• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Box Sorting

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section. Please feel free to lock or move it.

So, to the topic. The PC has been a major part of every main series game. My question to you is: How do sort the Pokémon in your PC? Do you order them by Dex no.? Order caught? Do you have a Shiny box? Do you have a max IV box? Do you have a box for starters, legendaries and Megas? Do you have a Wonder Trade and GTS box? How particular are you about this order? Do you try to order them perfectly or ignore slight imperfections?

Leave your thoughts below.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I just toss my pokemon into a box. Sometimes if I find myself really bored I'll put my favorites in a box, legendaries in a box, and starters in a box. But for the most part everything is just everywhere.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Majority of my boxes are for Pokemon that I've randomly caught in the wild, while I usually have 1 spare for legendaries and/or shiny Pokemon. I've only extensively used PC boxes for Nuzlocke challenges, for all my dead Pokemon haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I sort by type, except for two special boxes - one are my main Pokemon that I had to box for whatever reason so they're easy to find again, and the other is Pokemon I keep for breeding purposes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Just like above, I sort by types. I also have a separate box where I keep all my competitive Pokémon; y'know, ones that are EV trained, IV bred, etc. d:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I used to sort them by the Pokemon levels but now in X and Y, I sort them by their name letters. ^^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I used to just let my pokémon stay wherever they happened to land, but with X&Y making it so much easier to develop a huge collection, I've taken to sorting them by national dex number...with trained and high-level pokémon in their own separate box. :P

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Lately I sorted the PC Box by the Pokémon's National Dex numbers and lines (like putting Pichu before Pikachu, for instance), and a separate one for the unsorted Pokémon. Sorting through Dex numbers can take a long time {XD}

Years
  • Well, I try to sort by pokemon by type, actually. Then I have a special box for legendaries, shinies, Pokemon I plan on trading, and also eggs! I just like structure D:

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I have my living pokedex in it's pokedex order though it's stored in Pokebank. My first 10 boxes are my shinys and legendary's/events etc. The next few are HA pokemon, then my 5/6IV pokemon then junk pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    For some reason to me, it feels wrong to not order all Pokemon in National Dex or Regional Dex. It's a bit OCD but I have to keep them in order.

Years
  • When playing on a cartridge, I usually organize my boxes based on type. If I'm playing on an emulator, I don't bother with it. Only useful when I'm going to be catching a lot of Pokemon, which generally doesn't happen for me when I play a ROM.

Years
  • In terms of preferred sorting, I've primarily had boxes for Pokemon I plan on trading off, and a box for Pokemon I wish to breed. For some time I also sorted Pokemon by what flavor Pokeblock/Poffin they preferred, even if neither were present in a game. I'd have one for Spicy, Dry, Sweet, Bitter, Sour, and No Preference. I also would include a "Temporary" box for Pokemon I used often. However, recently I've just put them in no order in the first box, then move to the second box when it's filled up, and so on.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I also sort them by type, easier to find them that way:)

Years
  • I'm not that organised lol, when a box gets full then I just move onto the next and that's that lol. The only time I ever vaguely sorted was in X when I had a box with Pokémon that had Pokérus lol :)

Back