• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akita

Returned
Years
  • Age 27
  • ohio
  • Seen Dec 9, 2019
If you do end up watching Star Trek, be prepared for the cheesiness of the originals. They had some really, really excellent writers for some of the episodes. There are some gems. I'd say go for it, if you have the time.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Summer Paradise Chit-Chat! (Rule removed, read first post!)

speaking of old TV series, it's pretty sad that people wouldn't wanna watch old movies/TV series just because of the year it's been made.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
There's something to that though. A lot has changed over time with the style of film and the humour. I don't like older things for that reason. I don't find M*A*S*H funny.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Style of movie, what do you mean?

Because people would browse through movies and look at the year it's made and they would go like 'Wow, this movie is really old. It must suck.' I heard a lot of this during my time when I worked at a video store.

Years
Style of movie, what do you mean?

Because people would browse through movies and look at the year it's made and they would go like 'Wow, this movie is really old. It must suck.' I heard a lot of this during my time when I worked at a video store.

Generally you will find that what is appropriate has become at lot more relaxed in terms of society as a whole. What was once thought of provocative is now normal, wearing shorter skirts for example.

The same thing applies to film content and humour. Younger generations find interest in only that relevant to themselves with some exceptions. I know I do just that. Video stores are now virtually rendered obsolete with the internet and Netflix and whatever else and I find it a shame that because the internet and these now forms of technology are more difficult to grasp and get your head around the older you get older classics get left behind and somewhat forgotten about. :(

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It's funny, but my favorite movie came out in 1942! Casablanca is a great film and I find it very interesting because they didn't know the Nazis were totally evil just yet so they're the bad guys, but not the evil evil bad guys. It's such a good love story too. <3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I never saw Casablanca.

Although, some of my favorite horror movies are from the 80's and 90's. I also love the Universal Monsters collection from the 30's with Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney Jr. & Boris Karloff.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
April Fool's Day from the 80s is one of my favorite horror films, so I do get you there! I also enjoy 80s slasher horror!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
80's slashers are the best ones imo :)

Sadly, I've never gotten around to watch the Leprechaun series :(
I heard it's just a silly horror/comedy flick, but for the sake of classic horrors, I wanna watch it :)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I really enjoyed the first two Halloween films n_n They are classic and oh so good! Also Nightmare on Elm's Street and Friday the 13th.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
A lot of old movies and TV look cheesy today, but they still have a unique charm from newer ones. Sadly, there's also people who wish new films and TVs would go back to the same style of those old movies to bring back their "quality," seeing as how "The Artist," which is a throwback to the old movies, won the oscars.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Did you guys know that Toy Story is 18 years old? It still looks amazing... and Jurassic Park is 20 years old! Neither of them are cheesy at all n_n It's just amazing to think about, tbqh.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Did you guys know that Toy Story is 18 years old? It still looks amazing... and Jurassic Park is 20 years old! Neither of them are cheesy at all n_n It's just amazing to think about, tbqh.

I was talking about the old black and white movies and TV, not films and TV from the 90's and onwards.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I know what you were talking about, I was just commenting on something related. And yes, it did, LilJz... one of the reasons why it still looks so good.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
And I can't wait for the upcoming fourth JP film that could possibly redeem the franchise's name after the disastrous third installment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back