• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Peculiar Habbits

Years
  • Everyone has their little eccentricities. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I talk myself all the time, and actually started doing it now as I type this. I just mutter a lot of things even when I am alone, and sing quite a bit around the house. I think that's probably a more common one though.

One thing I do that I think is just me is yell when I am feeling stressed--not at someone, I just will let out an exasperated cry of gibberish maybe at the ceiling.

I'm told by my mother that also I pace when I am excited, and have done so ever since I could walk. Though I have never noticed this one myself :p

Something odder about me is that I like to chew things. I once had a bad habbit of chewing the cap on ink pens when I was writing without even thinking about it. I had boxes of bent, funny-looking pens. Nowadays I find myself chewing on icecubes. I like my drinks cold, and filled with more ice in my cup than the beverage, and I crunch the ice as I drink. It drives an acquaintance of mine crazy. I even do this in winter, I crave that ice, especially the little crushed pieces. I eat them like candy.

So what are your quirks?

Years
    • Seen today
    I eat peculiarly. By that I mean I trim off layers of my food until the thing I'm eating looks skinned. It doesn't matter what the food is. I do this with full meals and even small thing such as pieces of candy.

I love pizza crust but I don't eat it. This is because I have a habit of never taking the last couple bites and the crust is at the bottom.

I also love yogurt but I can't put it in my mouth because it turns disgusting and I gag. Instead I lick at it. (Which someone said it's like watching a cat drink water).

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
    Years
  • I do similar things to you, OP, I talk to myself when I'm by myself. I also tend to tap my feet, but only when I'm on hardwood flooring. I can't really think of anything else.

Years
  • Thankfully I'm not alone in talking to myself. Do you guys do it loudly and broadcast-like as well? I always imagine myself in like an interview situation where I answer a random question someone asks me in my head lmao. I feel like this is why my relatives tend to avoid me...

Also I used to chew on zippers as a kid. Only the metal ones too. And I kept wondering how I constantly got mouth infections.

Years
  • I'm constantly rearranging stuff to be symmetrical or in patterns or tapping my feet or fingers and stuff. Yay autism.
    I have also been known to start running through random cha cha groupings and stuff while waiting for the microwave. Thankfully it has been a long time since anyone has caught me in the process of that one lmao.

Years
  • Remember when you go to a fast food restaurant or convenience store and get a fountain drink, well I for my entire life I always push down those buttons on the lid and I mean every single one of them.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have a nervous laugh that happens whenever I'm experiencing a strong negative emotion - under stress, uncomfortable, upset, mad... I have no idea why it happens but it sounds like a mix between laughing and crying and I can't stop. It has definitely scared people as it is usually super sudden.

My family always taught me to knock on wood if I said anything that could jinx myself or someone else - I still do it to this day.

People always think I am texting a crush whenever I message people on my phone because apparently I always light up and smile a lot when I'm texting friends. I never really noticed but it's a nice habit to have I think.

Years
  • I laugh a lot, even if something isn't funny. I'm told it's part of my Asperger's? It may be because I don't really know what is funny?

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • most of my "peculiar habits" are really just stims i'd say. i talk to myself, pace, flap my arms, rock back and forth, repeat words/phrases/noises (echolalia), etc. literally all of the habits i can think of all are stims in some way or another lol.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I have a habit of cracking my knuckles and snapping my fingers. It relieves tension and calms me down for some reason.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    as other people have said, most of my habits are tied to my aspergers, e.g pacing, talking aloud, making expressions for conversations i'm having in my head, etc etc. not sure if it counts as a habit, but i also take apart a burger and eat it in separate bits when i have one; i can't just eat it all together in one bite.

Back