• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pass the sprite~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
  • Let us do this one then:
    dpmfa357.png

Kenji, could we make "theme" sprites?
    Like, maybe "Torture" xD
    Or maybe "Cute"
    Or "Tropical" - Yes, I needed to do that :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    It has been a long time since i did some spriting
    91c6z7.jpg

I cut its leaves and stole his bananas XD

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • I gave him/her an apple :)
    Tropius likes his/her apple :)

EDIT: Missingno. did NOT kill the quality. Click it. I'm gonna put my edit on that sprite, brb.

EDIT: Here it is.

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
  • @Teh Panda In the first post there is written to EDIT the sprite not to ADD things. According to this, removing things that we don´t like and that aren´t done by another user should be fine, imo.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Poor Lapars, Gone to Prison :(

View attachment 45926

Umm dude, thats just a recolor, and a poor one at that
    Lets try not to destroy that beautiful shell work, k? Cause its REALLY nice work.

Whavw.png

Well, she got attached to a pink bloob of terror,then that pink blob of terror made lapras get a pink necklace and bracelet.(really bad edit sorry)

This just looked like someone used a pencil and drew this "blob" on. The shading isn't the greatest either. I think it falls under this rule:

And so we resume...
    lapras.png

pts4.png

I changed its color...

Isn't color changing (especially for no reason) against the rules, though?​

See these guys did not sprite, they did simple stuff such as you did, taking off bananas and not ADDing anything whilst you do the action basically take out the point of spriting (Editing what is there/adding preferably) I personally think taking out an object is way to simple to be considered spriting.
    Thats just my CC though, good luck ;)

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
  • @MissingNo. You´re rigght, it doesn´t really matter, but I didn´t know what I´ve done wrong, so I made that post. Teh panda showed some examples in his next post and now I think that I know what I did wrong.

@teh panda This way, a post is helpful^^ If you just say "that´s not spriting", I don´t know whats wrong, but so... Thx =D I´ll try again. Just from where shall we start? From MissingNo´s or from Poke´s sprite?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • MissingNo.'s looks distorted on my computer. I'm not an idiot, I did click it -.-

Since it's been so long... another sprite

dpmfa267.png

The other Butterfly Pokemon~ The last one turned out great, so lets see how this one does.

Greeneflower

Pikachu Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Ok, i'll edit this post when I'm done, is that OK?

EDIT:
    Buterflyedit-1.png

Removed nose, and that thing by its right wing, lol. Also added new antenna!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thats not spriting >.<...

sy9udh.png

bananas restored ;P
    It is indeed spriting, as he sprited the neck and leaf that was behind the bananas. He ADDED to the leaf and neck-- and did it quite nicely, in my opinion.

Please, don't revert people's sprites when they've done nothing wrong. :\

See these guys did not sprite, they did simple stuff such as you did, taking off bananas and not ADDing anything whilst you do the action basically take out the point of spriting (Editing what is there/adding preferably) I personally think taking out an object is way to simple to be considered spriting.
    Thats just my CC though, good luck ;)
    Sorry, but you don't get to choose the definition of spriting. Technically, ALL of those are sprites, simple or not. Recoloring isn't against the rules because it's not spriting, it's because it takes away from the game, as seen in many of the early pages of this thread.

Also, there's no need to quote 6 posts, especially when most from the previous sprite. It just causes confusion. They've all been dealt with. If you have some actual constructive criticism for them, feel free to PM/VM the creators.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back