• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Path to Light and Darkness: Sinnohs Swan Song

tim0789

Pokemon Master
Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Chapter 2: Post 1 Looker Cometh!

"What the hell..." jacks mind raced back and forth as he tried to understand the events that transpired in the morning.

"Vee!" Kicks sounded off as it stayed close to it's trainers leg.

"What is buddy?" Jack stopped his pondering as Kicks stared down a man in a trench coat, approaching slowly.

"Hello there young one." the man spoke as he kneeled down and Petted Kicks ears.

"Umm..hi?" Jacks facial expression showed concern as the man stood up and reached his hand out to shake.

"My name is Looker, I am a pokemon detective" he says before continuing. "I was contacted about a week ago by a distressed sounding Professor Rowan, he told me that he had sent a package to me containing four letter with a name and a picture attached to each letter. He had told me that I was to be at this spot at this exact time, and to give each letter to the person resembling the person in the photo attached" He says clearing his throat, reaching into his trench coat he pulls out a letter with Jacks name on it.

Oh...well thanks a lot..." Jack was thankful but confused about how Rowan could have planned this.

"Well get moving now, I have to wait here for the others, we must keep our conversations short, we could be being watched at any moment" He says waving the boy and his pokemon off down the road.

"Right, gotta keep my training going if i want to be the best trainer ever." Jacks eyes lit up with a burning fire.

Looker smiled, "Oh one last thing, the Professor made it very clear to me that you were not to open that letter up until after you had won your first gym battle. Good luck" He says with a grin.

"Understandable I guess. Gives me a reason to win that badge as fast as possible. See ya later sir!" Jack hollers as he and Kicks begin running down the dirt path.

20 minutes later: "Woo i'm beat" Jack wiped the sweat from his head as he takes a seat below a tree.

"Vee..Vee.." Kicks pants as Jack pulls out a pack of Reeses and gives one to the exhausted pokemon.

"Yeah will have you in the best shape ever. No pokemon will stand a chance against you. Keep it up and i'll buy you a big Reeses" Jack laughs as he sits down.

"Growl?"

"Huh?" jack looks up to see a wild Growlithe staring down the bag of reeses.

Quickly the Growlithe snatches the bag and sends a bowl of flames slamming into Jack.

"AHHH!" Jack stood up in anger and wiped the ash from his charcoled face.

"Kicks are you ready to take down that Growlithe and retrieve the Reeses?" Jack questioned his pokemon with rage.

"VEEE!" The pokemon jumped to its feet and stared down the Growlithe.

"Alright lets do this for the Reeses!" Jack pointed a finger and the battle began.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Tim0789: Short post, but it met the requirements! So continue to post two! Also I need your SU to still be posted in the OOC page please.

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Chapter 2: Post 2 - Charred Chocolate

"Kicks start the battle off with a tackle attack!" Jack's voice boomed across the grassy plain that had just become a battle area.

"Veeee!" Quickly Kicks sprung into action and slammed its shoulder into the wild Growlithe.

"Grraaa!" Growlithe whimpered as the Reese's fell from it's mouth, and collided into the side of a tree.

"This battle is all ours buddy! Use another tackle attack!" Jack took advantage of the Growlithe slowly getting to his feet.

"Veeeeeee Veee!" Kicks swiftly launched his body back at Growlith.

"NO! Kicks stop!" Jack instantly realized the Growlithe had been faking its injuries as it nimbly dodged Kicks who rushed into the same tree.

"GROWWW!" Growlithe roared as flames consumed the area around Kicks.

"KICKS!" Jack's voice sounded crippled as he rushed over to the flames that were now enveloping the tree.

"Are you ok?!" Jack slid to his knees as he picked up Kicks.

"Vee" It said as he licked the burn from its paw.

"Here, this should help. Thank god my mom thought ahead and packed me one. I really gotta remember to buy more." The trainer pulled out a potion from his backpack and sprayed Kicks up and down.

"VEE!" It cried as it began licking Jack's face now, obviously feeling better.

"Hehe glad to see you're doing better. By now the Growlithe must have taken o..." Jack stopped in mid sentence to see Growlithe still staring and growling at the two.

"****!" Jack tucked Kicks in his arms as fire once again launched from Growlithes mouth.

"Ahhh," The fire nipped Jacks back as he dove and hit the ground hard, "Kicks are you ok?" Jack asks the pokemon only to realize he's no longer in his arms.

"Kicks?" He pulls his head up and sees Kicks and Growlithe fiercly attacking back and forth.

Growlithe lunged and used bite to grab Kick's tail in his mouth.

"Eeeevvv!" The brown pokemon shouted as the fire dog chucked him into the air.

Instantly Growlithe shot more fireballs up at Kicks as he continued to soar through the air. 2 out of 4 made contact as the pokemon fell to the ground.

Kicks weakly got back to his feet and began to pant.

"Kicks..." Jack pondered what to do but realized that if he stopped this now, Kicks would possibly never have confidence or self respect.

The thought took Jack back to a past memory...
    "Dad why aren't you giving your pokemon commands in this battle?" A 10 year old Jack questioned a tall bearded man in a baseball cap, as he watched an interesting battle.

His fathers gaze had yet to shift from the battle, "Well son this Lickitung is new to my team and one thing I've learned over the years of training is that pokemon need to adjust to a trainer," He scrathed his goatee, "Sometimes it is better to give them space in a battle so that they know you trust them. It also lets them know you have confidence in their abilities and in the end this will help their confidence in themselves to grow."

The young Jack watched as his father's Lickitung defeated the opposing trainers Tauros without one command. Although his father was speaking to him, his eyes never drifted from the field. "I see...thanks Dad. Every tip you give me will help me be the best trainer around one day." Jack smiled as his father finally turned to face him.

"I'm sure you will be son. One day this world will be your playground and battlefield. You may have hard decisions to make but I know you'll do whats right. I just wish I could be there to watch." His eyes seemed sad as the took walked out of his training gym.

Jack was unsure at the time what his father had meant about not being there, but he never stopped thinking about it...

Jacks mind cam back from the memory as he noticed the battle had taken a turn for the best as Kicks continued to push Growlith backwards.

"VEEE!" Kicks cried out as he kicked up dirt into Growlithes eyes.

"Groo" Growlithe began to wipe the sand from its eyes as Kicks hurriedly slammed its body into Growlithe again.

Growlithe tried to stand up but collapesed from exhaustion.

"Alright Kicks, way to go!" Jack rushed over to his tired partner and scratched his hea d. "That was awesome I'm so proud of you, now lets finish this!"

Jack stood up and unclipped an empty pokeball, "You're mine Growlithe...You will be my first Fire pokemon." The ball was tossed and absorbed the pokemon.

It began to roll back and forth..."Come on, come on!" Jacks patience was letting up as he waited to see what happens.

Meanwhile from a distance:

"Well looks like this kid has some talent. Seems I might as well try my luck with him." A young girl in a red tank top and skirt with long blonde hair pulled into a pony tail says as she pulled down her pocket telescope.

"Who knows, maybe it will be easy to seduce him into doing my bidding." She laughs as she heads towards Jack and Kicks.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Camaero Colligan - chapter two, part I

It had been over an hour since Camaero and the others were released from questioning by the police that had quickly arrived at the scene. Professor Rowan was an important figure, after all. Camaero sat in a chair in a corridor of the lab, Eevee in his lap, waiting for the other trainers to finish being questioned. His usual content demeanor was now more on the pondering side. Eevee had rather quickly accepted that he was her trainer now. She was raised with the sole purpose of being given to a young trainer on this day, after all, and the trainer that picked her had been a good one from what she had seen so far. She was still very young and a bit naive, so she probably would have clung like a trusty dog to anyone who received her though.

"Hey, how are you?" a voice came and snapped Camaero out of his thoughts. He raised his head to see the female lab assistant from earlier stand before him with a worried smile.

"I'm fine," he replied, giving her a smile of his own. He could tell she was putting up a charade though, and that she was probably much more worried than he was. Professor Rowan was her employer and probably a friend too. "How are yourself?"

"Oh... we will manage," she said, straightening up and clearing her throat a little. "I have faith in the police, and those villains are just... just..." She faded away. But then she shook her head and looked at him again. "You shouldn't be worried about this though. It doesn't affect your journey."

"Of course it does! The professor has been kidnapped! My... we should make this journey a journey to rescue him, don't you think?" The last words were directed at Eevee, who jumped up barking happily, eager to support any decision her trainer made, to look like a good and obedient pokémon.

"No, you shouldn't!" another voice came. Both humans turned their heads in that direction and saw a man in a brown hat and a trench coat walk up to them through the corridor. He had an air about him of someone thinking himself very important and interesting... but in an interesting way. Camaero immediately decided that he liked the man.

"Ahem, hello there," the man said, first winking flirtatious towards the lab assistant and then giving the young trainer a more serious look. "My name is Looker, a pokemon detective!"

Camaero's eyes widened and he got up from the chair. "A detective? That sounds thrilling!"

"Indeed..." Looker said, obviously feeling flattered. "Well, I was contacted about a week ago by a distressed sounding Professor Rowan who told me that he had sent a package to me containing four letters with a name and a picture attached to each letter. He had told me that I was to be at this spot at this exact time... and to give each letter to the person resembling the person in the photo attached."

"Oh? The professor contacted a detective without telling his assistants?" the lab assistant said, raising her eyebrows. "This... sounds disturbing."

Looker nodded as if he wanted to comfort her for being left out of the loop. Then he cleared his throat, reaching into the trench coat and pulling out a letter, probably one of those he had mentioned just now. "This..." he glanced from Camaero to the little photo fastened to the letter. "This is you. I'm pretty sure of it."

Camaero walked up to him and glanced at it as well. Yep. His dark skin, his black hair and his gleamingly stunning eyes. "Gorgeus picture! When was that taken?" he said with a content smile.

"Ahem," Looker said, just handing the letter to the self-loving trainer. "You should actually get moving now. Onwards with your journey, I mean. I have to wait here for the others and we must keep our conversations short. We could be being watched at any moment!"

"Yes," the woman beside them agreed. "Get going, Mr Colligan. No use sitting around here worrying all day. With the help of Mr Looker..."

"Just Looker, please!" the man said with a smile that was nearly as self-loving as Camaero's.

"... Yes, with his help we will have professor Rowan back in no time at all."

Camaero looked at both of the grown ups who were shooting fake smiles at them. One of them was much more sad than she looked, and the other would rather direct his smile in her way than at Camaero. He sighed but smiled as well. A lot of smiles today. Well, that's better than a day without smiles! Eevee waved her tail on the floor between all the feet of the humans, not quite understanding what was going on, but being quite happy anyways.

"Well, I'll just be off then," the boy said and started walking out from the lab. He was already packed and ready to go.

"Oh one last thing!" Looker suddenly remembered, shaking off the plastic smile. "The Professor made it very clear to me that you were not to open that letter up until after you had won your first gym battle. So... good luck!"

Both the lab assistant and Camaero raised their eyebrows at that. But the boy nodded and left the lab, letter still grasped in his hand. "That professor seems more and more mysterious..." he murmured to Eevee, who nodded in agreement, not really agreeing at all. To her, he had just been a rather brisk old man who had fed her and kept her healthy until Camaero came along. Her very own trainer.​

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Camaero Colligan
    chapter two - part II

The weather was calm and simple when Camaero and his Eevee finally stepped out onto route 202. They were already a long way from Twinleaf town and would leave Sandgem behind them now as well. It was already an adventure, Camaero thought! And now they were heading for Jubilife, the joyful city where Camaero grew up. If it wasn't for his pokémon quest and that will somewhere to find his old friend again... he might stay in Jubilife. He could probably make a decent living there.

