me just as bad as the actual cheaters, I know. But eh. It's definitely stupid, don't get me wrong, but if I'm sure I can get away with it, then why not? That being said, only people I know. I'm not giving answers out to strangers.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years

Why would anyone have absolutely zero knowledge on a subject they were supposed to have studied?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love to cheat and I love helping people cheat. If you're that person in the room who covers their answers or won't pass the cheat paper to the next person I automatically despise you times 1000x.

Back