• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's Black and White Release Tournament [semi-finals in progress]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
    ARG! I'd love to do this, but I have a DS Lite and my home internet is WPA protected, which the Lite won't access! D:

However, I AM getting the 3DS on the 27th... so I might be able to do it on the last day, depending on when I go to pick it up. In case I can, sign me up for casual, and I'll go ahead and post my FC:

In game name: Kyle
    Friend Code (Black): 1549 4567 8760

Last edited:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I'll probably lose my first match but I don't really care! XD
    Casual
    My white FC is 1893 0617 6667.
    Edit: Actually, I can't enter. I'm a bit busy on the weekend and Friday, so you can take me out.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Sign me up for the competitive devision, Aurafire. I'm itching to battle with these new Pokémon. ^_^

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
    Umm, I don't know if all of you signing up for the casual tournament realize that in order for others to register your friend code, you need to also give out your in game name. There are quite a few people here that I'd like to add, but can't due to the lack of a name. If you would please consider this when posting your FC, everything would go much smoother.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for joining everyone! :)

Umm, I don't know if all of you signing up for the casual tournament realize that in order for others to register your friend code, you need to also give out your in game name. There are quite a few people here that I'd like to add, but can't due to the lack of a name. If you would please consider this when posting your FC, everything would go much smoother.
    Actually, you can add people with any name, only FCs matter. Unless they changed that in BW, but I haven't heard anything concerning that.

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
    Thanks for joining everyone! :)

Actually, you can add people with any name, only FCs matter. Unless they changed that in BW, but I haven't heard anything concerning that.

No changes, it still works like that unless its different for battling than for trading, which I doubt.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
    I'll be doing Casual Division [Though I won't be here on Saturday until Sunday 7 or 8PM, PDT(Pacific Daylight Tine)].
    White vers.
    Name: Ned
    FC: 1678 3078 7804
    Edit:Quick question, we're not allowed to use any Legendary?

Last edited:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Hope none of my team is on the banlist. But I'm only using unova pokemon EDIT: I just used Poketransfer to bring up some pokemon, but not my whole Gen IV team, I'm still using my starter though...
    Casual
    In game name: Will
    FC: 3181-5362-6417
    Edit: P.S. I have school, so I can't be on until 2 eastern or so. maybe a little later. then later i have soccer practice, but this evening im pretty open.

Last edited:

EchoFire9

Sixth Ranger
    Years
    Can we use non-Gen 5 pokemon from post game shenanigans?
    Or only Unova natives?
    EDIT: Anyway, sign me up for casual.
    FC: 4641-8256-9275
    In-game name: Cooper

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
    No changes, it still works like that unless its different for battling than for trading, which I doubt.

No, it has been changed. In the Pal Pad, you HAVE to enter a player name before you can enter their number. If you try to continue without entering a name, it won't let you.

EDIT: I just tested using buffer names, and it seems that it lets you enter the code, but I'm not sure if entering a fake name works yet. I'd still recommend to all those joining casual to add their name as well.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    two things
    1: it doesn't matter what name you put in the Pal pad. my friends name is tommy so i put that in, but his in game name is White. if they don't leave a name here just put in there PC name.

2: stupid question, but are there any pokemon banned from the tourney and if there are what are they?

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I may as well have a go at the Casual Tourney, I mean why not? I'll just be using my in game team, as I haven't trained a proper one yet.
    My FC is 1119 9427 0232.

EDIT: I just tested using buffer names, and it seems that it lets you enter the code, but I'm not sure if entering a fake name works yet. I'd still recommend to all those joining casual to add their name as well.

It definitely doesn't matter, all of the trades I've had in Black I've just used forum names, same as in Gen IV.

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    I can't get pokemon online so I'll sign up for casual.
    FC: 0991 1125 9022

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
    2: stupid question, but are there any pokemon banned from the tourney and if there are what are they?

I would imagine only the pokemon on smogon's current Gen V ban list. I'm not able to link it because I don't have fifteen posts, but I'm sure you can find it. Smogon forums > Generation 5 > OU Analysis > OU Banlist.

That said, I'm obviously not running this tournament and am not an authority in anyway, so I'd wait for confirmation from one of the guys running the tournament.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    There's no banlist for the casual tournament, since it's...you know, casual. Feel free to use any pokemon you want. :P

The Gen V banlist only applies to the competitive tournament.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    Okay i want to join. Sign me up for a casual battle. Here is my friend code 3310 3920 1842

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back