As he daydreamed on, Eevee noticed something moving in the bushes beside the road. She saw this as a fun opportunity to sneak up on someone. Glancing up at Camaero and deciding that he wouldn't mind, she strayed from the road, closing in on the rustling bush. Slowly... quietly... AHA! She jumped over the bush with great agility but the pokémon sitting behind it reacted in time and jumped back. Eevee landed on the ground and looked up at the Treecko, for that was what it was. He had apparently been picking berries from the bush and not thought about how close to the human's road he was. Now he was wary... why did this Eevee jump him all of a sudden? He hadn't seen an Eevee in a long time.

But the fluffy, brown pokémon smiled at him happily. She was just playing. Did he want to play with her? He could sneak up on her this time! She put her paws to her eyes to prove that she wouldn't peek. Treecko scratched his head. What a little child... well, she seemed harmless enough, but he didn't have time or patience to play with kids. He said that she should wait here and that he'd go and hide and she could come find him. Eevee happily agreed and kept her eyes closed. Treecko sighed, picked up the berries he had dropped when she startled him and then he walked away into the forest. Not at all intending to come back.

Camaero decided that he would travel and not stay in Jubilife, no matter how pleasant the town seemed when he reached it. "We'll see all of Sinnoh, Eevee!" he said, turning around to look at his companion. She was nowhere to be seen. "Eevee? Eevee!" Camaero called out, afraid that he had lost her already. Oh dear!

Eevee wasn't too far behind though. She was still laying down with her eyes closed but now she sat up, when she heard Camaero's voice. Hm, she wanted to play with Treecko but... she should obey her trainer and come when he was calling her. But she could obey him later, right? Though, what if he didn't forgive her... aww. She called into the forest that Treecko would have to wait and that she might come by later and play with him. Of course, Treecko was long gone and didn't hear her. But Eevee contendetly ran back to her trainer further ahead on the road.

"There you are! Don't run off from me like that! I was worried some wild pokémon took you or something."

"Eevee!" she answered, nodding. It did! Well, she got it, rather. Of course, Camaero didn't understand. He still seemed to think that she wasn't born to be a fighter. Eevee sighed as they walked on. She was too cute to be taken seriously in this world... hmm. She needed to show him that she could be tough. She needed to find a wild pokémon to battle! Barking, she tried to make Camaero understand by motioning towards the tall grass and forest at the edge of the road.

"Hm? You want to go poo-poo or something?" Camaero asked. Eevee sweatdropped. "Do what you must! After that, I think we should look for some wild pokémon. We need to build a team, I've heard."

Ah, well. That was some kind of understanding, Eevee thought. They strolled away from the road and into the area with much taller grass and lots of bushes. There had to be some wild pokémon here somewhere... Suddenly, Eevee let out an eager sound. She had found one!

Treecko was whistling a calm tune as he picked more berries of a new, bigger bush. Ah. Life was pleasant. Nobody to disturb him or force him to do anything. Hakuna Matata. Just then, he heard a familiar squeak and the noise of footsteps heading his way... no way... He glanced around the bush and saw the Eevee from before happily running towards him. The sheer shock of actually running into the creature again made him drop the berries and get hit by Eevee's Tackle. The two rolled around on the ground, berries flying everywhere, until they stopped and Eevee laughed happily. Found you! Treecko looked up at her with annoyance. Oh, you didn't...

"What's this?" Camaero said, running up to the pokémon. Eevee got off Treecko and waved her tail proudly as her trainer's eyes widened. "A Treecko! You found a Treecko here!"

Treecko got up but wanted to lay down and play dead again when he saw the human. Oh gosh. As if it wasn't enough to have a stupid Eevee bothering him, here was a human that she belonged to! No wonder she was stupid, she wasn't even a free pokémon! Apparently he had said that out loud, because Eevee gave him an angry look. Well it's true, Treecko snorted. You only follow orders while I'm free and intelligent. Eevee screamed at him to take that back. She had never been a wild pokémon... but she wasn't stupid! She'd show both Treecko and Camaero that she was tough and a good pokémon. She would battle Treecko!

Camaero wasn't aware of the dialogue that took place between the pokémon, but he was wholly in on Eevee's idea. "Fine Treecko, your limbs are so elegant and the color of your scales so vivid! Let me capture you and make you my partner in elegance!"

Treecko had to admit, that boy knew how to soften his heart, but still. He was human and Treecko wouldn't belong to anyone. Nope! He realized that he'd have to battle his way out of this, and took a fighting stance towards Eevee, who eagerly did the same towards him, growling as she did.

"Oh, right... I'd better battle you first. I have to earn your presence, right?"

Damn right you have to! Treecko thought, adding a small glaring smile to his face.

"Then, Eevee, let's go with Tackle!" Eevee lounged forward, but this time the grass pokémon was prepared. It jumped to the side, making Eevee miss, and then Pounded Eevee hard in its face. The fluffy brown pokémon stumbled backwards in pain and Camaero let out a worried gasp. But Eevee wouldn't let herself be defeated easily. She was tough! She whipped her tail in front of Treecko, annoying it and taking away its focus. Yeah, it worked! Tail Whip! Then, she used Tackle again, and hit hard this time, right in Treecko's stomach. He landed on the ground, gasping, but got up again.

"There you go! You can do it, my wonderful darling!" Camaero cheered on. "Tail Whip again!" He held his pokédex in the right hand, making it detect what moves the pokémon were using, to learn what he could order them to do later on.

Eevee wasn't sure the same trick would work twice, but wiggled her tail in front of the gecko pokémon again. It didn't work. Treecko was angered now and grabbed the tail with his hands and somehow sent a surge of glowing green energy through it. It enveloped Eevee and stung her whole body momentarily. When the stinging pain was over after only a second, she felt weaker. Treecko let go of her tail and smiled mischievously. He was stronger.

"Aah... Absorb! That's a dangerous attack that makes you weaker while it makes Treecko stronger!" Camaero warned Eevee. "Don't let him grab you again! Use your quick feet and make quick Tackles!"

Eevee nodded. She still could keep going. She needed to avoid getting grabbed by the gecko. Treecko didn't look like he wanted to just battle and run off anymore. He stood there in front of her, panting slightly and looking eager to battle all out.

"You like this!" Eevee claimed.

"Maybe..." Treecko admitted. "I know how to battle. I've taught myself!" With that, he lounged forward, raising his hand to give her a Pound. But Eevee jumped aside, trusting her quick feet like Camaero had instructed.

"That's it! Don't stand still!" Camaero called out. "Keep moving around Treecko and Tackle it whenever you can!" They had to make use of Eevee's rather limited moveset.

Eevee ran, but Treecko was quick too. She managed to outmanuever him and Tackle him again in the belly. While he was getting up from the ground, she Tackled him again from behind, sending him flying and landing on his face. Angered, he reached out to grab her foot when she ran by. And he caught her! "Absorb!" Treecko shouted, smiling, and Eevee braced herself for the stinging pain she knew would be coming again.

But before Treecko had time to load up and sent the energy wave through her... something hit his head. Ouch! He looked up, to see a red and white little ball bounce off his head and open up, revealing a strangely seducing red light... WHAT?!?

Camaero watched as the grass type pokémon got sucked into the pokéball and Eevee was released and relieved to escape the Absorb attack. "Are you alright?" he asked his pokémon and took her up into his arms. She licked his hand and smiled weakly up at him. "You are so strong..." Camaero praised her as she relaxed and leaned her head on his chest. Damn right she was.

The pokéball wiggled to the side several times before it finally...

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Charlie Arthurson
    Chapter 2 - Part 1

By the time they allowed Charlie to leave the lab she was quite fed-up with the place. They'd kept them all for questioning, which wasn't surprising as there'd been a kidnapped Professor and vandalized lab. Charlie would have been worried if they hadn't kept them for questioning. But it had been quite annoying to explain to the police over and over again that, no, she had no idea who the people were that took the Professor and, no, she didn't know why either. The only thing she'd been able to tell them were the things the strange woman had said.

The strangest thing was that, instead of cancelling the whole thing as would have been sensible, she'd been advised to keep going with her Pokémon journey, something Charlie definitely hadn't been very happy about. But she'd promised her mom to at least give it a try, and so she would. She'd simply turn around when, and she knew she would, she'd lose against the first gym leader. She decided against telling the mom about what had happened at the lab, as that would only drive her to worry, and headed straight to the route going out of the town. Just as it was in sight, however, she was stopped by a suspicious-looking man in a trenchcoat.

"Ahem, excuse me miss?"

"Yes," Charlie responded reluctantly. She didn't much like strangers, let alone strangers who looked so down-right suspicious. What could the man possibly want with her? She hadn't done anything wrong, had she? Or maybe he was a criminal or something equally devious?

"My name is Looker, I'm a detective," he said, which didn't calm Charlie's suspicions at all. Anyone could put on a trenchcoat and fedora and say they were detectives. "A distressed Professor Rowan contacted me about a week ago, telling me to deliver these letters to his newest trainers."

"How did you know I was one of them then?" Charlie challenged.

"Oh," Looker, if he was who he said he was, dug in one of his coat's pockets and produced a few photos. He looked through them and gave one of them to Charlie. When she looked at it she saw herself staring back, the photo from a few months back that her mother had mailed to Professor Rowan along with her application. "You see now, miss? I was told to wait here today and give you these letters, so here you go," he gave Charlie an envelope. "I was also told that you were not to open the envelope until after your first gym battle, it was very important so do listen to the instructions."

"Wait, did he know what was going to happen?" Charlie asked, many doomscenarios going through her mind.

"I don't know, miss, I only know what Rowan told me. Best to keep on going now, we don't want our conversation to be monitored, and I've other letters to deliver. All the luck on your journey," he made a sort of "chapeau" gesture with his fedora and turned back toward the entrance of the route, while Charlie kept going.

It was only after she\'d walked briskly for about ten minutes that she remembered about her Eevee. "Oh, right, I guess I should let you out now," she muttered, not sure what the trainer protocol was for travelling with Pokémon. She released the Eevee, who then stared up at her quizzically. "We haven't really properly met, have we? I wouldn't count that haphazard battle much of a meeting. I'm Charlie Arthurson, your new trainer." Eevee made a meowling sound back, which didn't sound particularly greeting, it was more a sound of uncertainty. "You were really brave back there, you know," Charlie started. Eevee cocked her head. "You were! Especially how you pushed through even with those Screech attacks scratching at your eardrums. That finishing move was brilliantly done. You're a strong Pokémon, I can only hope to do you justice."Eevee nodded but didn't make any more sound. She was obviously not very comfortable around her new trainer yet.

They walked ahead in silence, Eevee mostly staying next to Charlie, looking around at every little noise. "You don't trust me, do you?" Charlie offered. Eevee looked at her and meowed again, a very soft sound. "I don't blame you," Charlie muttered, sticking her hands in her pockets. "I wouldn't trust me either, I mean look at the trouble I got us in on the first meeting, that can't spell out much good. But we'll give it a shot, okay? I promise that I'll return you to the lab if it doesn't work out, and you could find another trainer who's better suited for you. Someone who wanted to be a trainer in the first place. You're strong, and from what I gathered you're pretty rare too. I'm sure anyone would be happy to have you."

Eevee remained silent and continued walking, and the pair advanced a little more in the route. It wasn't long after that they were approached by a boy maybe one or two years younger than Charlie. "Hello," he greeted politely.

"Are you talking to me?" Charlie asked, looking around her to see if there were other people around, but there weren't. Why would this stranger be addressing her?

