• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    "Beginner" and "experience" are contradictory terms. Make up your mind. Are you trying to sign up for the tourney?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He's already signed up.

But wow, this tourney is even bigger than the last one. I'll join, and that'll make it an even 88 for now.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

beast1678

Upcomming Champion!
    Years
    wow if i fite aragornbird im gonan lose..

u quite famous around here aragornbird

oo 15 mins till battles r out!!!

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Okay, at long last, here are the pairings for Pokecommunity's 2nd Tournament.

Tournament 2 Pairings
    Round One

PattySweets4 VS Luigi264

Shift VS Spyrus7

Akuchiki Byakuya VS Dragonzilla25

xzero30 VS electricgrass

Soulinferno VS pokettomonsuta

Gaby85 VS xXscytherXx

Xbaseballkid93x VS supermandudekid

rellyms VS chibi

Punishment VS kyoshikitten

Shadowdragon154 VS jcurci

Itachi Uchiha VS Kurogane

Karsen VS Law07

Burzes VS Narutonoor

NessStar3000 VS -: Trey :-

Omega Envoy of Darkness VS Opdi

<Nico> VS Dragon Tamer Ed

Jirachi3 VS ShadowLati0s

Master_Beaver VS aragornbird

Mizer VS genus

Ichida VS Abyssion

fabio875 VS ZERO LOVE

PsyDragon Trainer VS Action

Paranoia VS BIGbigman93

mlglilsturgill VS lilg

Yoshistar64 VS Infernape EX

Legacy VS _Prince_

RileySox VS lazeboy4life555

mrmo1115 VS Red X

AbareMax VS AdvancedK9

R.A.M. VS Grant

GOPgabe VS Arcanine

mithos kid VS Bluekikatana

Not a Nazi VS kingdumz

Zazzeh VS Jedite1000

rogersanchez12 VS Murderface

¤Charlie¤ VS J

PKMN Trainer Max VS Ryuuzaki-san

Cakekun VS Nameless111

Kenny_123 VS Ryan24

Pn0y VS ukballer

Ichaste Pekoni VS beast1678

AiR.B VS Hoshiko

linkandzelda VS Richard Steel

Lex Rextron VS ThePlaya

All results should be in by August 24th, 2007. Good Luck!

And now....BEGIN YOUR BATTLES!!! :D

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Never heard of Kenny_123..I didn't even see him on the members list of the forum. Hmm time to do some research before my match, hehe. Shame Aragorn snuck in right before the draw ;]. I wish it was possible to watch battles on wi-fi, I would just do that the whole tournament.

Oh and a question; after each person in the above pairings win their match, do you face the next name next to you (ex: the bottom pair winner faces the match winner from right above them) until it gets to an odd number, or are you randomizing it again?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I'll be randomizing it again for each round.

As for Kenny_123, he is one of the ones who got one of my PM's on Wednesday. He joined about 2 pages back, if I recall correctly.

EDIT: make that four pages ago, in addition to being his only post on the forum.

I haven't gotten responses from six people who I kept on the list. All six have less than 10 posts, though most joined fairly recently. If we don't see them soon, I'll pair their respective opponents against each other instead.

I posted them before, but here they are again:

xzero30
    kyoshikitten
    -: Trey :-
    mlglilsturgill
    Kenny_123
    Not a Nazi

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Interessant. Heh. Hopefully he comes back on to battle; he's a "new trainer" but I doubt a pushover. We'll see. I'll send him a PM too and if he looks here, this post says I can battle..er..when..you can..?.

Is until August 24th the time he has to reply?

Edit: Oh alright yay, I'll still get a (hopefully) active opponent.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    'SkarmBliss abuser'? A metagame standard is a metagame standard because it's useful, but not unbeatable. Skarmbliss is old hat, and really took a beating this gen with all the mix sweepers.

The 10 Best Ways to beat SkarmBliss
    1) Dugtrio
    2) Magneton/Magnezone
    3) Mix sweeper Salamence
    4) Mix sweeper Garchomp
    5) Gyarados
    6) Nasty Plot exploder Azelf
    7) Mix sweeper Infernape
    8) Nasty Plot Aura Sphere Togekiss
    9) Calm Mind Slowbro
    10) Trickspecs Alakazam

Anyways, I'll prod my opponent, and look up their post history and, should I be lucky, see which teams they like to run with.

I loiter in #smogon, it's on the same network as the trading channel so I'll know if you're ready for a battle.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I'll give them all a week, just as I gave those who have already been taken off. So that's next Wednesday/Thursday.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    'SkarmBliss abuser'? A metagame standard is a metagame standard because it's useful, but not unbeatable. Skarmbliss is old hat, and really took a beating this gen with all the mix sweepers.

The 10 Best Ways to beat SkarmBliss
    1) Dugtrio
    2) Magneton/Magnezone
    3) Mix sweeper Salamence
    4) Mix sweeper Garchomp
    5) Gyarados
    6) Nasty Plot exploder Azelf
    7) Mix sweeper Infernape
    8) Nasty Plot Aura Sphere Togekiss
    9) Calm Mind Slowbro
    10) Trickspecs Alakazam

Anyways, I'll prod my opponent, and look up their post history and, should I be lucky, see which teams they like to run with.

I loiter in #smogon, it's on the same network as the trading channel so I'll know if you're ready for a battle.

Actually, SkarmBliss is becoming slightly obsolete... besides myself, I think I've only battled two or three people who use it on a regular basis. Well, I see Blissey everywhere I turn, but not as many a Skarmory as you may imagine. I think people are turning to Levitating Bronzong for a good physical wall, or something like Dusknoir/Spiritomb. I've seen more Dusknoirs than I have Skarmorys. But I think I've seen more Blisseys than I have Garchomps and Tyranitars combined... now that's a crap load of Blisseys. So Skarmory should be a second thought at best, but do plan to take out Blissey, because she can ruin teams without a decent counter, and I think 3/5 teams will run her, if not more.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    Blissey is seeing heavy use, because aside from Cresselia it's the only special tank capable of taking Draco Meteor (bye Snorlax).

Whereas with Skarmory, other pokemon got better (Slowbro), superior options came along (Hippowdon) and mechanic changes (a 2 turn+ taunt) hurt its usability. You still see Skarmories, because people haven't realized Skarmory is outclassed. I expect the metagame will soon leave him in the dust, once it's realized that Skarm's former roles are better fulfilled by something else.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    does anyone know anything about Akuchiki Byakuya. I looked up his profile and he has a decent record. I am so going to lose

"do plan to take out Blissey" Yeah I got that covered w/ my Gallade. (close combat)

Last edited:
    Back