• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paul or Ash?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Paul. He actually would be a slight challenge and obeys the laws of Pokemon AIM FOR THE HORN.

I'd much rather travel with/battle/whatever with Paul.

Ash is lame.
    srsly.

EDIT:
    Plus, after watching episode 27, I have a preference for Paul's team. Torterra, Honchkrow, Electabuzz, Ursaing, Magmortar, and Weavile are much more rounded than Ash's measly bunch. I'm sick of his non-evo'd "power houses" and glad that Paul finally put that disgrace in his place.

Last edited:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Ash has better methods with how he raises his Pokemon, but he lets personal emotions get in the way of what needs to be done when it comes to battles.

Paul has great strategies when it comes to how he fights with his Pokemon, but he's a total stone-cold jackass. He pretty much abuses his Pokemon...though he's getting better, admittedly.

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
  • I don't necessarily agree with the way Paul treats his Pokemon, but he is a better battler. Ash looses his cool and gets overconfident, making stupid decisions left and right. Paul is probably a better trainer, when it comes to strength.
    And Ash lost to Paul recently. Horribly so. >.> Therefore, Paul comes out on top.

Years
  • Ash could beat Paul if he wasnt adamant on using select regions Pokemon for battles. Paul is the man though, he goes for the throat, and he' a bigger arsehole then Gary was back in the 1st season.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • If I ever met Paul in ~real life~, my first instinct would be to smack him upside the head repeatedly for how he treats his Pokémon. But, when you really get down to it, he is a far better trainer and battler than Ash could ever be - he actually utilises a strategy, has vastly varied move pools, and a good team of Pokémon (however temporarily they may be around).

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • well better trainer as like which treats their pokemon with kindness? that would be ash

but the better trainer with their pokemon in battles, that has to be paul.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Paul may be a jackass when it comes to treating Pokemon, but he's a far better trainer. With him winning Ash in that full battle with FOUR SURVIVING POKEMON proves that.

Poke'Girl

The up and coming
    Years
  • I prefer the Ash in the first Season, he was much better...

i enjoy how he liked his pokemon for themselves, well atleast pikachu i could understand that, but bulbasaur and the others was to much...

and Paul is good too. After they changed who dids ash's voice and his personality i was... eh

I guess over all...
    its a close tie.
    49.9 Ash
    50.1 Paul

Back