"Why yes, who else would I be talking to?" The boy said, but not in an unkind way. "Would you like a battle? I've just caught my first Pokémon and I'd love to give him a try battling another trainer."

"Oh, I'm not sure if I'm very suited for that," Charlie started, already starting to walk forward again, trying to get away from this stranger.

"Oh but please, I would really like to battle, and who knows when I'll find another trainer next?" The boy pleaded. "It won't take very long, like I said I only just caught him, and I'm just starting out as a trainer. I mean I've had a few battles before, but none with my very own Pokémon. I would just be so happy if you would do me the favor of battling me."

Charlie sighed, normally she'd have very little problems refusing, but this boy seemed so polite, she had trouble saying no. "Alright then, but don't expect me to be much good at it, it'll only be my second battle, as well as Eevee's."

"Oh I'm sure you'll do fine," the boy said. "My name is Nathaniel, please back up a little so we can make a battlefield."

Charlie stepped back, creating quite a bit of space between her and Nathaniel. "Well, let's go then Eevee," she said and Eevee stepped forward, taking her place on the battlefield. Nathan called out his own Pokémon, which turned out to be a little Starly.

"Gregoire, let's see what you're made of!" Nathaniel cheered. "Ladies first."

"All right, I won't turn that down, Eevee start with a tackle!" Eevee ran towards the Starly. "Wait," Charlie started. "You named your Starly Gregiore?" The Starly few up before Eevee could reach him, leaving Eevee to stare up at it in annoyance. It was unfair that some creatures had wings and some didn't. If she could evolve into so many different species, why wasn't there one with wings?

"What's wrong with Gregoire?" Nathaniel objected. "Gregoire, use Quick Attack if you please." The Starly flapped its wings once and dove down, trailing a white energy behind him. He hit Eevee before Charlie could say anything to counter it, hurting her quite a bit.

"Eevee use tackle before it can fly high again!" Eevee jumped up just in time, slamming her head upwards and hitting Starly in the ribs. The bird squacked, flapping his wings furiously to stay aloft. "Oh I don't know, doesn't it seem to be a bit out of place?" Charlie asked Nathaniel.

"Maybe when he's little," Nathaniel began, before turning to his Gregoire. "Turn around and use quick attack again!" He turned back at Charlie. "Pardon me. When Gregoire evolves his name will suit him quite well."

"Quickly, crouch low!" Charlie quickly commanded and Eevee crouched, causing the Starly to soar above it. "And tackle up NOW!" as Starly was right above Eevee. She jumped up, hitting Gregoire in the exact same spot again.

"The question is, why haven't you named your Eevee?" Nathaniel enquired. "Gregoire, would you growl for me please?" A very un-birdlike noise came from the back of Starly's throat, a deep growl that made Eevee's hair stand on end. She was suddenly much less eager to fight Gregoire.

"Well Eevee, we can mix a bit of our own can't we? Use tail whip," Charlie ordered. Eevee shook her head, trying to shake the growl from her mind and turned her bum towards Gregoire, slowly shaking her tail back and forth. At first the Starly payed little heed to it, but he found it difficult not to look at that tail going right, left, right, left. Gregoire found himself flying towards the Eevee, wanting to take a closer look at that hypnotizing tail. Charlie had an idea, and acted upon it. "Eevee move a little to the left please, right in front of that rock, but stay above it." The rock in question wasn't very tall, Eevee's head was visible behind it, and her tail definitely was, which was the most important thing. As the Starly came close Charlie ordered the Eevee to gradually get lower to the ground, and Gregoire responded as she hoped he would. He was following the tail, flying closer and closer to the ground until BAM, he smacked straight against the stone.

"Gregoire, are you harmed?" Nathaniel asked, concerned for his new partner in crime. Gregoire shook himself, pecking momentarily at a few askew feathers, before flying up again. He was definitely shaken up though, that much was clearly visible, more so than Eevee was. Charlie was beginning to hope that she could actually win a real Pokémon battle, even when she wasn't provoked or in danger like the last time. She'd heard of people doing amazing feats while threatened, so she'd brushed it off as that and a healthy dose of luck, but it was looking like she might really be able to win a battle. Even just from a beginner with a Pokémon probably much weaker than Eevee was.

"To answer your question," Charlie said. "I haven't really thought about naming Eevee, though I do see now that it's something I should do." Nathaniel smiled, seemingly glad that he'd made her see that naming her Pokémon was a good idea. But soon he ordered Gregoire to use tackle at Eevee. "Dodge!" Charlie quickly commanded, but it seemed that, head on head, Eevee hadn't put the growl behind her yet and seemed rooted on the spot. The Starly hit her sharply with his beak and Eevee rolled backwards from the impact. "Eevee, get your game back!" Charlie pleaded.

"Gregoire, finish this with a quick attack, if you please." Gregoire flapped his wings again, soaring in a dive right towards Eevee.

Charlie, who saw that Eevee was now positioned right next to a tree, saw her chance and took it. "Eevee jump aside and tackle it, just like we did before!" she ordered and Eevee nodded. She jumped aside at just the right moment and tackled Gregoire straight into the tree. This was the last the little Starly could take, and it fell to the ground, panting. Eevee's breath came laboured too and in the end both Pokémon weren't really fit for battle anymore, but as it was Eevee who had handed out the last move Nathaniel insisted that Charlie had won.

"I told you you'd be great," Nathaniel said with a big smile as they both took their Pokémon in their arms. "Would you like to take a break? I've got a bag of Oran berries just waiting for consumption. You know about Oran berries I presume? They help quicken your Pokémon's recovery time as well as giving them a short-term burst of energy. Quite wonderful they are."

"No I didn't know about the Oran berries, but I'd certainly love to take a break right now, and it's nice of you to share your berries with me." Charlie replied. the walked to a patch of grass where they sit down, and Nathaniel offered her some berries that Charlie gave her Eevee. Charlie found it a lot easier to trust Nathaniel than she would have normally trusted strangers. There was something about the boy, be it his overly politeness or his obvious naiveté. Charlie was fairly certain that the boy was incredibly sheltered, and kind of wondering if it weren't incredibly irresponsible of his family to let him go on a journey alone.

"Pokémon really have a remarkable recovery system, much quicker and efficient than humans do," Nathaniel noted, feeding another berry to Starly who gulped it down eagerly. Both Pokémon looked a lot more recovered from how they'd been before. "They can get hurt in battles pretty badly, and recover considerably in but a day! And Pokémon Centers make use of this, they have machines and medicine that quickens the recovery speed of Pokémon even more. Isn't that fascinating."

"It is," Charlie agreed, genuinely, though it might be so fascinating because Nathaniel was so enthusiastic about it. She fed Eevee another berry. Both Pokémon were up and running again. "Where are you from Nathaniel?"

"I'm from Jubilife. Well, actually, my family lives just outside of the city. I just came down to catch a Pokémon of my own." Nathaniel replied, patting Gregoire on the head, who chirped happily back to him. "How about you, what are you doing here?"

"I'm on a journey," Charlie said, though she didn't voice her doubts on going through with it. "so I'm heading to Jubilife now.if you're going back there, maybe we could walk the last bit together?"

Nathaniel smiled. "I'd love to."

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    {Swan}: Good post! I still like the fact that Charlie is so against going on the journey. Eevee grew to level 9! Eevee learned sand-attack!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Camaero Colligan
    chapter two - part III

The pokéball wiggled to the side several times before it finally stopped. Camaero had caught a Treecko! Excited, the boy immediately picked up the new pokéball from the ground and started talking about what a lovely knight his new grass pokémon would become, but Eevee whimpered in his arms and made him look down. "Oh. Both my pokémon are in rather bad shape. Hm... I wonder how much further it is to Jubilife."

Camaero thought hard for a few seconds and then sighed. "I can't go on forward with all my pokémon sick and weak. Let's go back to Twinleaf and heal you up. I'm sure the professor has something useful in his lab. Otherwise, my dad makes the best soup of all time." Eevee gave him a faint smile of appreciation and Camaero liften the pokéball in his hand to his face. "Now you will come visit my home! You'll like it!" he told the Treecko inside.

It, naturally, took them about the same time to reach Twinleaf again as they had been walking on route 202. Camaero went straight to the lab and was right in his assumptions. The female lab assistant met him at the door and when he said that he wanted to heal his pokémon, she led him through a different corridor than last time. Actually, it was the corridor when Eevee had fought the Stunky from earlier. Those strange people... Camaero hoped that the police had soon found professor Rowan.

In a special machine, the pokéballs containing Eevee and Treecko were put, and then Camaero had to wait for their energies to be restored. He went outside, taking a walk around the lab. Some people were already building and fixing the hole in the wall. When he came back to the machine, the pokémon were healthy again. Camaero heartily thanked the assistant and left the lab to visit home. Not that he really wanted to go home already, but he thought he might as well have something to eat there. After all, it was way past lunchtime and he hadn't eaten yet.

His parents were delighted to see him home, even if his mother thought he was a bit lazy for not having reached Jubilife yet. Camaero explained about his sick pokémon and proceeded to let the two out on the livingroom floor.

Eevee came out wiggling its tail and smiling up at Mr and Mrs Colligan, immediately getting liked and loved. Treecko, however, was startled when it came out and saw that it somehow was indoors. Then it saw Camaero and Eevee and sighed. "Oh, no. Am I stuck with these two now?"

"Yes, you are! Isn't it wonderful?" Eevee replied, hopping in circles around the grass type.

Treecko growled. "I don't want to be anybody's property. I'm my own!" And with that, it tried to escape the house. It tried to get out through the window, but just hit its head in the glass. Camaero tried to get ahold of the pokémon, but it escaped his hands and ran upstairs. The windows there were closed as well, all but one... BAM! Just in time, Eevee jumped up and shut the window before Treecko reached it. The grass type turned around only to find the doorway blocked by the boy who had captured him in a pokéball.

The boy smiled at him and laughed a little. "You've got spirit," he said. "This is my home and my own room. How do you like it?"

Treecko looked around. The walls were blue and it was pretty neat and clean. Boring. Camaero could interpret his look just right and laughed again. "Come on. We won't stay here, we'll soon be out in the nature again. But you'll go where I say you'll go. Because if you do, I'll train you and feed you and make sure you get strong and stay safe. Doesn't that sound like a fair deal?" Camaero was convinced that this was the way pokémon training was supposed to work.

Treecko put his hands to the hips and stared darkly at the boy. "I can take care of myself," he said.

"I can too!" Eevee shouted, jumping up and down between them. "But I don't want to! Camaero likes me."

The gecko rolled his eyes. "So naive."

"Come on now, let's get going. We want to reach the next town before it gets dark," Camaero said and without further warning sent Treecko back into his pokéball. "Do you want to stay outside?" he then asked Eevee, who nodded eagerly and ran after her trainer downstairs again.

After a nice but quick dinner, Camaero left his home for the second time that day. Her mother double checked that he had some extra food and money with him and that his mechanically folded tent and sleeping back was in his backpack. He shouldn't have to sleep under the stars. Camaero waved goodbye and finally left Twinleaf in the afternoon sun.

After some time of calm walking, Eevee seemed to be bored. She liked when things happened and didn't want to just walk all the way to the next city. Who knew, it could be many hours left! She scouted around for anything to do and... found something! Like earlier that day, she left Camaero and the path. But this time the trainer saw her and followed her shouting. What the pokémon had found was a small camp set up by another boy. At the feet of the boy were two pokémon looking like a lion and a tiger.

"Hey!" the boy said. "What are you doing? This is my camp!"

"Sorry," Camaero said, picking up Eevee in his arms. "My pokémon just ran off. By any chance, are you heading towards Jubilife?"

