• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PBR Hax Moments

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
Years
  • I looked around and couldn't find another thread pertaining to the subject. Anyway, what is some of the worst hax (aka bad luck) you've run into playing Pokemon Battle Revolution, either in-game or over Wi-Fi?

My worst case was just recently. I made it to Joe (Set 5 @ Stargazer Colosseum) and it was down to our last two Pokemon: My Ampharos and his Entei.

Turn 1: His Entei Lava Plume's which cause appx. 25% and ends up burning my Ampharos; my Ampharos uses T-bolt which causes appx. 50% to Entei; Entei happens to have a Sitrus Berry and restores 25% of its health.

Turn 2: His Entei Lava Plume's again which does appx. 25% again; I T-bolt again which causes 50%... again. Now at this rate I can survive another Lava Plume with Ampharos despite the Burn. I'm confident I'll win this one!

Turn 3: His Entei uses Extrasensory and guess what?! Ampharos Flinches! 10% chance my ***.

Turn 4: Ampharos is struck down by another Extrasensory from Entei.

I couldn't believe it. I seriously went on a mini rampage after that... T_T

So, again, what is some of the worst luck you've encountered in PBR, either in-game or over Wi-Fi?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I was using paraflinch/hax Togekiss on my wifi team. Love her, she's a beast, whatever. The battles are kind of vague, sorry, but every time she was Ice Beam'd once she would become FROZEN. This happened 4 times in a row. I remember in one battle, she remained frozen for 5 turns before dying. I was so nkgfrkrf that night because they were close battles, and if she had worked her magic instead of rolling around like a boiled egg, I would've won all of them. I haven't played since. I cried all over msn to a friend. 8D;

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
  • My Garydos vs a Houndoom I used surf and Houndoom had a focus band which saved it I tried it again focus band saved it again and then again and finally Houndoms third Thunder fang took me out!

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
  • theres this freind pass i have that has a team of lugia, latios, kyogre, mewtwo, garchomp and shiny dialga. and almost everytime he gets to kyogre, he uses sheer cold. and it hits me almost EVERY time. how? it has 30 accuracy!!! and he doesnt have an accuracy boosting item because the kyogre in question holds a shell bell.

mind you, couple of battles later it was my blissey and his dialga left and i beat it :D:D:D:D

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
  • On a Wi-Fi battle... My opponent and I were both at our last pokemon...
    Both around 25% health... I managed to put his pokes to sleep right after he confused mine...

For his last 2 rounds, my pokes beat himself to death in confusion... :P
    How lame :D

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    my swampert was about to mirror coat a cress with +2 spc attack
    it used ice beam
    i freaking freezed!

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    in My battle against Mysterial ( Stargazer Set 4) . it was a Legendary Battle with my Dialga Against his Palkia but i owned his Palkia with Roar Of Time( just in one turn). The Last Part Was My Infernape Owned his Garchomp with Just Close Combat! ( it was Boosted by Swords Dance)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • What's very funny is I use rental Pokemon online (not cool enough for DS yet), and somehow I get infinite hax that save me all the time. I faced one team with a Groudon, Suicune, and Rayquaza with a Miltank, and somehow Miltank's Body Slam paralyzed all of them, and they couldn't move! :) I just Body Slammed them all to death. Only damage I got? Rayquaza's Draco Meteor did around half

Years
  • My Garydos vs a Houndoom I used surf and Houndoom had a focus band which saved it I tried it again focus band saved it again and then again and finally Houndoms third Thunder fang took me out!
    lol@poor spelling
    lol@lack of punctuation
    lol@lies

How the hell can it's focus band save it "again and then again"? One use, and it's out. Even if it restores health somehow, it's gone.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • lol@poor spelling
    lol@lack of punctuation
    lol@lies

How the hell can it's focus band save it "again and then again"? One use, and it's out. Even if it restores health somehow, it's gone.

You are thinking of Focus SASH. This Houndoom had a Focus Band, which gives a chance of the Pokémon being left at 1 HP if it's hit with a attack that will KO it. Having said that, the chances of it working 3 times in a row are very slim indeed.

As for me, there isn't any that I can really remember. Although I think my Salamence's Fire Blast missed three times in a row once, but that's as bad as it gets for me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    maybe people gets Confused with the Focus Items xd

Focus Band: gives a chance to the Holder to stay at 1 HP when it is KOd. yes it needs luck. and it doesnt dissappaer after use like Focus sash

Focus Sash: this doesnt need luck like Focus Band. if ur HP is full and uve been KOd by an attack. u will stay at 1 HP. yes this can help u to be Protected against OHKO moves. this Move Dissappears after Use .

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    My worst 1 yet is getting whooped by a shuckle. Took me ages you get its health down inot red. about 3 flamethrowers 2 rock smashes a hydro pump and hyper beam then it uses sitrus berry then recover while both my pokemon a wrapped, leech seeded and badly poisoned them seleves to death.

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    my friend had a blaziken and i had a swampert left i was down to 50% health and used earthquake......it missed and he used flamethrower.....CRITICAL HIT......I DIED

i dindnt stop crying
    for about a week.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I was using paraflinch/hax Togekiss on my wifi team. Love her, she's a beast, whatever. The battles are kind of vague, sorry, but every time she was Ice Beam'd once she would become FROZEN.
    Serene Grace affects your opponent's moves too :P
    My worst 1 yet is getting whooped by a shuckle. Took me ages you get its health down inot red. about 3 flamethrowers 2 rock smashes a hydro pump and hyper beam then it uses sitrus berry then recover while both my pokemon a wrapped, leech seeded and badly poisoned them seleves to death.
    Why did you use Hyper Beam on a Rock type? And why are you even using Rock Smash? :S
    my friend had a blaziken and i had a swampert left i was down to 50% health and used earthquake......it missed
    Could have been a BrightPowder, too... Or Double Team.

And why do people cry after losing battles? Come on, it's not the end of the world...

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Agreed with Wichu. when i lose. i say to my Opponent" That was a good battle pal, lets meet each other again :P"

Years
  • I can't remember which colosseum it was, you had to use the computers pokemon, it came down to 2 poliwhirls which moves were hypnosis, water pulse, substitute and another move (possibly protect). Anyway we both had substitutes up and because of water absorb couldn't do any damage to one another. I stalled it out and the computer got a critical hit on me with struggle, breaking my substitute in one move and I died due to recoil without breaking his substitute.

Last edited:
    Back