• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Goals v. 3.0?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
What are your PC goals?
Stay infraction-free and try to be as helpful as I can while remaining active for a good long time to come.

And win the Prettiest Profile Contest sometime (even though I missed the deadline for the current one lol)

How have your PC goals changed over the years? Have you succeeded in reaching any of them?
Initially, I had a goal of posting my entire fan-fiction on here. I gave up on that but in the process posted a number of shorter spinoff fan-fictionss that are exclusive to PC.

Other than that, just the usual "Get 1000, 2000,...., 6000 posts, stick around for 1,2, then 3 years", which I've done. I've also completed my goal of becoming a Supporter.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'd say my goal right now is to gain more courage in posting threads. Often I think up an idea, think "No, that's stupid", and give up on it without even trying it. Other times, I make it all the way to the New Thread screen, have it partially typed up, then close the tab because I decide not to. XD; I've done it in Poetry, Photography, and so many times in B/W that I lost count.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'mma switch the order of the questions to be different. And I kinda actually have a reason, so yeah. :>

How have your PC goals changed over the years? Have you succeeded in reaching any of them? Well, I've had a lot of goals over the time I've been at PC. When I first came here, my only goal was to develop an amazing ROM hack so I could show all of my friends at school (read: four) what I could do. I wanted to make a game with all of my thoughts, creativity, stories, everything. And I did, for a while. I stalked the forums, posting every now and then with a question or two. And then I figured out that I couldn't do graphics or something silly like that, and I looked to talk to someone on the forum to ask for help.

Well, that was the first time I ever actually talked to anyone online. The guy I talked to was named Devon and he was a pretty cool guy. He had his connections and he introduced me to some of the bigger-named hackers at the time through MSN, guys like Disturbed and Megiddo and Thrace and colcolstyles. And then I started talking to more people, and I got more heavily into the forums and starting to branch out a bit, meeting people like Manipulation and Chibi Robo. My goal grew from making a hack, making something for me, to meeting more people on the forums, to becoming a moderator of my favorite part of PC. PC became a life away from life for me. I just kept growing and meeting more people and at one point I became a moderator and grew to know a good chunk of the staff. I dropped out of PC for a while after that... and then I found my interest again. My goal was to just get active again at that point, I guess. I've reached a lot of my goals, yes, but some of them I've never reached (have I ever really made that hack..?). My goals for PC are everchanging - I have a goal for a moment and whether I succeed or fail I persevere and go for another one. I keep moving forward.

What are your PC goals? So what is my overall PC goal? I can't have a reason to be posting this if I didn't have a goal. XD

My goal for PC is to return everything I've learned and grown from back to PC, whether in the form of activity or meeting new members or what-have-you. I met new friends, I gained courage in myself, I finally began to see me for myself and show my true personality because of all of the people I've met here. I've grown, I've evolved and I've watched myself do it. I feel like, more than anything, PC simply deserves my attention and I'll give it all I've got.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
When I first joined PC my goal was the learn as much about rom hacking as I possibly could, and then after that it was the make a great Pokemon fan website. I didn't exactly fulfill those completely, but I did take part in the hack of the year from 2004 (Pokemon Forest Nature), and I did manage to create a Pokemon fan website, while unfinished, did generate about a thousand hits a month (Pokemon Gaming Matrix).

As of now, my PC goal include just donating as much to the community as possible, whether that is monetarily or content wise.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
What are your PC goals?

Help the community out more, become less of a n00b and just be a good part of the community.

How have your PC goals changed over the years? Have you succeeded in reaching any of them?

Yea, my old goals I succeeded, but now I kind of regret it.Now my goals are:
-Make more meaningful posts.
-Be more mature while posting.
-Not make other users angry.
-Stop acting depressed.
-Stop complaining.

and there's quite a bit more I hope to achieve.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
Years
What are your PC goals?
My goal is to be an indubitable member of the Pokémon Community.^^ Also, to meet new people and make friends. Be as active as I can be and help when and where I can.

I'm still a noob, only been here for a week. So, N/A

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
What are your PC goals?
I don't really have any goals... to quit PC one day?.... I guess?.... XD

In the past yea I had a few goals, some were out of my reach going by the normal path.

~ To become a PC Moderator
After I got into the forum, got around, and got well known what I wanted was to be one of them Mods. People respected me, and I stood out among the members, but I wanted to be a Mod. I didn't care what forum they gave me, I didn't care if it was some small unknown spot, I didn't care if I had to share it with other Mods... I just wanted to be a Mod. And in June of 2003 there was a mass Modding going on, they were filling in the forums that were left by people who left PC and went to PE2K. And after seeing some other people get Modded (Erica/Lightning being one of them people) I was kind of sad. I mean I was happy for them people but I wanted to be one of them people. And then a day after the first Moddings started I got a PM... it said "The staff finally had a vote and the only thing left to do (I think) before you are a moderator is for you to accept the position.", think I said no? XD

As for wanting to be an S-Mod... I never had a chance to think about being an S-Mod, still in shock of being a Mod Erica and I were asked to be S-Mods. 2 or 3 weeks after being handed the keys to our little forums we were handed the keys to all the forums on PC.