"Nah, not now. Tomorrow perhaps. I'm on a little fieldtrip! To show that I can handle myself and my pokémon." He stroke the fur of the tiger laying beside him. "I'm a student at the pokémon trainer school."

"Oh! I used to go there! At least a little bit. It's a wonderful place!" Camaero's eyes gleamed.

"Eh... the place isn't really wonderful. But it does teach ya some nifty things." The boy narrowed his eyes, looking at Camaero. "Hey, my name is Chris. Say... if you're a trainer, would you like to battle?"

Camaero blinked. "Here? Now?"

"Of course!"

He looked down at Eevee, who wriggled to get loose from his arms and enter battle immediately. "Alright!" he said. Eevee jumped down and growled at the other boy, who got up and motioned for the lion cub to get up.

"Shinx, I use you!"

"Eevee, go!"

This would be a battle between two eager boys - one who thought he knew everything and one who just wanted to know everything.

"Shinx, use Leer!"

"Eevee, Tail Whip!"

The lion cub gave Eevee a stare that could melt metal, and the brown pokémon could help but shudder a little. But she still went closer and waggled her tail in front of the cub, until its stare shifted from Eevee's face to the tail.

"Now, Tackle!" Camaero shouted, and Eevee lounged for the lion, hitting straight on with a hard tackle.

"Quick, use Tackle!" Chris shouted and before Eevee had regained its posture, the Shinx was up and ready and hit it just as hard with another Tackle.

"We learn a lot at that school," Chris bragged.

"I know a lot by instinct!" Camaero said. "Eevee, use your speed and run around Shinx!"

"What lame attack is that? It's not even a real attack!" Chris commented as Shinx stood still with an eyebrow raised at the Eevee who now darted around it. "You're just imitating... Agility or something!"

"Damn right we are! Tackle, now!"

Eevee easily hit Shinx again since the lion was distracted by all the movement. It was starting to look weak. "No," Chris said. "Shinx, Tackle!"

"Make a U-turn!" Camaero ordered Eevee, who changed direction in the last second and jumped away so that Shinx' attack missed.

"You can't just be imitating attacks that Eevee doesn't know yet!" Chris shouted, frustrated. "U-turn is another such!"

"We've got to be creative!" Camaero said, winking at Chris and laughing a little.

"Tackle!" both trainers then shouted in unison. Both pokémon stormed at each other and hit straight on... with the result that both soon fell down, fainted.

"Uh... that wasn't really supposed to happen," Chris said, sending Shinx back into its pokéball. "Sorry, boy."

"Eevee!" Camaero shouted and ran up to his pokémon, taking her up into his arms again. "How are you?" The Eevee didn't respond, since she was temporarily knocked out. "Oh, I feel so mean, I feel so-"

"Hey, cool down, will ya? Pokémon can take a beating. Their bodies are much more sturdy than ours and their healing powers are incredible. Why else would we be pitting them against each other like this? She'll wake up soon."

"Alright..." Camaero said and sent Eevee back into her pokéball to rest. "But who won?"

"Well... we could always use another pokémon! Growlithe, I use you!" Chris said, and tiger got up from the campfire where it had been resting during the battle.

"Alright! Treecko," Camaero said, holding up the grass type's pokéball in front of him. "You think you're pretty strong, don't you? Well, if I'm gonna train you, I've got to know what you're capable of. Show it to me!" With that, he let the pokémon out.

Treecko scanned its environment. It was back home, at route 202. But Camaero was behind him, he had just heard the boy's words. And in front of him was... Treecko gulped a little. A Growlithe, one of the fire pokémon living on route 202. Treecko had battled them before and their fire wasn't easy to avoid... but if Camaero wanted a show, he'd get one. Treecko wasn't the one to give up or be angry for a long time over nothing that he obviously couldn't do anything about. Like being captive by a human. No use in running away, really; he'd always feel the pull of the pokéball where he belonged. Plus, he liked battling. He was ready, and nodded to Camaero before taking a battle pose.

"Oh, Treecko! I knew you would see reason!"

"As long as you don't think it's on your terms, punk," the grass type mumbled, but knew the boy didn't understand him.

"Right. Growlithe, use Ember!" Chris opened.

"Treecko, watch out!" Camaero shouted. He had no idea if Treecko was speedy enough to avoid the embers that now came flying towards him. He only knew that Treecko was speedy but not as fast as Eevee. The gecko jumped aside in the last moment, avoiding the full power of the attack, but it still got burned a little and whimpered slightly.

"Hah, sending out a grass type at a fire type. Suicide!" Chris laughed. "Ember again!"

"Jump aside again and then use Leer!" Camaero shouted, trying to form a strategy. Treecko only barely avoided the attack this time and got burned worse on arm. They would lose if they didn't do something quick... battling swiftly was necessary. Treecko obeyed though, just because it would match his own strategy, and directed a strong Leer at Growlithe, who backed off a little.

"Use Ember again!" Chris said, clearly thinking he needed no special strategy to win this.

"Get up close!" Camaero shouted, but Treecko hesitated. "Growlithe will have trouble aiming if you're so close that he has to turn his head around a lot!" Camaero explained and Treecko did so, in lack of other ways to protect himself from the fire. He came close, just as the Embers were about to be blown out from Growlithe's mouth, and he jumped over the tiger, forcing Growlithe to halt his attack and turn around.

"Pound!" Camaero shouted, but Treecko had already raised his tail on his own accord and Pounded Growlithe hard across the face, making it release its Ember in the wrong direction. Straight towards Chris! The boy screamed and leaped aside. Things were swaying away from their favor!

"Absorb!" Camaero shouted, almost wanting to jump into the battle and kick Growlithe himself in order to help his pokémon. But of course he would get dirty then and that wasn't acceptable. Treecko grabbed Growlithe's paw and sent the surge of energy through the other pokémon that made it whimper and shudder as power was transferred quickly from the tiger to the gecko. Then, Treecko jumped away, no longer feeling as much pain from its burned limbs.

"Ah... using a move that hurts the opponent and heals yourself... clever," Chris said through gritted teeth, getting up from where he had thrown himself to avoid the ember. "But now you're in bad trouble. Ember!"

"Treecko, same trick again! Close and Pound!"

"Don't make up attacks!!" Chris shouted like crazy. "Close isn't an attack!"

"It's a strategy!" Camaero said as Treecko ran up to Growlithe. But the tiger was faster now and opened its mouth to fire before Treecko was there...

"Just Pound! Pound!" Camaero shouted, seeing this, and Treecko took a leap, readying its tail while Embers started flying out from Growlithe's gap...

Smoke erupted as many embers hit Treecko's skin, and a loud slapping noise was heard as the thick tail Pounded Growlithe's head. When the smoke cleared, both pokémon were laying on the ground, struggling to get up. Treecko was badly burned and Growlithe was seriously dizzy from the pounding. Eventually, the two pokémon glanced at each other. The fire type's stare made Treecko think, as he lay there panting. He had never won against a fire type pokémon. They were just too dangerous for him. But he had put up a good fight... hadn't he? As to give the gecko the reply he had wanted for so long, Growlithe nodded slowly at him. Treecko gasped, but swallowed and nodded back. The two pokémon acknowledged each other as worthy opponents.

They fainted.

"No, Growlithe! Argh," Chris said and sent his second pokémon back into its pokéball.

Camaero walked up to the fainted Treecko and picked him up in his arms just as he had done with Eevee. The grass pokémon had lots of guts but was pretty small after all. It snored softly. "Thank you, my soldier of elegance," Camaero smiled and let his new partner back into his pokéball as well. He could have swore that he glimpsed a little smile on Treecko's lips before the red light enveloped him.​

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Charlie Arthurson
    Chapter 2 - Part 2

"Would you like an apple Charlie?" Nathaniel offered and Charlie gladly accepted. "So you're going on a journey? That sounds really exciting!"

"Yeah, well, it's not that great really," Charlie shrugged. "I never really wanted to go in the first place, my mother signed me up for it. So far it's been bumpy at best, but I guess it's something better than just working shifts in the shop, at least for a little while."

"Oh, now that just sounds pessimistic," Nathaniel nudged her. "I'm sure you'll be fine, you beat me didn't you?"

"Only because you insist I did, both our Pokémon were out for the count, remember?" Charlie reminded him.

"True, but your Eevee made the last move, so according to the rules, you win. Which reminds me, I owe you money now for winning." Nathaniel fished into his pockets, producing a wallet.

"Nooooo," Charlie objected. "You repaid me through this lunch, please keep your money."

"Alright, if you say so, though it wouldn't be problematic at all to give you a sum..."

"Please, don't," Charlie put her foot down. "But this is a great apple, and Eevee seems to be fully recovered now. Speaking about Eevee, I still need to give her a name."

"You do," Nathaniel agreed. "Grandfather always said that a Pokémon without a name is like man without a face."

"Seems like a wise grandfather you have," Charlie said in-between bites of her apple. "What made you name your Starly Gregoire?"

Nathaniel looked at Starly for a moment. "I don't know, it seemed to fit. It came to me as soon as I caught him. This Pokémon ought to be named Gregoire. And so he was."

"Sounds like good enough a reason. Well, then Eevee shall be Sheva," Charlie decided.

At that moment two pokémon appeared from the bushes, curious to the two trainers who were having lunch in the grass, and probably even more curious from the food and berries involved. One was orange with black stripes and white fur and the other was a green sort of lizard. They didn't seem to be together, in fact the former growled low towards the latter, who glared back. Nathaniel was the one who noticed them. He nudged Charlie sloftly. "Have you ever fought in a double battle, Charlie?"

"No I have not," Charlie replied. "What exactly is that? A battle with two teams or something?"

"Two Pokémon against two Pokémon. there's different variants. If you ask me, a two trainer team is the most fun, it's what we always used to do at home." Nathanial explained, and then pointed to the two Pokémon who were inching closer to the trainers. "Would you like to give it a shot?"

Charlie nodded. "It sounds interesting, and the more experience I get the better I suppose. I hope i won't hold you down though, are the Pokémon ready for another battle?" They did a quick once-over of their Pokémon and both Gregoire and Sheva seemed to be in a good enough condition to start, in fact both of them were quite eager. Sheva seemed to want to impress Gregoire, and the latter just liked battling. "How about we give them a surprise attack?"

"But that's not polite," Nathaniel objected. "We need both teams to have an equal chance. Hello there!" he called out to the Pokémon, both of which looked up startled and guarded. "Me and my friend here would like to battle you, are you up for it?" This was met with uncertain looks. Nathaniel raised his bag which still contained about half a dozen berries. Both Pokémon smelled at once what was in there, and now seemed much more eager. "The winner gets the berries, does that sound fair?"

"You're an odd person, Nathaniel," Charlie commented, but with a smile.

"I've been told such before," Nathaniel said pleasantly and nodded towards Starly to take her position. Charlie scanned both opposing Pokémon with her Pokédex to find out what they were, turned out the striped on was a Growlithe and the reptile was a Treecko. "You don't see those Treeckos very often on this route," Nathaniel commented. "But it's the Growlithe I really like."

"Do you want to catch it?"

"I think so, yes. But we'll have to take the Treecko out first if we want to do that. You can't catch a Pokémon in a double battle when both are still strong, you know." Apparently the wild Pokémon weren't as courteous as Nathaniel was for both the Treecko and the Growlithe attacked at once. The dog-Pokémon jumped towards Gregoire, biting his tail feathers just as he was about to fly up to avoid it. Treecko went for Sheva, swinging a well-aimed pound with its tail at the Eevee. "Gregoire, would you execute a Quick Attack at the Growlithe please?" Nathaniel requested and the Starly dove down with huge speed but the Growlithe's reaction was quicked and it dove to the side.

