• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah gas prices are ridiculous. My mom fills up my car once every two weeks and it normally lasts me, but if it doesn't and I want to go somewhere I have to buy the extra gas.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • .....I don't even have my permit, let alone my license. Soooooooo.

My father doesn't seem to really even use our car that often. Idk how gas works for him.

Years
  • You live in a big city, Dipu.. I live in a rural podunk area ):

Maybe not so rural, considering it's just outside of Tampa, but still.. it's rural in comparison to the urban areas just to the west

Years
  • I used to be scared of driving when I took driver's ed.. now when I got my license back in June I was all eager to drive around the area.. xD

Seriously, it took me just over a month to start driving on interstates, if that can exclaim at how eager I was to be driving.. and knowing how I live in Florida, it rains. I was driving one morning along Interstate 4 and got caught up in heavy rain, which was a first for me, let alone on an Interstate highway. I wasn't able to quite make out the painted lines for the lanes, but I did my best and drove slowly with my windshield wipers on high with my headlights on.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't have my license either. I got my equivalent of a permit when I turned 16 but my driving instructor was creepy as hell and I put off the lessons indefinitely. Eventually the license just expired and it's such a hassle to get it (so out of the way, awkward hours, and so on) that I haven't gone back. :(

I want to get it again, and intend to soon, but I don't really have any intention of driving. Public transit is just fine in my city (and included with my tuition), my roommate already has a car (so our parking spot is taken), and I don't really fancy spending money on gas. I mostly just want a license for photo ID with my address on it. :P I feel lame showing my passport every time I buy alcohol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Our car saves a lot of gas, so we don't have worry about refilling it too frequently. Gas prices are still pretty expensive, though. Especially for those who have low income. D:

To me, learning to drive wasn't very hard, because I used to play a lot of racing games through the first-person viewing angle when I was younger. Thank god, haha. I was a bit nervous when I drove a car for the first time, though, but I began to gain confidence three to four minutes after driving it.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • You live in a big city, Dipu.. I live in a rural podunk area ):

Maybe not so rural, considering it's just outside of Tampa, but still.. it's rural in comparison to the urban areas just to the west

Yeah, that's the logic my parents go through whenever I bring up driving. That, and the terrible drivers NYC is infamous for having. -_-

Sirfetch’d

Yeah, that's the logic my parents go through whenever I bring up driving. That, and the terrible drivers NYC is infamous for having. -_-

I would fit right in with NYC then, haha. I am such a bad driver at times because I don't pay attention to road signs. I break at least 5 rules each and every time that I get behind the wheel.

Years
  • Yo I live in a big city too eh? :P I've missed an advance green before. But driving is epik when it comes down to it. It feels like freedom. Also, inb4 Asian driver jokes.

Sirfetch’d

Yo I live in a big city too eh? :P I've missed an advance green before. But driving is epik when it comes down to it. It feels like freedom. Also, inb4 Asian driver jokes.

No not at all haha. I live in a pretty small town, but I still drive just as bad as people in big cities D:

Sirfetch’d

As long as you're not causing accidents it's okay.

Well I still want to work on my driving because I am a danger to others and myself. I have now started to not speed as much, so I guess that is a start. I am proud to say that I have never been involved in an accident though and I hope I never will be.

Years
  • You'll definitely encounter an accident at some point in your life. I caused one minor accident just days after I got my permit, which discouraged me at that time but in the long run was a huge learning curve. Despite the "Asians can't drive" stereotype I think my dad's the best driver I sat next to, and even he caused a stupid accident some 25 years ago.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    By not paying enough attention, I've ran through a red light once. I probably would have caused an accident, but thankfully, not many cars were near me. I thought I would've been able to get away with this since there were no cops, but they still managed to see me through the street camera and mailed me a fine few weeks later. ): After this incident, I've never, ever failed to pay attention to the road.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've never driven through a red light yet, but I have gone through several yellow lights, and my county has red light cameras! My main worry with driving though is people always going around me and taking chances, which I rarely do. And my etiquette with lanes on a road is to be in the lane you know you have to be in, and I only change lanes whenever I have to go around someone doing below the speed limit if I can, or if I know I can be in the center lane with plenty of time to get back over assuming there's not a lot of traffic.

Years
  • I almost ran a red tonight. I saw it change from about 200m back and I was just like "I'll slow down later" got lost in my song and when I was less than 20m away and they were still red I almost pooped in my pants. But they turned green just in time for me to not slam on the brakes.

Years
  • I hate approaching a red light at small intersections.. because I wind up slowing down without coming to a complete stop most of the time, and by the time I get up to the intersection's approach, the light's green again.

How about railroad/railway crossings.. has anyone ever gotten stuck behind one of those? I have, twice. I was approaching a crossing and the red lights started flashing, but I was going slow enough to put my foot on the break and stop short of the track and just waited patiently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back