• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, super onii chan and I just had our Doubles battle, and it ended with me getting a 5-0 win. Good game, onii chan. ^_^

Flyingtacos

Flyingtacos? WTF!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    actually, I'm hack checking his dudes, he just didn't respond to my vms yet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    i did some damage calcs with max stats and they just don't check out. Especially his luxray which 2HKO'd my vaporeon with thunder. I could be wrong though but I have to check his dude's stats first in order to do so.

A Luxray with a hindering Nature, IV of 0 and no EV investment still does at least 34% damage to a Vaporeon with maximum HP and Special Defense, so a 2HKO is not that unusual if that Luxray had any sort of Special Attack investment and/or your Vaporeon focuses on Defense instead of Special Defense. That is not even counting extra damage from any held items, either.

...In fact, with merely a neutral nature, a Life Orb Thunder does indeed have the potential to 2HKO even Max HP/Max Special Defense Vaporeon.

Last edited:

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
    Years
    My Pokemon aren't hacked! If you guys want to check, I'll let Zam check my exact roster, my Luxray was EV trained from Level 3. I take time to train my pokemon, and go over my movesets so that I do maximum dammage. You lost, get over it.
    EDIT: Ooka just battled the Luxray in question. Ask him if it is hacked or not.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    yeah but with 2 turns of leftovers that doesn't work. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Also max spA luxray does between 50%-62% with thunder on max hp/almost minimum SDef vaporeon.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] It definitely wasn't holding a choice item or life orb so those are eliminated. The site i used for the calcs might have been a little off but I'm not 100% sure about that.
    When I get back, I'm planning to calculate this myself with the damage formula.

...Including neither Life Orb nor Choice Specs:

252 EV, Modest Thunder vs. 252 HP/ 252 SP. DEF Calm Vaporeon = 56.47% - 66.38%

252 EV, Modest Thunder vs. 252 HP/4 SP. DEF Bold Vaporeon = 78.45% - 92.24%

152 EV, Hasty/Naive Thunder vs. 252 HP/4 SP. DEF Bold Vaporeon = 65.52% - 77.16%

As far as I know, those should be accurate.

cartercr

Years
    My Luxray has a modest nature, I don't know how many EV's though. Before you go accusing people of hacking, you should deffinitely go cool off. My best guess is that you are mad after losing. Take a few deep breaths, and look at the stats.

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    ...Including neither Life Orb nor Choice Specs:

As far as I know, those should be accurate.
    Lol your right Forci, it does 2Hko easily too especially if its ability rivalry. If luxray was of an opposite gender to his vaporeon then it gets 1.5 x .. but even with out that max sp atk + life orb will always 2hko the standard Vaporeon. I doubt that urs was max Hp max sp def tho. cuz thats just a waste of evs.

cartercr

Years
    Thanks, I've been trying to calm him down. Anyways, thanks, I've actually never one a wi-fi battle until now. I guess this would be a good time to start. I can't get ahold of Atomic Sharks though...

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    for the first time in a long time, im actually in the mood for a battle. However, none of my opponents for the tourny are on and only Drv has contacted me to schedule a match time. The others, soul and T. Soul are yet to contact me in anyway. i have VM'd them both

Back