• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Passing By and High Link

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Co-op Play and wifi features!

In 3-on-3 battles, the placement and setup of your Pokemon will be important to the battle. Depending on who is in the middle and in the front of your party, the way attacks hit will change, so switching your Pokemon's positions based on battle strategy becomes the main point of triple battles.

A new feature called "Passing By" will allow your DS to connect automatically with other players that are nearby. As you advance in Black and White, you will be able to help others on their journey.

The DSi will now have a "TV Transceiver" feature (not for the old DS or DS Lite). You can use its camera to talk to friends that you have exchanged friend codes with using "Live Caster." Locally you can talk to up to four people, and over Wi-Fi only two. This may or may not be a Black and White-exclusive feature.

Passing By and High Link
    Passing By and High Link
    Passing By and High Link
    Passing By and High Link
    Passing By and High Link

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    In 3-on-3 battles, the placement and setup of your Pokemon will be important to the battle. Depending on who is in the middle and in the front of your party, the way attacks hit will change, so switching your Pokemon's positions based on battle strategy becomes the main point of triple battles.

So, it's like Front row/back row in Final Fantasy? Hmmmmmm....souns interesting. I was kinda wondering if that was the case, but I hadn't given it serious thought.

TwinkleClefable

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star~
    Years
    Wait so does this mean, that like if you're starting a game, and you just got your Pokabu, you can pass somebody by who has a Reshiram? And he can like help you?

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    ok im relieved that the dsi enhanced feature is crap i don't need, so far.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    an Eye...much like how Sinnoh looked like a triangle...I guess an eye will be a common pattern we might see throughout this region much like with the sinnoh triangle, Hoenn was shaped like a Yin and Yang symbol for those how did not know :)...wonder if Johto and Kanto have any shape...

Solodomo

Psychic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    wow Pokemon is really trying to do alot of different things

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    an Eye...much like how Sinnoh looked like a triangle...I guess an eye will be a common pattern we might see throughout this region much like with the sinnoh triangle, Hoenn was shaped like a Yin and Yang symbol for those how did not know :)...wonder if Johto and Kanto have any shape...
    An eye? Well you just sprung an idea up in my head! The eye of that green haired guy, and the eye made in this area of Isshu....Maybe they are connected somehow.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    An eye? Well you just sprung an idea up in my head! The eye of that green haired guy, and the eye made in this area of Isshu....Maybe they are connected somehow.
    Nice job, you saw the sign, I knew it was going to show up repeatedly like the triangle in Sinnoh did :). The same with Yin and yang theme RSE had going on with Latios and Latias, the same with Earth vs. Ocean :)!

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    So, I wonder... If you put a Pokemon in the back row, maybe it'll raise defense and lower attack. But if you put it in the front row it'll raise attack and lower defense. (Not by much obviously)
    If so then this brings a lot more strategy to battles and I think I'm starting to like triple battles already. :) (If what I said happens)
    It could also mean that the Pokemon in front get attacked more by the AI, which could also come in handy if you're trying to heal someone.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    A new feature called "Passing By" will allow your DS to connect automatically with other players that are nearby. As you advance in Black and White, you will be able to help others on their journey.

There is a new "High Link" feature that is reminiscent of the rescues in the Mystery Dungeon games. You can take on missions from a building in the middle of Isshu to help players who are in trouble.

Who is excited about this? It means we can play together with locals maybe like an MMO with Passing By and help others out like in MD games with High Link (My favorite feature of MD games)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'm excited about this feature. The ability to help locals on their journey seems very cool to me.

Back