"Sheva, retaliate with a tackle"! Charlie ordered. The Eevee ran at Treecko but the latter avoided her attack just like his partner had, jumping to the side and hitting Sheva with a pound while she sped past. "Sheva, jump diagonally back, get him with a backwards tackle," Charlie ordered, and to her surprise Sheva didn't hesitate to follow her command and threw herself back towards the estimate position of the Treecko without looking. She hit it head on and the lizard rolled back a few feet. The Eevee didn't have the best of landings either thought.

"Gregoire, use Wing Attack if you please," Nathaniel asked of his Starly, who replied by whipping up a strong gust of wind towards Growlithe. The wind blew the Growlithe back a few feet, rolling over the ground, but after it got up again quite lithely.

"Hey, why didn't you use that attack when we battled?" Charlie asked.

"Well I believed that after the battle we had Gregoire would have become strong enough to use it. Pokémon learn new moves over time as they grow stronger. You should check your Pokédex after battles to see if your Eevee has learned any." Nathaniel explained.

Charlie scanned Sheva and, sure enough, her two moves had been joined by a third one, sand attack. "Sheva, could you use sand attack on Treecko?" The Eevee nodded and whipped up some sand from the ground into Treecko's eyes. The lizard rubbed furiously trying to get the sand out.

"Gregoire, why don't you use quick attack on the Treecko now it's busy," Nathaniel suggested. "Double Battles are about team work, it's time we displayed some," Nathaniel said to Charlie, who nodded in return. The Starly hit Treecko straight on with its quick attack.

"And Sheva, give it a tackle for good measure," Charlie ordered, but before Sheva could reach the Treecko there was a Growlithe clamping down on her tail. "On second thought, swing your tail around and slam it into the tree. I know it hurts right now but trust me, it'll hurt him even more." Eevee nodded, wincing from the pain in her tail, but she did as asked and knocked the Growlithe into a tree, who whimpered as a result.

Meanwhile Gregoire was using a wing attack on the Treecko, whose light weight caused it to fly up and back down onto the ground, straight by Sheva and Growlithe. The attack seemed to be especially effective on the lizard. Treecko was all but done for, it was panting and stumbling. But somehow it managed to take a step forward and clamp both of his hands on the sides of Sheva's head. A green sort of energy want from Eevee through the hands of Treecko into the lizard, who stopped panting and looked, while still badly shaken, to be doing better. Eevee, however, deteriorated visibly. She was the one with the laboured breath now. "What was that?" Charlie cried to Nathaniel.

"An Absorb, nasty attacks those are if you asked me. They drain the energy of one to be consumed by the other," Nathaniel explained.

"Well how about we take him back for that?" Charlie said savagely, she didn't like the smug look on Treecko's face one bit. She noticed how both the Growlithe, who was shaking his head recovering from the tree, and Treecko were in the same line of fire now. 'Sheva, use sand attack on both of them please, and then use a tackle on the Growlithe."

"Why not the Treecko, I thought you would be going for it?" Nathaniel wondered.

"Gregoire's attacks seem to be hurting it more," Charlie explained.

"Ah, I see. Well Gregoire, use quick attack and follow it up with a wing attack on Treecko." The Starly dove towards Treecko just after it got another load of sand in its face. The quick attack was aimed upwards and sent the lizard into the air while the wing attack slammed it straight back down again. After the dust had cleared it was clear that the Treecko was out for the count. While this had been going on Eevee had targeted Growlithe and sent it sprawling.

"One more tackle, Sheva," Charlie ordered but before the Eevee could put it into motion Growlithe opened its mouth and sent a dozen gleaming-hot embers straight into Eevee's face. The impact sent her sprawling back and, for the second time this day, Sheva sank through her paws, unable to go on. Charlie was about to run forward but Nathaniel stopped her.

"Just a second, don't get in the way," he cautioned. "Gregoire use quick attack again, finish it this time." The bird dove down for the last time, hitting the Growlithe and ending its chanced of winning this match. Nathaniel threw his Pokéball at it while Charlie ran towards the Eevee, lifting her up in her arms.

"It's okay sweetie," she cooed. "You did beautifully, I couldn't have asked more from you." They all watched as the Pokéball wiggled back and forth, but finally it stopped with a little 'ting' sound. "Congratulations!" Charlie called out.

"Thanks, she'll make a wonderful addition to the team. Seeing your Sheva really made we want something as fluffy myself," Nathaniel said with a laugh. "I'll call her Aemelia." He then grabbed the bag of berries and handed one out to all Pokémon, including the defeated Treecko, who took two and escaped back into the brush of the route. "Should we get going towards Jubilife now? I don't think I have enough berries for another battle like that.

Charlie laughed. "I think I've finished my quote of battles for the day, let's go."

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Red: Eevee grew to level 8! Eevee learned sand-attack! Treecko grew to level 8! Good post!

{Swan}: Another very good post! I liked the idea of the double battle against wild pokemon! Sheva grew to level 10!

Note: As soon as Wolfwhispers get's the second post up for the chapter I will post chapter 3. Perfectmonster will just have to catch up.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • AN : Uhg, why is this character so hard to write? Sorry for the late post.

- - - -
    Chapter

Jen was all but strolling through the grassy route, taking her time with everything. She needed time to think things through, wonder at just exactly what was happening. A pokemon professor had just been killed, for Mew's sake! It was a wonder that she and the other trainers hadn't been left in shock.

And even worse, they were told to go about their journey as if nothing had happened.

"How can they expect that?" Jen asked her lagging pokemon. She had given her tired pokemon a few berries that had given her some strength.

"Ve," Eevee grumbled, ears twitching in disinterest.

"They ask us to go about our journey normally but some creeper gives me some damn package and I'm not even allowed to open it." Jen continued to grumble, trying to at least get a rise of interest in her pokemon. The eevee still didn't respond. "Look," Jen sighed, and because of her tone her pokemon actually glanced up, "is there any way for you, ya know, at least try and act a bit stronger?"

"Ee," Eevee sighed, turning away with a dejected look.

Jen gave another sigh. "Ok, maybe that wasn't the best way to say it…" She looked visibly annoyed before kicking a random rock. "Look, I know you actually did try in those previous battles but…" Another irritated sigh. "Do you even want to battle?"

Eevee gave her trainer a considering look, tail drooping in a submissive gesture. "Eevee," it said, nodding slowly.

Jen grimaced. "Then why are you…" She trailed off, memories of her brother telling her that just like people, pokemon had different characteristics. Some were always happy, sad… shy. Damn it. "Well, let's try and get you some better experience, make you a bit more sure of yourself."

If Jen were to admit it, she did know that she had been a bit hard on her pokemon. To be fair, though, she had been fighting for her life, and then after she was still on adrenaline and left with a wimpy pokemon. She needed to get it stronger so that she could actually feel safe. She had always felt that way when her brother had been given such a strong skarmory. They could rely on each other no matter what, and she wanted that.

"What do you say?" Jen asked, a bit more eagerly. Her pokemon still looked unsure and despite herself Jen was feeling miffed. Couldn't it even try?

A loud trilling suddenly filled their ears and both trainer and pokemon looked over. Sitting on a crooked branch was a gray and white pokemon, pecking intensely at the wood. Sharp, black claws tore marks into the tree as it fought to get the bugs inside. It seemed to feel the intensity of Jen's and Eevee's stares and turned, head cocking into a glare.

"Staar!" it screeched, chest puffing up proudly and giving an even better growl than Eevee. It twitterd angrily when it appeared that Jen wouldn't move. With a steady beat of small, but rather powerful looking, wings, it took off into the air, wind blowing all about and dive bombed Eevee.

"Vee!" Eevee squeaked, rolling to the side just as the tiny bird whizzed past. Bits of grass and twigs were thrown into the air, already creating a rather intense battleground.

Jen grinned eagerly. "Now this is what we need!" Her hand had already formed an enthusiastic fist. "Eevee, you can do it! Bird pokemon are the perfect foes to fight against to get some self esteem."

Hearing actual determined encouragement rather than fierce demands seemed to lighten the eevee's mood because the moment she got her bearings she puffed out her own chest, trying to look determined. "Ve!"

Still not a great challenging roar but it would have to do.

"Eevee, its coming back in an arc. Do another one of those dodge rolls you just did but try and keep on your feet and Tackle it from behind," Jen encouraged.

A far more determined look appeared on the tan furred pokemon and Eevee nodded strongly. She lowered herself, looking half crouched. The starly swerved through the air, already coming back and twittering madly, its calls somehow as fierce as a Screech attack, and it dove.

The force of the tiny bird actually sent a bit of wind in all directions, much to Jen's surprise. It was gaining speed, wings now tucked tight to its sides with its beak out. All in all it looked like a sharp rocket.

Eevee glared through the kicked up sand and grass, eyes narrowed as it tried to follow the movement of the smaller pokemon. This time she had to prove herself to her trainer. With a loud cry of "Ve!" Eevee rolled to the side, just barely missing impact. She could feel an almost painful blast of air push against her skin and fluttering her fur in all directions. With a strong grunt Eevee fought to stay on her feet, just barely tripping, and lunged.

Eevee could truly feel her heart stop as impact with her head bashed right into the back of the flying pokemon. She had done it! She had landed a hit!

"Eevee, pay attention!" Jen barked, interrupting her pokemon's happy moment. She had been so excited she hadn't noticed that the starly had simply bounced a few times to the ground, looking merely haggard than hurt.

The gray and white pokemon screeched loudly, talons planted firmly on the ground and wings spread out. Its glare was positively livid and its beak was wide open. An animalistic echo that made Jen's hair stand on end echoed throughout the area.

"Quick, another Tackle," Jen ordered quickly. "Stop that Growl attack."

Ears lowered and eyes once more showing fear from the frightening attack, Eevee hastily swallowed and made a running leap at the standing pokemon. What happened was her faltering in the air and falling down in a tumble, body just knocking into her opponent by sheer chance.

"Ly!" Starly shrieked, positively enraged. Its right wing was stuck under the larger pokemon and Eevee only had a moments chance to look sheepish before a series of nasty pecks lay waste to its body.

Jen winced with each strike, taking note of just how sharp that beak actually was. "Eevee, try a Sand Attack. Blind it so that you can get away."

The starly would have none of that, however. It had heard the command, and with a particularly harsh jab of its beak that had Eevee rolling away from the pain, was now freed, and raised its wings in retribution. It flapped harshly, kicking up a tiny wind that probably wasn't a Gust given how strong she knew it could be, but it was enough to throw Eevee back aways.

"Ly star!" Starly cawed triumphantly and once again took to the air. It twittered mockingly as Eevee attempted a halfhearted Tackle only to flap higher and narrowly avoid the impact.

"It's ok," Jen told her pokemon, watching Starly fly through the air. She took note of how sand, twigs and grass was still being thrown all about from the wind that had kicked up. "Eevee, fill the area with your Sand Attack!" she called. "Blind the area."

Dubious of the idea, Eevee began digging up as much sand as she could, forepaws digging deep. Before they knew it the entire arena was filled. Jen held a hand to her mouth, trying to breathe. She was at least far away to see Starly flying overhead, looking confused at the new surroundings, but it chirped triumphantly as it heard a harsh come from where Eevee had hidden amongst the sand.

Jen winced. Well, that had been a bad idea.

"Starr!" Starly cried, seemingly laughing, and dive bombed once more, wings spread out in an effort to find wherever Eevee had hidden itself. It flew sharply, disappearing into the sand barrier, only to come out a few seconds later, looking peeved.

