• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pen or pencil?

Pen or Pencil?

• Pen

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Pencil

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Um...?

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Pens, always. I used to use pencils, but found that after a while, my writing faded or got smudged up by the pages rubbing against one another. Also, pencils tend to smudge onto my hand while I write, and that gets annoying. So I only use pens, and pencils when I don't have a choice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It depends on the situation. I normally use pens though, but I'll use pencils while drawing, and if I feel like using them, and if I feel that they need to be used in a situation.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Pen all of times only in writing, but when I'm solving something like math problems I used pencil so that I can erase my mistakes.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Primarily, I prefer pens over pencils. They're not as likely to fade as pencil marks will, and are easier to read. I do however prefer a pencil when I'm drawing, but not a standard pencil. Mechanical pencils are a must, elsewise I'd go crazy. (I hate sharpening pencils...it gets annoying)

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    Depends on what I want to do with it. I don't like a pencil for notes, because it becomes blunt and I almost never have a sharpener with me. But pens are somehow more boring.

So I like not writing at all?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I prefer to use pencils, more specifically mechanical pencils. Reason being is because I like to have the chance to erase my mistakes when made and using a pencil just comes naturally to me a I've been using it for so long now. With a mechanical pencil I also don't have to worry about the hassle of sharpening a pencil, it just takes a few click and I get more lead with ease. With pens, I only use it when needed such as for signatures, but other than that I don't like using them as much because when I make a mistake I'd have to scratch it or rewrite it which is more of a hassle if I were to sharpen a pencil. Plus, my handwriting looks a little different from when I write with a pencil, which I don't like too much.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I use both on a daily basis, but pencil wins. Pen is really sloppy and one actually blew up on me once. I swear after that I never used orange-inked pen again.

Pencils are easy to erase. I know, certain pens' ink are no erasable, but it's not as sufficient as a pencil's.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
    Pens are more comfortable to write with, but there's practically impossible for me to use. Trust me, I make like a million mistakes while writing or drawing, and thus I could not function with something that couldn't be erased. xD;

Years
    I use both quite often but I prefer pencil for erasing mistakes I make. I've always used pencil for whenever I am doing any Algebra or Calculus homework. I usually make a mistake very often so I have to erase a lot.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I love pens, actually I would say that I love pens and steal other peoples pens because I'm a kleptomaniac for sure. So I prefer pens over pencils.

Back