• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Clone Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    PC Memebers, Users, and Fans watch out for and report any messages, PM's and so on you get to join these new Pokemon Boards springing up all over the place..

they are rip-offs of PC and are trying to steal you away by offering you modship, admin or whatever.. THEY think they (will) have a better board then PC yet they won't stand on their own.. they have to come here and spam to get members..

I suggest you all ignore those types of messages, and just go on about your posting, etc. here at PC.. the #1 Pokemon web based community!

Comments and experiences about this topic welcome..

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
    Years
    thanks for the warning steve...they told me i coul be a praetor if i joined.now i wont.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    i saw other sites with th e same type of layout, never tried to log in though looked dogdey

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    anyone offering 'Praetor' or any variation of that is infringing on PC's copyright.. steer clear of them..

PC INVENTED the Praetor posistion as a half smod, half admin to allow those users to do more admin jobs.. any other forum using it is stealing from PC.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I'm cheating to be online, so don't expect me to post in this thread again.

I made a forum myaelf, where some friends of mine from pc and other places could relax and have some pointless fun with no rules, but that was a while ago, and the forum is long dead. I'd just like to add that not all of those "clone" forums are trying to steal from PC.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    I have joined some of the other boards, but they will never remove my loyalty to PC

Yea, and I have noticed the simularities between PC and some other forums. People need to get some originality....

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
    If I get any pms with an invite to join I'll report. and anyways I wouldn't join I already have my home.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ummm...I have my own forums which are Pokemon, and so can everyone else. I agree PM invites aren't good, but are you scared of a little competition?!?! Come on now!

Little forums usually die quick anyway, unless they are actually on vB or something, but I don't think this is an uber important issue. =/

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    this isn't about other Pokemon forums.. it's about 'cloning PC' (copying the idea, topics, and so on) and the little messages posted here at PC to help them get new members.. PC isn't afraid of competition at all.. in fact we encourage it (anything that help teh Pokemon community helps PC)

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Pokejungle, using someone elses forum to advertise your own is wrong. Try to get members by your own merits, not using the popularity of another forum :P

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    DF dadragonz said:
    Pokejungle, using someone elses forum to advertise your own is wrong. Try to get members by your own merits, not using the popularity of another forum :P
    exactly my point!

if these clones wanna exist, more power to them.. but get your own members.. stop bugging ours!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Everyone gangs up on me ~_~

I use the PC format for my forums....XP It works......Except I didn't include a nasty TDome. *GLARE*

[I didn't make "my" forums. bug tmbjr about it!]

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I have never used PMs to get members for my board...that's good. [Hint: More rep! J/K]

Anyway.....

On my boards, we actually have a forum advertising board. I really don't mind, it lets people advertise, and keep annoying PMs away.

xCloudx

Lazy Guy
    Years
    I hate clone boards,never think of their own things. I'll never join a board a board that's exactly the same as another one.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    We made it up. We can't copyright a word but if we made it it's copyright. If i draw a stick person and name him kdaj;dskf;k then he's mine and you cant take him and make another one named kdaj;dskf;k. See? Other wise it's cloinin'

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    I just posted somthing on one of the 'clone boards' (Pokeboards, lol, how origional)

I dont think they will like it ;)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    lol, its 'Casey'

But, really i think my post was pointless, but whatever, atleast they know now that there being watched..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back