• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pearl/FireRed Problem

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I recently got FireRed, but whenever I try and load a DS game with FR in the GBA slot it deletes the data on FR. Now, you might say just don't try and load DS games with it in, but I need to connect the two for migration and dongle pokemon.

Any ideas how to stop it? It's really irritating.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    How do I change the backup memory

It's not too much of a problem now cause I can trade to Sapphire and migrate that way, but if I can stop it that would be great, I mean the game itself works fine.

JacobGRocks

Pokemon Master
    Years
    You may have a fake FireRed. Is the game cart light red? And is there a Nintendo logo on the circuit board of FireRed? (shine a flashlight where the connectors are)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Right colour and it's got a logo

The game is second hand so I can only assume it was damaged by the previous owner.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    You're Fire Red card may have a fault. Mine did, it deleted itself and I had a Dragionair! (but thats not important now ^^;;)

Anyway, the game's memory gets worn out after having it for a long time and does end up deleting itself, so it may be that.

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    I had my Sapphire For Almost 3 years. Still Working. and I have a Fired for 2 years. Thought it's glitched.

Back