Jen felt her heart leap at the thought of it missing. She saw the bird pokemon begin to arc back, head swiveling all about, trying to see the normal type. With the sand already clearing it would be no time.

"Eevee!" Jen called, straining to hear a low bark. She heard it but so did their opponent. It twittered once more, already dive bombing the ground. "It's coming back! Try and get a Tackle in when it comes!"

Jen tried to believe that the whimper that echoed throughout the air was her Eevee telling her that yes, yes she would, and not that she was actually reverting back to her scared state. She didn't have time to determine which one it truly was because at that moment Starly had finally gotten low enough to disappear into the sand, wings spread, and suddenly there was a high pitched scream that made Jen realize she didn't realize which pokemon had made the noise.

Jen tensed, visibly worried and straining to peer through the clearing dust. She could see a swift movement before it disappeared and she was really starting to feel nervous before a loud bark filled her ears. Another flash of movement and suddenly blur shot out of the dissipating sand and Jen felt herself grin. Eevee had shot out, teeth clutched tightly onto a struggling wing, and out they went, Starly dragging on the ground and shrieking.

"Nice!" Jen congratulated, eyeing the two. She was really starting to feel proud of her pokemon. "Finish it," she told her pokemon, watching the struggle between Starly trying to get away and Eevee straining to hold it still.

At the command brown ears perked up only a hint of disbelief showed before, with a heavy gulp, Eevee twisted its head, Starly following its movement by the wing with no choice, and its body slammed hard into the ground where it lay gasping, breath taken and wing injured. It chirped weakly and Eevee panted happily, finally looking pleased with itself and looked up at Jen and barked.

Jen smiled. "Good job," she told her pokemon, truly meaning it. "This little guy sure was tough." With an eager grin she fumbled for a pokeball and took aim. With a large burst of excitement Jen let it go, watching it soar high and bounce off the pokemon's body, surprised that it hadn't missed.

With a startled chirp the starly burst into bright, red energy and was easily sucked into the device where it fell to the ground. Slowly, it began to shake…

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Wolfwhispers: I think it's because the character is a bit challenging, but I like that about Jen. Good post and battle. Jen caught a level 6 male Starly! (On a side note Rowan was not killed, but you can let your character believe that if you'd like :D)

Ok everyone Chapter 3 is posted below!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3
    There's a Bad Moon on the Rise

Post 1

Finally you have reached Jubilife City. A massive city in the south-west of Sinnoh, it holds many ideal places for a pokemon trainer including; A Pokemon Center, a tv station, the Poketch company, the Jubilife City Gym. Some of you may be very exhausted, or ready to go out and explore the city.

In this post you are free to roam around the city and explore any of the sites, stores, etc that your character desires. You can create other characters to meet, or you can do a joint post with someone else in the RP. The joint post could be just a causal encounter and discussion about the events of your journey so far. Or you could battle each other. It is your call be creative!

At the end of post one however you must end with your character running into the character below who is battling a random trainer at some area of the city.

WolfWhispers: Elite Four Member Lucian.
    Pokemon: Mr.Mime, Espeon, Bronzong, Alakazam, Gallade

{Swan}: Elite Four Member Flint
    Houndoom, Flareon, rapidash, Infernape, Magmortar

Pefectmonster: Elite Four Member Bertha
    Wishcash, gliscor, Golem, Rhyperior, Hippowdon

Reds Hawt Chibi Pelippers: Elite Four Member Aaron
    Yanmega, Scizor, vespiqueen, Heracross, Drapion

Tim0789: Sunyshore Gym leader Volkner
    Pokemon: Jolteon, Raichu, Luxray, Electivre

Post 2
    You can't help but sense the power from this trainers pokemon immediately, and as they quickly finish off there opponent they notice you and come over to introduce themselves. However this is not just a random encounter with a high profiled trainer of Sinnoh. No they have actually been in the city waiting for you.

"I was told you would be of some use to me. Don't ask me why that's just what I was told by Professor Rowan if this situation ever emerged. So I must ask you to come with me" he/she says with a stern and serious look on there face.

You question them about what is so important and Rowans role in it. Considering he seems to have had an idea of future events to pass. You can then either accept the offer to go with them or turn it down.

Below is what happens if you turn it down:

Spoiler:

Below is what happens if you accept:
    Spoiler:

When you finally open your eyes or have the blindfold finally removed you look around and have no idea where you are. The area is dark, and all living things around it seem to be dying. There are no people, or wild pokemon to be heard or seen except for you and the trainer.

"It's like this here for about a half mile radius. Get up quickly, if we stand in one spot for to long they will smell us. Follow me, I will show you the source of this mess" he/she says as they lead you a few steps through and suddenly you stop, you quickly lose your breath at the sight before you.

"The other four trainers are also at a place like this, we were told that you five would be the ones to help us stop whatever is going on" he says as hovering above you in the air is a strange black and purple vortex that looks somewhat like a black hole. You begin to question what the thing is.

"We are not sure, Rowan was onto a breakthrough before he was kidnapped. We think it has some connection to the problem that is going on in Kanto... Ahem I mean with Team Galactic. You've met one of the higher ups, the pink haired lady who broke into the lab, we are not sure what there master plan is yet but trust me we are working on it" Everything begins to make sense now, why Rowan was kidnapped, what the orb she wanted might do, but what did he mean by what was going on in Kanto. You then ask him what he wants you to do about it right now.

"Nothing... I just wanted to show you the oncoming problems this region will face. But please we must be going now, put the blindfold back on" he/she says as suddenly the bushes around you begin to shake as three bidoofs jump out of them. However these bidoofs look different. They are pale and sickly looking, covered in blood and guts of what may be other pokemon.

399bidoof.png

Bidoof
    Moves: this pokemon has no actual moves. It just attacks with raw strength.
    Level: Does not matter as this pokemon keeps attacking, till killed.

"We have to go now!" he/she says but the suddenly jump and you call out your pokemon. (You will only be fighting one of them)

"Don't let them bite you!" he yells as two of the bidoofs go his way and he calls out a pokemon of his own.

After a while you realize that the bidoof just keeps getting up, and at this rate you would tire out before it did. You would have to kill it. Once that task is done the trainer quickly blind folds you and gets you out of that area.

This time the only real question circulating in your head is, "Was this the end of the world?"

Once you are back in Jubilife City he taks the blindfold off of you and begins to speak. "I am sorry that you have to get involved in this mess... but for some reason Rowan believes that the fate of Sinnoh will rest in you five trainers, you saw what happened back there. We can not allow that to become Sinnohs fate, keep journeying, keep collecting pokemon, keep gaining strength, we will come to you when the time is right" he/she says and with that

Remember that you can change up the conversation with the elite four member or gym leader assigned to you, to fit your style of writing and there character. Also remember to be creative in describing the shadowy area, and the battle against the bidoofs. This is an important chapter as it allows your character to finally get an idea of what is going on around them.

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Chapter 3: Post 3: So many new faces

"Well Kicks we caught our first pokemon together which means you have a teammate." Jacks stared at the pokeball he snatched a Growlithe in not even 3 hours ago.

"Vee!" Kicks danced around in circles as if it was chasing it's own tail.

"Either you're agreeing with me and you're really excited, but I think you are just having a lot of fun not being couped up in that pokeball. Maybe we should let Growlithe out for a bit...she might get a bit jealous and we don't need that on a team." He prepared to release Growlithe from the ball when he heard someone yelling.

Quickly Jack and Kicks scanned the area for who the voice could have belonged to, but besides trees and hills in the distance they saw nothing but the beautiful bright sun. "The sun...the ultimate light bringer.." Jack thought to himself as Kicks stared at him in a confused manner. He snapped out of his train of thought, "Oh sorry Kicks...it was something my father used to tell me..." He clenched his fist.

"HEYYYY!" the shouting was closer and Jack realized it was coming from above him.

"What in the...WOOOOAHH!" Jack shouted in anxiousness as a blonde haired girl wearing a red tank top and skirt came crashing down from the sky on top of him.

"EE?" Kicks jumped into attacking stance as it waited to see what was happening.

"OH my gosh I am soooo sooo soorrryyy." The girl smiled as she stood up and wiped dirt off her clothes. "I'm still working on my landings...are you ok?" She giggled with a concerned voice as she picked Jack up off the ground.

"I'm fi..." Jack stopped his decleration of being ok as soon as he caught site of the woman who had fallen into him. "Uhhh...I..uhhh...you smell like cinnamon" His mind drew blanks as he stared down into the girls gorgeous blue eyes.

"I guess you hit your head a little to hard?" The 5 foot 3 inch girl pondered as she beganmoving his hair and examing Jacks skull.

Kicks finally dropped out of attack mode and sat upright scratching it's ears and snickering...just waiting to see what Jack would say next.

The girl finally stopped investigating Jacks noggin and realized he was now in a daze as drool dripped from his mouth. "Hmmmmm well there's no blood, cuts, or lumps so I've come to the conclusion that you are probably mentally handicapped.

"You're pretty..." was the only response to come out of Jacks mouth.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Her face turned red as she realized Jack had just given her a compliment.

Kicks who could no longer sit by and watch Jack make a fool of himself, sprinted around him and bit his ankle to snap him awake.

"Ahhahahahaha!!!!" He jumped into the air before falling back onto his ass. "What the hell Kicks! Why did you do that?" Jack stared at the pokemon with a bit of anguish until he realized the girl was gawking and still blushing.

He exploded to his feet, "Oh sorry about that miss we were just practicing some fake out tactics..." Jack realized how stupid that sounded but he hoped she would forget all of it.

"Oh...that makes sense...I guess. Anyhoo sorry for crash landing on you. I'm not really good at this sky diving thing yet..." She said as she ripped off her ponytail, allowing her lucious golden hair to flow freely.

"Wow she is really hot." Jack thought to himself as she grinned at him. "It's no problem really. I just didn't know what was happening." He smiled back as he put on a fake smirk and rubbed the back of his head in nervousness.

She looked stunned for a second before reaching her hand out to shake Jack's, "Well i'm Constance, and you are?"

"The names Jack...Jack Blaze, and one day i'm going to be sinnoh's number one pokemon trainer!" He said with emphasis as he shook her hand which seemed to be limp and not moving with his. "You ok?" He questioned as he noticed her face looked quite paralyzed.

She shook her head in a fast pace manner..."Yeah I'm fine Jack," she smiled again showing off her white teeth as if his name had gotten to her, "Are you headed to Jubilife by anychance?" Her composure restored.

The two let their hands go after a long awkward shake, "Actually I am, why? Are you looking to go there to?"

"Veee?" Kicks began getting anxious of standing in one spot.

"Will be leaving in one second buddy." He spoke to the pokemon without taking his eyes off Constance.

She laughed, "Yes I am, I have some errands to run there. Any chance we could travel together? You know...so it's not so boring."

Jack thought for a second, "Sure, let's get going!" Although he was about to have a major erection, he couldn't help but saying yes to her. He was infatiuated and not only that there was something about her that seemed so familiar but he couldn't put his finger on it.

The three walked for awhile sharing stories about their lives but leaving out things that neither wanted to discuss with someone they had just met.
    Jack had learned that Constance was from the Johto region and had recently come back to Sinnoh to find something she had lost a long time ago, although she wouldn't tell him what it was. Jack had told her about his mom and everything that had happened with Rowan, the strange lady, and Looker. They were clicking and despite Jacks nervousness around women he was acting completly fine.

"Vee!" Kicks chanted as it ran forward.

"Kicks wait up!" The two shouted in unison as they sprinted off after him.

