• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
  • talk about luck?!? they wanted a coin toss. >_>

Haha, that's true too XD Yeah, that doesn't solve much either. They could both move on perhaps, sometimes particular opponents have trouble connecting with wifi and they just get shuffled in the next round.

Speaking of which...Flare/Wolf I apologize for what I said earlier that we were waiting on you. Where are Zam/dewey!? :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    It seems Prince made contact with Gunners, but no reply i presume.
    We should get moving quick.

EDIT: aragornbird hasnt been on since 1st March 2009 =/

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • No worries, Mukka, aragorn will guaranteed show up right when he needs to battle. In this case, since new pairings go up this Saturday, he'll probably reappear soon enough to defeat all of us. XDD

As for Gunners, he just posted in a trade thread...so if _Prince_ can't find him, he's definitely avoiding the match ha.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Yeah, and it's been a while since I've seen Zam online... March 23rd, 2009 03:35 PM

Well, maybe not so long. xD
    Actually, make that right now. XD

Yeah, sorries, school and Platinum has been keeping me away from here lately. So, I see FinalFlare and Dark Wolf have had a number of problems with connecting. And as Volkner mentioned, this has happened before in the 3rd Tournament, where I allowed both people to move on. This is what I'll do in this case, though I'll also be taking both of you out of the running for any future free rounds. Sounds fair? ^_^

And of course, all I need to do now is to pwn dewey. Whenever you're ready to lose, I'll be ready to win! :D

FinalFlare

.::Pokecommunity's Finest::.
    Years
  • Actually, make that right now. XD

Yeah, sorries, school and Platinum has been keeping me away from here lately. So, I see FinalFlare and Dark Wolf have had a number of problems with connecting. And as Volkner mentioned, this has happened before in the 3rd Tournament, where I allowed both people to move on. This is what I'll do in this case, though I'll also be taking both of you out of the running for any future free rounds. Sounds fair? ^_^

And of course, all I need to do now is to pwn dewey. Whenever you're ready to lose, I'll be ready to win! :D

Yup, that sounds fair enough. Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    No worries, Mukka, aragorn will guaranteed show up right when he needs to battle. In this case, since new pairings go up this Saturday, he'll probably reappear soon enough to defeat all of us. XDD.

Yeah, but then i need to be on for him to get his battle done tomo xD
    but i will be on as much as possible so i can get in touch with aragorn if he does come on.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Well, we're still waiting on two battles in the regular tourney, one of which is mine. *sweatdrop*

I've sent dewey a few messages over the last 48 hours, and I hope we can find a time to battle tonight, or at the latest tomorrow.

Regardless, I have to go to work soon so I cannot make up Round Three until I come back. That'll be in about 10 hours from now, at 3:00 PM GMT. Sorries for the little wait. *sweatdrops*

EDIT: Apparently I double posted without realizing. *quotes earlier post here and deletes it*

Alakazam17 said:
    Well, guess what has just been brought to my attention by _Prince_: apparently Platinum has a little glitch. >_<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pH0ohPZJiM

So basically, if a fleeing Pokemon in Platinum is KO'd from Pursuit during weather, "Acid Rain" will start to fall, which basically results in double, triple, or quadruple Sandstorm damage(in Sandstorm, Sun, or Hail, respectively) until the weather is changed.

So, I expect there may be a few of you battling here with Platinum, so I think it'd be best to make you aware of the problem. Should any of you face this little glitch in our future battles, please just let me know, and any action that results will be decided on a case-by-case basis, until the guys over at Smogon decide on what to do about it. I think an "Acid Rain Clause" will do it, but that's just me. XD

Hopefully this won't be a problem, heh.

~Zam

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Well, guess what has just been brought to my attention by _Prince_: apparently Platinum has a little glitch. >_<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pH0ohPZJiM

So basically, if a fleeing Pokemon in Platinum is KO'd from Pursuit during weather, "Acid Rain" will start to fall, which basically results in double, triple, or quadruple Sandstorm damage(in Sandstorm, Sun, or Hail, respectively) until the weather is changed.

So, I expect there may be a few of you battling here with Platinum, so I think it'd be best to make you aware of the problem. Should any of you face this little glitch in our future battles, please just let me know, and any action that results will be decided on a case-by-case basis, until the guys over at Smogon decide on what to do about it. I think an "Acid Rain Clause" will do it, but that's just me. XD

Hopefully this won't be a problem, heh.

~Zam

Ban Pursuit simple like I stated earlier to you. Unless people really wanna play around with a messed up glitch and certainly is gonna have a big impact in a battle.

dewey

Anime Addict
    Years
  • im fairly certain that pursuit glitch is only for the japanese versions of plat. that video was a jap version played with an english patch. so pursuit should be fine.

p.s. bring it zam...im a little rusty so yeah <.<

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • im fairly certain that pursuit glitch is only for the japanese versions of plat. that video was a jap version played with an english patch. so pursuit should be fine.

p.s. bring it zam...im a little rusty so yeah <.<

Nah, it's REAL, this glitch is in the US platinum too.

Saddly, It's more like a Glitch Field. Pursuit isn't the only thing activating the multi killing weather affects.
    Posted from Smogon
    'Trick Room activates Rain, Sand, Sun, Hail, Fog, Trick Room, Uproar, and Gravity'

Not sure how the trickroom one works, I'd post the link but I can't
    Activating the pursuit one is easy, make sure you are the host who's gonna be using pursuit against a fleeing pokemon (it must KO to activate the glitch), one of the weather effects have to be in play.

Last edited:

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    Deweey is right actually. its only in the Jap rom that that happened, everything works fine with a proper game cart. Either that or now every game cart does it

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Okay, I hope that's right. Regardless, Japanese cartridges are allowed here, so still be aware of this if you intend to use one.

And thanks to the database errors earlier, Round Three shall be coming an hour later than I originally stated. But no worries, it will be up very shortly.

EDIT: And shortly has come! :D

dewey & myself: As I've done with others in this situation, I'll be allowing this battle a few more days.
    Gunners & _Prince_: I am giving _Prince_ the win by DQ based off of your activity, Gunners. But hey, if you two can find each other this weekend and battle, just let me know. ^_^
    Everyone in Uberz: Well, you guys are in the Semi-Finals so I do not want to disqualify two of you based off of activity. I'll give you another week to get it done before I'll be forced to do just that though.

And now, for the next round:

Tournament 7 Pairings

Round Three

Team Earth

dewey/Alakazam17 VS aragornbird

Mukkamoto VS FinalFlare

junoliv VS Ooka

Dark Wolf VS Ito_Igami

_Prince_ VS Volkner's Apprentice

IcePyro VS Aurafire

As you can see, Teams America and Europe have now been merged into Team Earth. And oh yay, I get aragornbird this time around-or dewey does, but as I said before I'm going to make sure that doesn't happen! So, you have another two weeks to get your battles in, with the deadline being Saturday, April 11th, 2009. Good luck! :D​

Last edited:

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Deweey is right actually. its only in the Jap rom that that happened, everything works fine with a proper game cart. Either that or now every game cart does it

Orly? Has anyone tried following my steps I've posted before.

Activating the killer weather effects by pursuit:
    1: Make sure you are the host who's gonna be using pursuit against a fleeing pokemon
    2: It must KO to activate the glitch
    3: one of the weather effects (I.e standstorm) must be be in play.

Back