• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I never even mentioned teenagers.

Let me put it this way: The Beatles were revolutionary, they released an amazing amount of albums, inspired countless people to become musicians themselves, and they changed the game of music. Hendrix? Him too. Les Paul, Robert Johnson, Led Zepplin, Queen, The Who, Nirvana, Alice Cooper, all of these guys were and are really, really, well known. They had amazing talent, and brought originallity to not only their work, but all of music as well.
A lot of them even challenged what was considered appropriate for a musician to do, The Beatles were considered hippies. Alice Cooper was about the hardest and heaviest thing you could find, but his lyrics still have such spectacular meaning to them.
Without these guys, most of today's music wouldn't even exist. Because it was them that inspired generations of musicians to pick up an instrument.

Where is that today? Where are the pioneers that become game changers? The people with real talent? Because I see a few good musicians, here and there, but no legends.

I'm not gonna agree or disagree but the way I see it is that we really won't know who the legends, game changers, "real" musicians of our times are until later in the future, probably when they're dead and future generations grab inspiration from. There's "revolution" in music in every generation, I think that's a fact. And when the rappers or other musicians from our generation pass, some will be considered legends and musical revolutionaries and will inspire the future generation to go into the music industry. This is just the way I see it though, even if it isn't accurate we'll just have to see what happens in the future.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Eh, perhaps I worded that wrong.

In the same vane of art:
If you saw a painting that Picasso had done and decided to become a painter, then yeah, you could end up being a really good one. Of course, you would also have a bit of influence of Picasso in your work. Now, if twenty years after you've passed away somebody sees one of your paintings amd decides that they too will be a painter; they will have been inspired by somebody who was inspired somebody. This isn't really bad, if that's your sort of thing. But true art must come from within, it must be a desire to voice all those feels that there isn't a word for, not from wanting to be like somebody who was a great artist.
Now, Kurt Cobain (Nirvana), didn't become a musician because he saw The Beatles and decided "**** yeah, that looks awesome!" He became one to express himself, and, in fact he didn't think that people ever understood him, and maybe we didn't.
Being a true musician isn't about seeing somebody and wanting to be like them; being any kind of artist isn't.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're somebody who wants to be like somebody who wanted to be like somebody else, you're losing yourself. And in turn, since true music is an expression of self, you're not making real music.

I don't know, that's just how I feel anyway.

Edit:
I killed the thread. :c
I'm a terrible person. They're going to make a movie about me someday and name it The Thread Murderer. :<

S.O.DCC!

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I realllllyyyyyy hope I do have internet connection.

Omg have fun Dipu! bring us all back gifts ok?

I really hope you can get an internet connection though, as it would suck not having internet for that long. Also we would miss you too much!

Years
I'm off to Canada in a few hours ;;

I realllllyyyyyy hope I do have internet connection.

I do hope you enjoy Canada, Dipu!

Maybe you should hit up with some of PC's Canadian members if you're lucky, but still find time to check on this here DCC.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Hopefully. D;

I'm just a little annoyed that I don't have a working camera to use. I mean, I have one, but the thing is glitching like hell.

Sirfetch’d

I'm just a little annoyed that I don't have a working camera to use. I mean, I have one, but the thing is glitching like hell.

Our cameras never seem to work when we go on vacation either D: It really sucks because you will see something awesome and won't be able to capture a pic of it :[. I can't remember how many times I have had to resort to using my phone for pictures which just isn't the same.

Sirfetch’d

I've been to Canada before, so at least nothing will be "new".

'less we go to Montreal. Never been there before.

I have always wanted to go to Montreal! Then again.. I have always just wanted to go to Canada, haha. I do hope you get to go to Montreal though!

Years
The closest I could see myself going to Canada would probably either be to Toronto or Sault Ste. Marie.. Sault Ste. Marie because of the fact I live closeby to Interstate 75, which heads up that way, or Toronto to explore the big city in general.

I would probably have higher chances of going to Canada than to California, anyways :p

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
aaaaaaaaaa so insanely jealous that you might go to Montreal. I went once three years ago and it was such a fun experience.

I'm tired of living in Western Canada thank god I'm moving out East for university.

Brizz

TM87
Years
aaaaaaaaaa so insanely jealous that you might go to Montreal. I went once three years ago and it was such a fun experience.

This. I vacationed in Montreal last summer and it was probably the most fun I have ever had while on vacation. I got to walk around while the jazz festival was going around, which was pretty interesting! Not to mention there was no lack of great food xD. I'm also extremely envious after hearing many people there speaking fluent French and English.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
This. I vacationed in Montreal last summer and it was probably the most fun I have ever had while on vacation. I got to walk around while the jazz festival was going around, which was pretty interesting! Not to mention there was no lack of great food xD. I'm also extremely envious after hearing many people there speaking fluent French and English.

Sadly you'll only get people who are bilingual in certain parts of Canada. For the most part French speaking Canadians are a minority, but when you're in Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa they are everywhere.

WAIT AM I GONNA MEET SOME CUTE AF FRENCH/ PSUEDO FRENCH GIRL AT MONTREAL?

=D =D =D

Maybe! I'd drop Pseudo French though, because I am French-Canadian and when people try to tell me I don't speak "real French" or anything of the sort I'm ready to punch them out ;P

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Dipu, beautiful ladies/chicks/girls/whatever are everywhere! You just need to know where to look. I once found one under a rock. Haha, oh hiking. . .

Anyway, I'm so jelly you're going to Canada. . . D:

Years
I visit relatives in Canada every Winter Break. I like the snow and meeting people.

Such a nice place. So relaxed.

Also just got back from my Seattle trip. That place is so clean and full of trees. o-o

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Ugh vacations. Haven't had one in 5 years thanks to work. Worst part is that I'm working in a summer resort feeding vacationers. At least I get to live in a ****hole 5 minutes away, go swim for a couple of hours, and court half the female workforce that is quite....generous, to put it mildly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back