• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • And I lost again, XD.

And for the record, I jinxed it again as well. Moments before the battle, I was telling someone "If he has a [insert type of team he actually had], I will go insane and attack some random people."

Next tourney, I will say "My opponent had better not be a n00b!!!!111oneone."

XD good game though. Good luck in the future. ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    i'm tempted to ask what kind of team it was... but thatd be wrong haha. sorry to hear it, Ala... i was kinda hopin to fight you in the tourny but i don't think i'll get far because of my anti blissey attitude..

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
  • i'm tempted to ask what kind of team it was... but thatd be wrong haha. sorry to hear it, Ala... i was kinda hopin to fight you in the tourny but i don't think i'll get far because of my anti blissey attitude..

I'm not using blissey usually and I do fine. o_O

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I was actually considering using [insert type of team Mo Man used], but I decided against it. Biggest mistake I've ever made, thought admittedly it may not have been enough. ^^

And I don't like using Blissey either. In fact, I only have one because someone traded me one. XD

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I really don't like Blissey either, but I use her for a single reason: SpecsMence.

I mean, think about it... lots of Pokemon can survive a Draco Meteor if EVed right, but Blissey is really the only one that can take one and not be made useless. That's the only reason I even consider using Blissey. And if you don't carry one and can't predict well (or don't want to sacrifice a Pokemon), you'll be in for a world of poop.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    lol well all i'm hearing from that is... Blissey is there to cover lack of skill...so if not being able to predict well is the reason for carrying one, then shouldn't the solution be to get better and learn to predict better and not settle for the cop-out solution?

but i'm not here to argue about Blisseys...

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
  • You can't argue that blissey is the best special wall in the game and does her job well. I use her on my other team and she's a fine edition, if you complain and can't beat her then it's YOUR lack of skill not the person using it. =/

Years
  • Almost all teams will have some sort of Blissey counter in their team. There are plenty of things you could use to at worst, limit Blissey's common traits in battle.

Anyway, I'm currently sat here hoping El Supafly does turn up soon. He said by pm he can battle early afternoon his time today, which is actually around right now. If he doesn't come on in the next few hours, chances are I think we won't be able to battle. Gonna be so mad if it ruins any chance I have of moving further into the tournament. I've worked damn hard for this.

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
  • Dude, supafly's a good friend of mine but don't worry. If it comes down to it he'll be DQ'd and you won't because of his inactivity. =/

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    lol well all i'm hearing from that is... Blissey is there to cover lack of skill...so if not being able to predict well is the reason for carrying one, then shouldn't the solution be to get better and learn to predict better and not settle for the cop-out solution?

but i'm not here to argue about Blisseys...

Oh shucks, too bad for you I'm like the biggest Blissey spammer =O If you hate Blissey, you basically hate Wi-Fi battling because 90% of the battles you'll have will have an opponent using Blissey =P

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2008
    Blissey is part of the game and there is no getting around it. Just bring a counter and get over it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fat Lucario, you seem like one who is just trying to pick a fight. Your post wasn't even remotely relative to the tournament... And i promise you i could argue the abuse of blissey a lot longer than you can argue her being a legit strategy.

On the matter at hand. Water Dragon has not contacted me and it will be the cut off date now. just posting the update on my pairing... i hate to move on like this.

blastoise>you

blahblahblah
    Years
  • Fat Lucario, you seem like one who is just trying to pick a fight. Your post wasn't even remotely relative to the tournament... And i promise you i could argue the abuse of blissey a lot longer than you can argue her being a legit strategy.

Lol. This is more flamming than what he typed and seems more like you are the poster trying to pick a fight more than Fat Lucario. Blissey is the best at what it does, plain and simple. It doesn't take more skill to use a weaker wall than to use Blissey.

Years
  • The last possible day for battles, and no sign of El Supafly at all. Last PM I got from him was last Tuesday, stating he would be able to battle early afternoon his time, which was my evening time. He never showed though, and no explanation since. Unless he comes on during my evening time tonight (which he hasn't done all week), then looks like our battle won't happen. I've been active every single day, and have tried organising something, but it's hard considering my opponent doesn't log in until fairly late, and doesn't get in contact or post here either.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Lol. This is more flamming than what he typed and seems more like you are the poster trying to pick a fight more than Fat Lucario. Blissey is the best at what it does, plain and simple. It doesn't take more skill to use a weaker wall than to use Blissey.

Pin pointing out posts doesn't exactly help either. Exactly Blissey is the best as you stated, people with lack of skill tend to use blissey more often. IMO blissey users are pathetic.

Back