• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pencils, Markers, & Pens Oh My!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • This is sorta similar to a topic sammi-san did a long time ago. I decided to uhh... revive it, I guess.

Anyways, there are times that we seem to write better with a certain writing utensil such as pencils, lead pencils, ball-point pens, markers, crayons, etc. What writing utensil do you feel comfortable with? Which utensil do you use more?

I feel a lot better using mechanical pencils. Though they use a lot of lead, but I like the part that they smudge a lot less than regular, wooden pencils. I use gel pens sometimes, it makes me feel a bit artistic.

Lame title is lame, I know.

Years
  • I feel obligated to post here. 8)

I still like pens the best! They don't smear like pencils can, I like how ink looks, and they come in so many pretty colors. Only downside is that unless you buy an erasable pen (which sucks!), you can't erase it. Oh well, guess there's whiteout.

Years
  • Of course I am writing always with pen. Pencil is only in a really critical situation when I don't have pen :c. Prefer to use black color, it's more suitable to exams and long projects/reports.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
  • I tend to smudge a little things no matter what.

But for drawing and writing I prefer mechanical pencils. It's easily erasable, easily refillable, and you don't have to buy a different sort of pen for the colour/type of lead. Of course, the only limit is that you have to have a specific thickness of the lead refill for each pen otherwise the pen will eventually break.

Years
  • Are you actually serious? A topic on the preference of writing utensils? What am I going to do with you people . . .

My handwriting is beyond the realm of mere chicken scratch. It is so attrociously poor that no writing utensil could possibly improve it. My weapon of choice is the standard ball point pen. I have tested regular pencils VS mechanical ones and I do like think the mechanical ones are superior. I rarely ever use pencils now. Hell, I try to limit my writing in general, since practically any kindergarten child would have the elegance in writing ability such that comparing it to mine wields a similar result to contrasting the most beautiful scenery imaginable against a multiple scale car accident on the motorway and let's throw in a plane crash for good measure.

It's a good thing I can type up my assignments eh . . . though I'm still screwed on the exams.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Rollerball pens all the way.

I haven't written in pencil for at least ten years now, and if someone hands me something that is written in it, I do judge them a little: it's all so faint and grey and unprofessional. Ballpoint pens are at least a step-up from pencils, but most of them aren't very well designed and the ink in them is of a poor quality for the most part - that's why they're so cheap. Fountain pens I like, but always fear that I'm going to break one somehow due to their relative ornateness in comparison to all the other writing utensils mentioned thus far. Rollerballs offer a nice compromise: the deeper saturation of fountain pens with the simplicity of ballpoints. Somehow, they make my writing much neater too, so I always use them come exam time.

Of course, I'd rather type everything... I'm so much quicker at typing that writing!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Mechanical pencils and ballpoint pens all the way! If I must use a regular pencil, I'd prefer it to be a Dixon Ticonderoga #2. Though, I do have a liking to those really large pencils that Kindergardener's use.

Years
  • Is a laptop on that list of choices? xD

Well pen i guess, but it has to be green. i don't know why but i feel a lot more comfertable when i'm writing in green or red. although it doesnt help my hand writing xD

For drawing i like to use a regular pencil any will do as it will probably be scanned in sooner or later, i like the way it looks when its gone back over like a billion times xD

Years
  • Being a student, I prefer to write with pens. What they lack in not being erasable (well, most variants), they make up for by allowing me to write fast, which is great for taking notes. Mechanical pencils are pretty cool as well.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I can write easily with a lot of things. I prefer to use a Black Gel Pen.

Although I sometimes use plain Biro's (Writing is scruffier with them) Gel Pen's are the way forward.

I despise writing in Pencil I just, ERGH! Crayon's annoy me to! u_u

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I've actually found a type of pen which writes really nicely and has an eraser which genuinely works perfectly! So, I use those all the time.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I prefer writing with the impact of my fingers on a board of buttons to make my letters magically appear on a computer screen. Top priority there.

If I have no choice, I'll prefer pen. After that, wood pencil.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I prefer pens over pencils, for sure. I always feel so messy when I'm writing with pencils. It doesn't help that I'm left-handed, so whenever I write with pencil it smudges and gets all over my hands. Not pretty at all. ;o; Pens just glide so smoothly over the paper, and I feel my handwriting is so much neater when I'm writing with one.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I enjoy pens the most. They make my day happy with their ink..and their permanence. Markers are like..a pen's evil child.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I usually use pens, since regular pencils make my skin crawl, and mechanical pencils are too frail for my quick (and sloppy) handwriting, plus ink just looks awesome. I sometimes use crayons when theres nothing around..Much to the distate of whoevers reading what I wrote. Never use markers, cause my handwriting is bad when im rushing (which is most of the time, except a report..) but I do have pretty good handwriting if I tried..*shrugs*

Back