• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well since this has been dead for sometime i guess i can liven it up. This "lucky loser" spots i believe should not go to anyone who has faced someone who is still in the competition. This is because i use the same team throughout and it is not fair to me that someone i already battled and won against who has seen my team gets back in the competition. Its like giving him/her double chance of winning against me now when i won the match when it was suppose to be won. So in choosing the "lucky loser", it has to go to someone who has not faced any person remaining in the competition as it compromises things for those who actually won their spot. I don't think that any of the remaining contestants will object to that.
    I get what you're saying; however, the only alternatives are the following:

1) Starting a Round Robin wherever everyone battles everyone else. This has been used in earlier tournaments with not much success, so I scrapped it. Furthermore, it would ultimately result in the same thing you have a problem with in the current system.

2) Limiting the number of entrants to 2 to the power of X. I know several of the unofficial tournaments use this method, but I've steered away from it for several reasons. First and foremost is the no-shows, who almost everytime cut the number of competitors down by a bit, thus creating the exact same problem that we have in the system here.

I've made several changes to the rules based on my experience running this thing(ie. the regional teams being implemented to reduce time-zone difficulties), and this 'Lucky Loser' bit is one of them. I don't really see it going any differently. :/

If anything, I could make it so that if that lucky loser would end up unalterably facing the person they already lost to(like in the final), it would result in an automatic loss. I'm a bit wary about implementing this however, though it may make some sense.

And to Ochigi:

Sorry to hear about your real-life troubles, and I'll be hoping for your speedy recovery. :D

And as for missing the battle, don't worry. You have a very good reason amidst a sea of lazy excuses. =P

Last edited:

Junoliv

'Luv ur pokemon' how pathetic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    The last one sounds like a plan to me. Either that or picking someone who hasn't faced anyone left in the tournament.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Dead tournament is dead. =/
    I'll have to agree with this statement. The deadline is tomorrow, and not a single Quarter Final match is completed. :/

What's more is that I can't even pick a Lucky Loser in this situation, which messes this up further. I'll just wait until late tomorrow for now, and make a decision then.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Me and Jake should be battling at around uhhhh...11pm my time. Basically in an hour and a half, assuming we got our timezones calculated correctly.
    I actually forgot until I checked here. Whoops!

Edit: Defeated justjake 3-0.

Last edited:

Junoliv

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    I think its that people have lost interest in this 4th generation now. Battles just done come by like they used to. Same teams run the metagame and the metagame itself is nothing more than a state of counters and counter-counters. There is no place for personality in a team lest you be called a noob as you will lose all too often. The metagame needs to be shaken up. Thank God for 5th generation.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Wow, I'm glad to see the difference that 24 hours makes, XD. Congrats on winning your battles, _Prince_ and Griffinbane! :D

In regards to Junoliv and Kenpachi, Junoliv wins on activity here, but if you can battle by Wednesday, let me know. ^^

And now, let us begin the Semi Final!

Tournament 10 Pairings

Semi Final

Junoliv VS justjake

Griffinbane VS _Prince_

Just three more battles left to go, folks! With a mix of veteran battlers and new faces alike, these next few battles should they happen should prove quite interesting. And, as always, you all have two weeks to get your results in, making the deadline Saturday, May 8th, 2010. Good luck, and...

COMMENCE! :D​

Junoliv

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    Guys please please please lets get this done in three days if we can? I'm referring to you as well kanapachi.= as i still want to battle you first.

Back