"Were here!" Constance screamed with joy as Kicks jumped onto Jack's shoulder and the three walked through the gate into the city.

"Well I guess will be splitting up now. I've gotta hit the pokecenter and I know you said you had some errands to run." Jack told her although he was sad about the departure. He was really starting to like the girl and for some reason felt like they had a real connection. He wanted to ask her out but had no idea how to...especially on a pokemon journey that could get dangerous.

"Yeah...It seems so.." She sounded a little upset also as she brushed her blonde hair behind her right ear. "Hey maybe we could meet in the town square and get some lunch or something together?" Her facial expression turned to the look of happy expectations.

Jacks face lit up as Constance had done what he couldn't, "OF COURSE WE CAN. I'd love to!" He shouted in the middle of town as people crossed through and looked at him like he was crazy.

Constance's face also grew with a look of excitement, "Great! Let's meet there in about an hour?" the young girl began curling her hair with pure giddiness about her.

"See ya then!" Jack blasted as he and Kicks took off for the Pokemon Center. "Man Kicks I can't believe I've got a date with a girl as nice and good looking as her. This is gonna be a great day!" Jacks face lit up with pure enjoyment as the two friends made good pace to the center.

Meanwhile back with Constance:
    "What do I do now..." Her thoughts racing through her mind. She looked up to the sun, "I didn't know who he was...how in Arceus's name can I use him to my advantage now." Her lips frowned as she peered to the ground, walking aimlessly. "Jack..." she whined before bumping into a muscular man.

"Well It took you long enough you vial, disgusting excuse for a woman." The muscular man grinned down at her with an unsatisfying look.

"I'm sorry Gozu, really I am. It took me to long to find a fool...I mean a person you can take advantage" She retracted her first statement as she remembered Jack's sweet innocent face.

The man named Gozu looked around, "Where is this fool? I don't see one." His eyes turned dark and cold.

"I...uh...I have to go meet him in an hour at town square. I will bring him back after..." She replied wearily.

"You'll do no such thing!" His voice boomed as he pulled his arm back and swung forcefully striking Constance in the face.

"AHHHH!" She cried in agony as she flew through a fence to the side before passing out.

Gozu and two other men walked over to her, "Take her downstairs boys. Tie her up and when she wakes up tell her to answer why this person she apparantly changed her mind on bringing here and using is so damn important to her. When we find out you two will go take care of him. Wecant have interfeirence, we are not going to lose our best Con-artist."

"Yes sir!" They hollered in unison as they carried Constance downstairs through what looked like a normal cafe.

"That girl...she still doesnt get it after all these years does she? She'll learn soon enough though once we kill this person. Whoever it may be."

Back outside the Center:

"Alright Kicks you and Growlithe are healthy and we got some potions and stuff. What do you say we go and see Constance huh?" Jack was super impatient about goin on this date that he'd even almost forgot he was a trainer.

"Veee! Veee!" Kicks chirped as he took off down the road towards town square.

"Hey wait up!" Jack began shouting off the tip of his tounge. "For some reason though I get the feeling I've met Constance before...I just don't know..." Jack's thoughts continued going rampent as he reached town square.

"Vee?" Kicks began looking around searching for Constance.

"She's not here?" Jack grew upset for believing she would actually show until he realized no one was in Town Square at that moment. "Whats going on?" He thought.

"Of course she's not here." A voice from behind called out.

"Vee!" Kicks pounced in front of Jack and got into attack mode.

"who are you guys? Where is she?" He shouted!

The two guys laughed as they peered at the youngster. "Listen kid your girlfriend isn't who you think she is." Jack's eyes became desolate as he listened to their words. "You see shes actually you're old friend named Sonya and for the past 5 years she's been working as a conartist for us."

"No! It can't be!" Jack fell to his ass, his mind shattered...(that's why she looked so familiar...)

"Hehehaha! You see she was actually planning on bringing you to us to use until she found out who you were. And now were just going to kill you. The boss doesn't want anybody interferring with her...especially the only person she still has left to hold onto, even if you've only been a childhood memory for so many years.

Jack was shocked, Sonya did still care for him. But she had changed, only because she had been forced to to survive. "I must save her...I must...I won't let her go again." Jack's mind switched to anger mode as Kicks began to growl fiercly at the two men.

"You think you can beat us? You're oddly mistaken boy. You're Evee is still weak and pathetic like you as a new trainer. We are experienced and have crushed many, many opponents." The pair smiled as they tossed out two pokeballs.

"AMM!" An Ambipom screeched as it popped from the ball.

"HOAAA!" A Honchkrow cawed as it flew to the sky above Ambipom.

"**** there pokemon are evolved...They weren't lying. I can't make Kicks fight them, that would make me a bad trainer. That's what dad always said anyway...never let an inexperienced pokemon battle ones with plenty of experience." He looked down at Kicks who seemed ready to protect it's trainer at any moment.

"Hey buddy...I think maybe we should run, otherwise we might both die today." He glared back over at the two pokemon and their trainers who were grinning with joy.

"VEEE!" Kicks shouted with rage as it took off towards the other pokemon.

"NOOO!" Jack cried out as he began running after him.

"Raichu! Use Thunder!" A voice from behind roared as Jack and Kicks stopped on a dime.

Out of nowhere a Raichu leaped over Jack and his pokemon as it charged up electricity from the sky and let it rip on the pokemon.

NOOO!" the two trainers cried out as Raichu dropped in front of them and pointed as their pokemon fainted instantly.

"You better run" A man with golden spikey hair spoke to the men calmly.

"He's right" The one man said to the other.

"You're quite RIGHT!" They took off down an alley in a jolt.

"Ahh...Who are you?!" Jack's face was in awe as he pointed at the Man and his awesome Raichu.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Tim0789: Excellent post! Jacks poor english skills around girls is quite funny to read XD.. I also like the side story that you have for the character and how you are using it during your free posts, and how you used it to fit in with meeting Volkner. Because the post was so lengthy and detailed.... Kicks grew to level 7!

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Chapter 3: Post 2: Catastrophe

"Just who are you!?!?" Jack rose his fist to his nose as he waited for a reply from the man who had obviously been around battles for along time.

He eyed Jack up from feet to head as if reading what kind ofperson the boy was, "You were about to risk your own life for your pokemon's life…which your pokemon was actually about to do for you." He wiped a grin from his face as his eyes never left Jack, "You and your Evee seem to have a strong bond already even after being together for so long. However now is not the time for stupidity or naivety Jack."

Jack stumbled backwards, "I asked you who you were! And how do you know my name?" The boys concern grew. "He could be one of them and this could be a ploy…I need to keep my focus here." He thought to himself as he looked at Kicks who was playing with the Raichu.

The man approached Jack an inch away and put his hand out to shake, "The Names Volkner and I am the Sunnyshore Gym Leader."

Jack couldn't believe he hadn't recognized the man sooner,this was a man he had idolized ever since his father had run off. "Volkner…thank you for saving us." He kept his composure as he shook the man's hand, although he wanted to shout like a little school girl.

"You're welcome Jack anytime. It seems you've gotten yourself into a little predicament eh?" The gym leader spoke smoothly as the two released hands.

Jack lowered his head as he remembered what he had just learne dabout Sonya. "Yeah…" He said softly before explaining everything to Volkner.

"So that's what this was all about," Volkner said as he rubbed his chin, "But I'm sorry Jack at this moment you cannot go and save your friend." He reiterated, dismissing Jacks argument for vengence.

"What? I have to! She doesn't belong there!" His voicebecame loud and offsetting as Kicks and Raichu watched the two argue.

"For one the trainers and pokemon you are sure to face downthere will be much higher than the levels of your pokemon. It would be a lost cause to you and Sonya."He pulled a flask out and drank from it.

Jack's expression dropped, "I guess you are right, but couldn't you help me?!" He began to beg which irritated Volkner.

"Not right now," He turned his view to the sky, "I was toldyou would be of some use to me. Don't ask me why that's just what I was told by Professor Rowan if this situation ever emerged. So I must ask you to come with me" he says with a stern and serious look on his face.

Jacks mind exploded, "Rowan? How did he know I would even be here at this time? Is the old man psychic or something!?!"

Volkner laughed, "Sadly no, he is not psychic. He's just a man who considers everypossibility before acting. That is why he is such a renowned Professor.

"Well I'm sorry volkner but Rowan couldn't forsee my friend being taken hostage. If you won't help me now I'm going alone." Jack's virtue was shining as he called Kicks over to him.

Volkner seemed surprised by this answer, "Jack you seem to be a noble person but let me say it this way. If you go there now and alone you will die, which is why if you make that decision I will stop you and drag you away with me. But if you chose to come with me I will help you retrieve your friend when all is said and done."

"What do I do…I don't want to leave her there…" His thoughts once again racing around in his mind as Volkner studied his expressions,waiting for an answer. "Fine…I'll gowith you now. But a promise is a promise and you will help me!" He shouted straight at the gym leader.

"Now that's what I like to hear. You made a wise decision Jack. Those kind of decisions are sure to help you a long your journey." He once again rubbed his chin, "listen I need you to be prepared for what you are about to see... It seems that something is happening to the Sinnoh Region and we have no way to combat it...yet" the trainer says as Jack realizes that Professor Rowan may have infact had more reasons for bringing new trainers into the world.

"Oh…" Hethought to himself unsure of what he was about to see, "Fine lets go! The faster we do this the quicker we can save Sonya!" He formed his hand into a fist and raised it to the air.

"Ok but I'm sorry, I'm going to need to blindfold you, please don't be alarmed, I just don't want you to see where we are going" he says as he covers Jacks eyes with a blindfold.

Jack kept his mouth shut and returned Kicks to its pokeball under Volkners orders. The two men walked quite a bit before coming to a halt.

"We're here." Volkner expresses as he removes Jacks blindfold.

What Jack sees shocks him, "What happened here?" He questions Volkner.

"It's like this here for about a half mile radius. Get up quickly, if we stand in one spot for to long they will smell us. Follow me,I will show you the source of this mess" he says as he leads Jack up a few steps through before Jacks chest tightens.

"I…what in the world is this.." He gasps as he breaths heavily.

Volkner pauses before explaining, "The other four trainers are also at a place like this, we were told that you five would be the ones to help us stop whatever is going on" he says as the two look up to see what appears to bea black hole in the sky.

"WHAT IS THAT! HOW COULD NEW TRAINERS HELP YOU STOP THOSE!"Jacks mouth drops in awe as he points franticly at the sphere.

"We are not sure, Rowan was onto a breakthrough beforehe was kidnapped. We think it has some connection to the problem that is going on in Kanto... Ahem I mean with Team Galactic. You've met one of the higher ups,the pink haired lady who broke into the lab, we are not sure what there masterplan is yet but trust me we are working on it" Jack quickly begins to make sense of why Rowan was kidnapped, what the orb she wanted might do, but what did he mention Kanto?

"So…you really think we could help put an end to all of this…whatever this is?" Jacks face grew sickly as he imagined what kind of role the trainers could play. "And why did you mention Kanto? What's happening over there?" He then questioned the elder trainer.

"Nothing... I just wanted to show you the oncoming problems this region will face. But please we must be going now, put the blindfold back on" hes ays as suddenly the bushes begin to shake as three bidoofs jump out of them.

"VEEE!" Kicks springs out of its pokeball as if reacting to some kind of warning.

"Volkner whats wrong with those Bidoofs?" Jack questioned although he was sure it had something to do with what was happening to the area.

"That's one of the problems Jack…think you can handle one?"Volkner asked the boy as two Bidoofs headed for him and one headed for Jack.

