• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pbr Gamestop Tournament!!! 7/21

chibi

Advanced Trainer
Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    If i do decide to go, anyone know what time this will be at? like what time to show up, im not gonna go sit there my entire friday...

Killswitch

Semper Fi
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2008
    well, I think you should guess if you think the palce will be packed. I personally don't think too many people will be at mine. I'll probly show up when the mall opens, and ask when the tourny is gonna happen. Once I know, i'll just chill around the mall or whatever. Sounds like a good idea to use.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Wow...lots of spam......

I talked to the workers at my local Gamestop and here's what they had to say:

1. The "prize" for entering is a bookmark.

2. Nintendo sent them information on what is and isn't allowed. This includes not allowing Legendaries of any shape or form.

3. The date is the 21st, but the times vary from store to store.

...Sorry, I got mixed up with the PC tournament thing (thanks for that, Ichida). It was actually "not allowing hacks of any shape or form." The Gamestop employee running the tournament actually might have the final say on if Legendaries are allowed or not...on the other hand, the only reason I say this is because the person running the tournament nearest to me plays Pokemon and was banning Legendaries anyway, so I might have been right the first time. I don't know.

Sorry about that...

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Bookmarks are fine with me as long as they look cool, but yet i still dont know if the one near me is hosting the tourney. *goes to gamestop.com*

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
  • Yeah, the people at my Gamestop said "no legendaries", but nothing about Ubers (ie; Wobbuffet).

Zazzeh

Akatsuki fan extrordinair!
    Years
  • It would be funny for the initial realization. But an hour, later it wouldn't be. :3

Yeah xD Me & my friend did that with two uh..-Brain fart- >_< Oh yeah...Magnezone. It was funny for a little while but after 30 minutes im like KNOCK ME OUT ALREADY!! xD Oh and..OMGZ yays! I live in San Antonio & there are 7 locations holding a tourny here! ^^ -does a jig-

PattySweets4

Pokemon Connosseur
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2007
    Yeah xD Me & my friend did that with two uh..-Brain fart- >_< Oh yeah...Magnezone. It was funny for a little while but after 30 minutes im like KNOCK ME OUT ALREADY!! xD Oh and..OMGZ yays! I live in San Antonio & there are 7 locations holding a tourny here! ^^ -does a jig-
    Try not being able to kill a shedinja because you have a pokemon that doesnt have any of its weaknessess. Specially when that pokemon is a lv. 75 shiny gyarados. I was so mad. San Antonio huh? Isn't that where the Spurs come from?

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    wow, that DOES sound annoying. having to call off a match because nobody can fight the other? (wait, you could burn your pp and use struggle)

Zazzeh

Akatsuki fan extrordinair!
    Years
  • Try not being able to kill a shedinja because you have a pokemon that doesnt have any of its weaknessess. Specially when that pokemon is a lv. 75 shiny gyarados. I was so mad. San Antonio huh? Isn't that where the Spurs come from?

Yeah thats right. Though im not into sports much..Plus im not ACTUALLY from the area xD I was born and mostly raised in California--Specificly LA. I miss my beaches... TT_TT

Killswitch

Semper Fi
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2008
    Does anyone know for sure what the grand prize for winning will be. I alreayd know the shirt, but what about the "software" is it the PBR game or something else. I have a hunch it's PBR, and if it is I'll be pissed.

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    I recalled the one I'm going to for the time and rules:

1. It will start at 2, you'll have to be there at 2 for sign ups.
    2. 4 Pokemon will be used.
    3. All Pokemon up to 490 (No Shaymin, Darkrai, or Arseus)
    4. They said the levels will automatically be up to level 50.

They said nothing about not allowing ubers or legends.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    That's some pretty weak prizes. First Place, two tshirts. Wow, worth, about 5 USD, lol.

If they had a Wii or something to win I'd be down there, but not for two shirts.

PattySweets4

Pokemon Connosseur
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2007
    Yeah thats right. Though im not into sports much..Plus im not ACTUALLY from the area xD I was born and mostly raised in California--Specificly LA. I miss my beaches... TT_TT
    Not very much into sports myself but I felt that I had heard about that city before...

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • I've decided not to go down seeing as PC has a tourney going, rather be in this one besides one with a bunch of kids running around with pikachus and lv. 36 charizards

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Just curious, but dot hey check over everybodys pokemon to see if they are hacked?

I'd hate to go against some kid with hacks :/

Back