~ To become an Admin
After being an S-Mod for a few years I set my goals higher... I wanted to be an Admin. But back then the one and only way to be an Administrator was to have a big Pokemon site, and join PC as a Community Site. Well that wasn't happening, but something else happened. Another S-Mod (someone who was Modded the same time as Erica and myself) got a promotion to the rank of Administrator, I was shocked, blown away, and a big "WTF?". They said that this would be the only time it'd happen. So after me (and maybe some others) complaining this person was given her own rank, she called it "Praetor". This rank was a rank with a green name and was an "assistant" to the Administrators (maybe this rank is still around XD). After a short amount of time I also made the cut for this new rank (surprisingly I was promoted like a week or two after my account got hacked, yea someone wasn't thinking when they signed off on my promotion XD). I was happy... I'm now in a rank where for years that was not obtainable, S-Mods was as high as people went when it came to promotions.

~ To be on the same level as the "Administrators"

Any way you sliced it... this Praetor group was not on the same level as the normal Admins. Yea we had Admin powers, yea we had bold/italic names, but their votes still counted for more votes or ours only counted for like half. People would say "You're not real Admins" (the only two Praetors at the time were Jake/Hiroshi Sotomura and myself). So after I got into a fight with some of the members Steve renamed my group (Jake and I had different usergroups, he wanted some puke green color for his name and I wanted red, so we had two groups), the new name was "Staff Administrator". I think he renamed it just to shut the members up, but I took the name and ran with it. I said "See, I have "Admin" in my name I'm the same level as you guys, my vote should count just as much". It still took a long long time for us to be seen as "equals" when it came to Admins. I think by the time they saw us as such there were 3 other Staff Admins besides myself, but in the end it all worked out. (And yes... these days the AA group has the same voting numbers as any of the SAs. In fact all the Staff ranks are equal when it comes to votes, 1 vote per person, no more halves, or +2)

I'm sure I've had other goals on PC, maybe wanting to get 10,000 posts, and then 20,000 posts. Maybe wanting to do this or that. But I think them 3 goals is what I want remembered as goals of mine. More so the two Admin goals, because if I left PC today... 5 years from now think anyone is going to say "Arcanine was the first Staff Admin"? Think anyone is going to care about my 20K postcount? Think anyone is going to remember me? And if you say "Yea, people will remember you." then who was that "first Praetor" that I talked about? Chances are... you can't answer that (yea there's a few still around that was around back then... Erica, MCD, Tommy, and a few others who posted in this thread might be able to answer it). She left PC 5 or 6 years ago. You could ask the S-Mods and I'd be willing to bet at least half couldn't answer it. Still think I'll be remembered? XD
I think most people want to leave something of themselves if it's a place they care about. A piece that maybe someday down the line someone might find and say "Who was this?". I might not be remembered but if I left and came back after 5 years I'd be willing to bet that I could say "Hey... that's still there. That's the way it is today because of a goal I had way back when".

Years
^Nice Post

What are your PC goals?

-To get over 3000 posts in my time at PC
-To make great friends and enjoy my time here, which I can't technically achieve in full, as I'll constantly be doing that, or at least, I hope I will.
-To get my name changed
-I would say become staff, but it's not that I don't, I'd just be selective with it. I wouldn't want to be a moderator just for the sake of becoming a moderator, I'd only accept a promotion that would put me in a forum that I believe I could make an impact in.

Nope, and the only two I've succeeded in are becoming a Supporter and getting a blog.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I've had a few goals.. my first one was get modded, which happened. My next goal was then get permabanned, check. After that was get unpermabanned, done that too. Then I wanted to be a supporter but it didn't look like that was gonna work since my PayPal was all screwing up but hey look at me now.

My next goal for PC is....I dont really have one haha. I think I've accomplished enough anyway :|

EDIT: oh and sydian may or may not have played a part in my obtaining of supporter status

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Became a mod, got the hottest pairs on the block, got over 10k posts, got supporter status, donated part of that supporter voucher to a friend that may or may not be Penatrait...ummm what else is there? I'm pretty content and I guess I can say I've already met my PC goals.

Edit: OH YEAH. I wanna mod the future RS remakes forum, along with Kaori. We're planning this out, tyvm. And idc if it puts me at a total of 6 forums.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Ehh, my biggest goal in the past is to get 500 posts, which I easily got.

Anyway, my goal is to get about 1k posts and improve the TGC forum.

Back