• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC pet peeves

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Nowadays, not much honestly. I used to have a problem with "cliques" and the like, but after a while, I guess they either disintegrated, or I just got used to them to the point where I don't even realize they exist. A small, tinyyyyy peeve, and this is more a universal thing in cyberspace, but I don't like it when people don't at least attempt to type properly. typing lyk this iz ughhh.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    when people suck up really hard to the mods and admins but that's more of a forum pet peeve in general than just this place. (but it's pretty bad here.)
    I have to agree with this. I really don't want people to kiss my ass because I have a bolded blue name. Kiss my ass because I've actually done things to deserve it.

But one PC-related pet peeve of mine is when people post trade requests in my section. The X/Y rules state that the X/Y section is not for trading. But what really gets me is that the Trade Corner is right below X/Y in the index. PEOPLE, HOW DO YOU MISS THE TRADE CORNER?! IT'S RIGHT THERE. RIGHT. UNDER. X&Y.

Years
    I try to use as little incorrect grammar as I can, so I'm bothered by people who don't capitalize the first word of a sentence and/or don't put a period at the end of a sentence, and by people who use text talk.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I don't even now who's mod and who isn't lol. From my computer everyone is blue 8D

The community is great, of course it has some flaws... Yet nothing worth the mention, at least until now :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    1) People who don't use grammar, spell, etc.

2) People who post the same thing as you DIRECTLY UNDER YOUR POST! Why would you do that?

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Currently, I have none :3

In years past, I was rather put off by the way the art section leaned almost entirely towards tags/icons for a good while, and that there was little appreciation for non-fanart, but that was mostly just me I guess. This is an internet forum about a fandom after all.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    oh also why do people mind that I don't capitalize the first letter of my sentences? what difference does this make to you? (0: I use proper grammar everywhere else in my sentences, and I don't capitalize the first letter anywhere, like, ever, unless it's I or a proper noun or something.

Years
    Here's an unpopular PC forum pet peeve opinion of mine and one that I think gets on my nerves.

When a higher staff member is listed as an official mod of a section (currently we have Live for D&D, Lilith for TC and now Syd for 3rd/5th Gen). It feels very inconsistent and sorta ruins the point of their title since they already technically mod every single part of the forums. I like seeing fresh faces on the staff team, and it's always nice to give a chance to someone who's never been staff before.

And on another side note, when people post duplicates of threads that already exist or post something that doesn't warrant a thread. I report so many of those to the mods that it's not even funny.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    - When people rate your sig low because they don't know what your pics and stuff are from...that's a dumb reason lol
    - When people have avatars that they got off Google and didn't resize so they stretch out and look bad like I want to help you people that do this lol
    - When people use this font for all their posts
    - When Klippy isn't online for me to pester :((((((((((((

When a higher staff member is listed as an official mod of a section (currently we have Live for D&D, Lilith for TC and now Syd for 3rd/5th Gen). It feels very inconsistent and sorta ruins the point of their title since they already technically mod every single part of the forums. I like seeing fresh faces on the staff team, and it's always nice to give a chance to someone who's never been staff before.

Sometimes there's just no fresh face to give that position to and it's better to appoint someone to the forum so that members have someone they can direct questions to.

That being said, my actual serious pet peeve is when people without a leadership position thinks they know how things go behind the scenes. And while I think this is a problem with everything in life from section leaders in a band to political positions, it sure does show here too. While I appreciate suggestions and feedback from members, you guys do need to understand we do things for a reason.

I was going to post this whether you said that or not Hikari, so I hope you don't feel called out. It's nothing against you. I know it's your pet peeve and that's fine, but it is something I thought I should explain further.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I really dislike when members neglect to read the rules. I constantly have to close or merge similar topics when members (mainly very, very new ones) post without reading the rules of a section first.

I also don't like when people think being on staff will make them enjoy PC more. If you dislike PC already, you will not enjoy it any better being on staff or being a try-hard. You gotta like the place to do the "job" too. If you don't, it really reflects on your quality of effort, work on staff, and in general.

Years

We mod our old sections because currently, there are no candidates to replace us, and it's mostly out of necessity. It's different because D&D was my old forum, and frankly, no one knows it like I do, same goes for Syd and her 17332039 forums. So it makes sense that, in a moderator-less period, the older senior mods would take over until a new one could be found. If a new candidate comes along in D&D, Fifth, Gen, etc., and knows their stuff, then they'll get modded in there and the assigned H-staff won't mod there anymore.

As for a pet peeve, when people post in a spam/off-topic/troll thread instead of reporting it. Like, it should be fairly obvious that you know it's against the rules, just hit that report button for me and I'll get the rest, haha.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
    I hate brown-nosers, people who post offtopic and the classic rule breakers (how ironic that someone with 3 infractions hates rule breakers (I consider those infractions an old shame)).

Years
    I also don't like when people think being on staff will make them enjoy PC more. If you dislike PC already, you will not enjoy it any better being on staff or being a try-hard. You gotta like the place to do the "job" too. If you don't, it really reflects on your quality of effort, work on staff, and in general.

This is something I agree with. I already enjoy PC as it is, and I know for sure I definitely am not a "try-hard wannabe staffer" because when it comes to activity I like to go with the flow. If I was in the shoes of a mod I'd enjoy the job and have fun with the section, and that's how most mods we've had in the past and present were successful with their job.

We mod our old sections because currently, there are no candidates to replace us, and it's mostly out of necessity. It's different because D&D was my old forum, and frankly, no one knows it like I do, same goes for Syd and her 17332039 forums. So it makes sense that, in a moderator-less period, the older senior mods would take over until a new one could be found. If a new candidate comes along in D&D, Fifth, Gen, etc., and knows their stuff, then they'll get modded in there and the assigned H-staff won't mod there anymore.

As for a pet peeve, when people post in a spam/off-topic/troll thread instead of reporting it. Like, it should be fairly obvious that you know it's against the rules, just hit that report button for me and I'll get the rest, haha.

I always had a feeling it was something like "being a caretaker mod until someone new is found" but still, it's a nice transition period that's in-between the era of the last mod and the one who eventually takes over.

And yes, spam/off-topic/troll threads always annoy me. Especially when those who posted in it don't even remember the existence of the report button. Same with Klippy when some don't read the rules or at least have some means of being aware.

I also agree with Syd's point about rating avatars/sigs with low scores just because one couldn't recognize the pics. I know it happened to me a lot in the past because my themes sometimes were very interesting and unusual at times.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    The fact that I lurk around the most during the quiet hours of PC. Let's just say I ran out of topics to explore whenever that happens.

Also, people who don't use proper grammar over here.

EDIT: Oh right, people who posts ROM hacking related questions in every other place except for the ROM Hacking section itself.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    + when people ramble on and on and repeat their same arguments over and over to the point where i can literally see their name as last poster and know exactly what their post is gonna look like
    + when people refuse to engage and instead just repeat themselves louder, because that apparently is a good method of converting people to your ideals
    + when **** that should be taken care of quickly spends a lot of time being tiptoed around and mulled over
    + excessive blog bandwagoning
    + people who make an effort to type in unreadable language ie "p30pl3 hoo typ3 lyk dis" bc they're not even making mistakes or being lazy or silly or ironic or whatev they're making a conscious effort to be way out there and it's hard to read and is pretty attention-seeking
    + people who talk to you or friend you for your status and those that drop ya once you aint got it. rood.
    + the fact that Fun Time in PokéLand is no longer/still not a section title
    + the fact that pokéani is still hella ignored

Back