• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC to start up a "kaillera" server?

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    Ok I just happened to stumble across a emulator called Project64K (Nintendo64 Emulator), it had the ability for net play but i have never used it until today and is still inexperienced at joining a game.

Quote from the main page of the client website
    www.kaillera.com said:
    Kaillera enables emulators to play on the Internet.

With Kaillera you can enjoy playing video games with others from all over the world.
    it consists of a client and a server. The client is usually embedded into your favorite emulator and the server is a stand-alone application that needs to be run on a machine directly wired to the Internet.

In short: With this, the whole entire community should be able to connect to the Client by using for example Project64k to play against someone in a game like Super Smash Bros, Mario Party 3 and even Pokemon Stadium!

I will continue to look into this, see how to set this up, if there are any costs to it and if it is safe enough to do so (I mean come on we already have a Shoddy Battle server :classic: )

Hiei

Trial and Error-er-er
    Years
    Ooh, that'd be fun :o. I'm not quite sure how it works, however, so I can't help you. Good luck, and tell me if you find anything!

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    I do know that you can't use save files on Project64k. So if you're playing Pokemon Stadium, then using Pokemon from a Game Boy ROM is out of the question. That means rental Pokemon only :(

Back