• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pens? Pencils?

Years
  • At school or work, or anywhere actually, what do you feel more comfortable writing with: a pen or a pencil?

I rather use pens, I've been using them so much in school I've gotten used to it. I hardly use pencils now. Just feels different to me. xD

So, pens or pencils?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Pens. I don't like how pencil tends to "fade" over time. And yes, I'll even do my math homework in pen, even if it means multiple cross-outs and me having to go through multiple pieces of lined paper.

Years
  • Pens. Since I'm left-handed, I always get a big fat smear on the bottom of my left hand after prolonged writing, and it's much worse with pencil. Also, pen is easier for me to read, since ink is usually darker than pencil. And it doesn't smear! I mourn the loss of some of my writing due to smeared pencil...

Years
  • Ballpoint Pen > anything

With a regular pen, my handwriting is less of a mess, but I'm writing slow as hell and after a while, my hand is full of ink.

With a pencil, I have no problems, except that the writing is not that consisting. Also, sharpening is annoying.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Pens. Since pencil writing can fade after some times and also when I write I put the side of my hand on the paper and the pencil led smears on my hand.

Although I'd rather use pencils for artwork/drawing.

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I like to use pencils more, but like others have said, they seem to fade away after a while, so pens are the answer to that, but my final answer is pencils.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Depends on whatever I'm doing. If its something like writing, computing stuff, and anything else I use pens. But when I'm bored and I want to draw stuff here and there, I use pencils. I'd prefer fine pointed pens over anything, though. o3o

Years
  • I prefer pens by far. It just flows better, for me.

Ballpoint, I guess.

This is one of my favorite pens.
    PilotV72.jpg

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    Although I like using pens because the ink just kind of slides out effortlessly, I've grown more accustomed to pencils because we're required to use pens in my school.

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    For most of my notes, etc, I prefer a lead pencil. But, since most of what I hand write are mostly the rough notes so, I have to use a pen, so I prefer a fountain ink pen. They're are smoother to write with, the point doesn't break, ink flow is consistent and they don't need sharpening. xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I used to be able to write consistantly neat using pencils in primary school, but ever since I have been using pen for a longer amount of time, I have somewhat gotten used to the way they feel. So everytime I go back to writing with pencils, it just feels awfully odd to me. :\
    Plus I hate the mess of sharpening, lead breakage and fading.
    But since I write with my left hand pen's do like to smudge all of thier ink onto the side of my hand! D:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I use just about everything @_@ Since I hardly need to do any writing or math at school.. I'll do all my "homework" in pens, pencils, markers, sharpies, paint, charcoal, digital..

@_@ You name it.

Back