"No problem huh Kicks?" Jack laughed under the seriousness of the event.

"Veeeee!" Kicks roared as it geared up for battle.

"Jack you have to kill it! Just don't let them bite you!" He shouted across the field as two Bidoofs leaped at him.

"BIIIII!" the fierce looking Bidoof barked as it sprang into attack Kicks.

"Kicks dodge and use tackle!" Jack shouted as Kicks launched itself at Bidoof tossing it across the battlefield.

"I have to kill a pokemon…I just can't do that…we'll find another way!" He thought to himself as the Bidoof began clawing at Kicks face.

""Kicks retaliate with tail whip and finish it with apowerful tackle!" Jack commanded as Kicks swiftly followed his orders.

"BIII!" Bidoof was once again over powered by Kicks tackleattack which this time tossed the pokemon into some jagger bushes.

Bidoof emerged from the grass with cuts all over its bodyand what looked to be fatigue, "It just won't stop…is this what Volkner was talking about…" Jack responded as he looked at Kicks who was also looking fatigued.

"Shit we have to end it…Kicks hit it with another Tackle and use everything you've got." Jack knew it sounded dumb but maybe if he could get the Bidoof far enough away it would stop its attack.

"VEE VEE VEE!" Kicks ran in at full speed as Bidoof did the same towards Kicks.

"BANG!" The two pokemon collided in a powerful head to head hit which sent both flying in opposite directions.

"I've got you buddy!" Jack hollered in anguish as he jumped up and caught Kicks in mid-air. "You okay?" He asked as he looked at the exhausted pokemon.

"Well I see you didn't kill the pokemon after all. Smart but dumb decision. If it had come back this time you and Kicksmay not have been able to stop it. Butyou have a heart and in my book that's a win." Volkner spoke casually as hesprayed Kicks with a super potion.

"Uh..Thanks I guess…" Jack was still flabbergasted byeverything that had happened from Rowan to Sonya to the crazy zombie like pokemon.

"No problem, now here blindfold yourself and return Kicks tohis ball…we must be leaving." Volkner responded as Jack followed his exact orders.

"Were back Jack." Volkner once again spoke to the trainer inthat seemingly easy going tone.

"Ohhh…" Jack took his blindfold off without having any ideawhat to really say about what he just experienced.

"Things will get worse Jack…" Volkner said as if trying to make Jack feel better about it, "But I did make you a promise so let's go save your friend and at least keep you happy for a little while longer." He began walking in the direction of the two men's hideout.

"Awesome Thank you!" Jack screeched in joy as he caught up to Volkner.

"….It's empty…" Jack cried as the two emerged from checking all over the building.

"It seems they thought it might be best to up and leave aslong as I was with you…" Volkner paused as he looked around the room for clues.

"She can't be gone again…just like that…after all these years…" Jack didn't know which emotion he was feeling at the moment anger, or sadness.

"Here…I think this will help you track them down." Volknerpatted the trainer on the back as he handed him a crinkled piece of paper.

Jack unfolded it quickly as he wiped a few tears from hiseyes and read it, "Eggs". "What am i supposed to take from this?" Jack threw the paper to the ground as he turned and walked out the door.

"Uhhh…kids are always so fast paced and out of control…theynever take the chance to really focus and understand somethings…" Volknerthought to himself as he picked up the paper and followed Jack.

"So what then?" Jack asked the man.

"Take the paper and hold on to it, you will find the girl. An operation like theirs seems to have a system and these little notes were spread around everywhere. I believe it means they are on their way to Solaceon Town to obtain new pokemon from the daycare center, they must have some kind of base there." The gym leader stretched his body out as Jack's jawdropped.

"You figured all this out from one little piece of paper?"He questioned.

"Yes and you would be able to too if you just took the time to soak in the information sometimes." Volkner walked past the boy and calledout his Luxray.

"Oh I see…Are you still coming with me then?" The boy looked desperately at Volkner as he shook his head and hopped onto the Luxray.

"I'm sorry but I can't at this time. There are far more pressing issues at the moment and I'm positive by the time you get to Solaceon you will be able to save her." He took a sip from his flask.

"But…you promised…please?" Jack dropped to his knees and begged.

"Jack," Volkner paused, "I know how important this girl is to you and I know what kind of trainer you are. You will save her just like you will help me save Sinnoh."

"But…" Jack stopped once he saw Volkner's irritated facial expression.

"I mus treturn to the others to figure out more on this situation. I am sorry that you have to get involved in this mess... but for some reason Rowan believes that the fate of Sinnoh will rest in you five trainers, you saw what happened back there. We can not allow that to become Sinnohs fate. So Jack all you can do is keep fighting and training. Never give up in yourself ory our friends. You will find Sonya and you will save her because you have the drive and the heart to do it. If you find yourself doubting that just look at Kicks who seems to have a strong connection with you already. The two of you will do great things Jack, nowI must be going. I will contact you as soon as we figure more out, goodbye." And with that Luxray took off in a flashand the gym leader was gone.

"I…" Jack was stunned.

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Tim0789: Good post, seems like whatever you typed this on had a bit of a mix up with some words being combined and text being different fonts, but nonetheless it was still good. Kicks grew to level 9! Kicks learned sand attack! Can't wait to see how this side story affects Jacks future decisions.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Camaero Colligan
    chapter three - part I

When the evening fell, Camaero finally stepped up on the asphalt of the city where he was born. A dreamy, sentimental look fell on his face as he slowly walked into town, following the signs leading to the pokémon center. Could he even remember where he had lived? Yes... a house with a few apartments, at the western edge of the town. He had to go there. And just... feel his childhood memories come back. Back when he still felt good about himself.

Occupied with thoughts, he didn't pay much attention to his surroundings as he stepped inside the large pokémon center and put his pokéballs up on the counter for the nurse to take and heal. She snapped him out of it, asking for some kind of license to show that he was entitled to free healing here. Camaero showed her his pokédex and apparently that was enough. It was well known that professor Rowan used to send out trainers now and then, and they had a deal that allowed trainers to come and go as they pleased at pokémon centers. The nurse offered Camaero a key to a room for the night, which Camaero politely accepted. It would be nice with a real bed. He had actually thought he would have to sleep outdoors tonight, but he had reached Jubilife before he grew too tired to keep walking.

Instead of going to his room immediately, Camaero waited in the pokémon center atrium until Eevee and Treecko had been energetically charged up with life again. Then he went outside.

Jubilife wasn't quiet even in the night. The pokémon center lay close to the center of the city as he walked through the streets, countless neon signs blinked down upon him from the buildings. He recognized them... he passed by the TV station. When he was a little kid, his school had been on visits there and gotten to talk to some famous reporters and TV stars. It had been blissful, really. Camaero hoped that he'd be on TV some day himself.

Then he passed by the Pokétch company. It was all closed up now, since it was so late; the sky was dark and almost black already, twinkling with stars but no visible moon. Pokétch, ey? Maybe he'd try to get one tomorrow. He had never had one before, but he remembered some kids in school having it, long time ago. Not in Twinleaf, though. He guessed that it was too modern and sophisticated for such a small town. He snorted. He didn't belong there anyways.

Then he was there. The street suddenly felt all too familiar. There was the spot where he had learned to ride a bike. There was the spot where he had dropped a whole basket of eggs that his mother had given him money to by for her. And there... was his old home. Camaero silently stood there in the night and looked up at the small, old apartment building in front of him. It wasn't the most modern of houses, and it only fit 4 apartments. His had been the one to the lower left. He walked a little closer and peeked in through the windows. Not much, just... just to see if there was something there that he still recognized. There wasn't. All mom's paintings, all dad's work tools. Gone. Replaced by fresh, modern furniture in unfamiliar colors. It wasn't his home anymore.

He felt the essence of his memories fly around him in the streets, but his home had been taken by someone else now. He wasn't at home here. And he wasn't at home in Twinleaf, a town that wouldn't accept him until Carla had more or less told them to accept him. Carla... Camaero shook his head and closed his eyes for a moment, standing still. He had to travel. Not just to become famous and glamorous. And not just to find his old friend again... he had to travel for his own sake. To find out where he really belonged. And who he was.

As he stood there, he suddenly heard a voice clearing behind him. The boy spun around and found himself eye to eye with another boy, who looked very different from Camaero. While Camaero had rather dark and brown-ish skin, this boy was very pale. Camaero's hair was black and straight as the feathers of a raven, but this boy had wavy orange-red hair that didn't look dark even in the night. And his bright blue eyes gleamed blamingly at Camaero.

"What are you doing here, staring into my house?" the other boy asked.

Camaero blinked, taken by surprise. "Sorry. I didn't mean to seem weird. I... I used to live here. Several years ago."

The angry face on the other boy disappeared slightly. "You lived here? You... the son of that artist Colligan?"

"Yes!" Camaero said, lightening up. "That's my mother!"

The other boy nodded. "Yeah, we bought the place from them when they were moving out. Well, when you were, I guess." Then, he suddenly got more stern again. "But that doesn't explain what you're doing here!"

"I was just looking. Just wanted to remember my old home." Camaero turned to look through the window again. "But what I found wasn't my roots. It's your home now. I'm done." With that, he smiled weakly at the other boy and started walking away.

"Hey..." the voice came after him again. "You wanna come in or something?"

Camaero turned around. "What?"

"I'm Jasper. Jasper Tollen," the boy said and smiled briskly at him, walking up and stretching out a hand. "Sorry for living in your old home. But we kinda like it here. So thanks for that!"

Camaero took his hand and gave back a more genuine smile. "I am Camaero Colligan," he said. "I'm on my way to becoming a great pokémon trainer of elegance."

Jasper's eyes widened. "You have pokémon? I do too!" It didn't take more than two more seconds before a pokéball suddenly had opened up in Jasper's hand and out came a very cute puppy pokémon that Camaero instantly identified with his pokédex.

"A Lillipup?" He hadn't seen one of those before.

"It's rare here! It comes from the Unova region. They have so coooool pokémon there." Jasper was utterly excited about pokémon, it seemed. "Will you please show me your pokémon?"

Camaero nodded. "Come out, Eevee and Treecko!" he said, opening up the pokéballs. His pokémon came out and Eevee greeted him with a happy smile and waggling tail, while Treecko just nodded acknowledgingly. Eevee and Lillipup immediately greeted each other and found that they were very alike.

"My Lillipup is called Lash!" Jasper said excitedly. "Hey, can't we battle? I've only battled a few times, uh, and I lost, but..."

"It's so late," Camaero said, unintentionally gasping largely right after he had uttered those words. "How about I meet you at the pokémon center tomorrow and we'll have a battle?"

"YES! AWESOME! Lash, we'll win!" Jasper called out, totally wild.

"JASPER!" a new voice boomed all of a sudden. The boys turned their heads to see a rather large and chubby woman stand in the doorway to the house. She would probably have looked really friendly and hearty if it wasn't for the mean face she put on right now. "What are you doing outside at this time of the day?"

"Sorry, mom," Jasper said, and Camaero figured he should have guessed that they were related on their flamingly red hair. Jasper took Camaero's hand again. "See you at the pokémon center at 9 tomorrow morning! 'Night! Come on, Lash," he said and followed the wide woman inside. The Lillipup said goodbye to Eevee and followed his trainer.

As the door shut behind them, Camaero sighed. Life went on.

Together with his pokémon, he walked silently back to the pokémon center through the blinking streets of Jubilife at night.

((OOC: Do I have to find Aaron in this post? Can I make 3 posts instead?))

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Red: Good post! And yes you can go ahead and do 3 posts if you feel the need to expand more in this city. Just make sure to run into Aaron at the end of the 2nd!

Back