• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pen or pencil?

Pen or Pencil?

• Pen

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Pencil

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Um...?

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I prefer the all purpose pencil than the pen. For calculations, for drawing, you name it, so long as it's not signing, I am alright with it.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Mechanical pencil because I have to erase. But I like pens too.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    If I am doing school work then it's pencil if I am writing something at my house then it is pen.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I really hate pencils for writing. It just doesn't... look right to me. Ugly little grey colour or dazzling blue or black? Although for drawing purposes my pencil is my best friend, I prefer it over tools like charcoal, oil pastel and especially paint.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I prefer pencils over pens, solely because I tend to make mistakes frequently.
    With a pen, I can't really correct any mistakes I've made, ultimately ending in a completely illegible piece of writing.
    Pencils, on the other hand, let me correct any mistakes I've made easily without having to start all over for a small grammar error.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    whatever happens to be near by? lol

I prefer fine point pens that don't dig into my skin (let's just say I have a weird grip when writing), but finding the right one that I like is rare. Pencils are the usual tool of choice.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    Though I never use pencils anymore unless I'm doing something that needs handwritten and long, As in don't want mistakes, I prefer Pencils.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I love the way that pens write, so I prefer them. It's smooth and it doesn't get that scratchy sound and feeling that the pencil has. Although the pen is the "most permanent of all writing utensils," I find it most effective and prettyyyy :]]. It also stands out in the light paper better than a pencil does. It helps for studying and focusing on what I'm writing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright. This non-English-native-speaker had to go look up those words on Wikipedia.
    I always thought this:
    Pen or pencil?
    was a pen, and pencils were all the dry drawing sticks..............

Righteyooh. I prefer pencils, usually. I like to write and sketch with them, much because you can erase any wrongs and make shades easily.

Pens are sometimes nicer to write with, though. Depends on what I feel like atm.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Possibly pencil. Pen is okay during quick writing sessions, but pencil would be better, seeing as it has an eraser that would work a lot better than an erasable pen. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Mechanical pencils because I like to click the button and then slide the lead back in.

Back