• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

People Peeves & "Oui"s

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
  • What do you despise in other people? What really turns you off from befriending someone? Can people recover from first impressions? Are you yourself guilty of the same characteristics you despise in others? (Hypocrite!) :pink_disbelief:

Then name some things you really like and respect! Things you yourself may wish you could do, like language skills, or travelling, or personality traits.

Don't call people out, though. That wouldn't be nice. Be general :pink_nod: unless it's for something positive.

For me, I can't stand people who spend their time during class chatting about nonsensical things. Cosmo, SYTUCD-type TV Shows, celebrity gossip... I really can't stand it, especially the latter. Is your life really that boring? It just seems so superficial to me. Definitely not someone I would want to hang around; it would be too annoying.

I also don't like when people don't take all necessary precautions to ensure that he or she isn't disturbing the people around him or her. People leave their phones on during class and disrupt the entire lecture, and some put their phones on vibrate - good on you for the effort - but it's so strong that it shakes the entire table row and is consequently just as loud as a ringtone. It's disruptive and inconsiderate :pink_no:

I really like studious, mature and goal-oriented individuals. I think people who explore and adventure and travel are really neat! I want to travel a lot later on, and I really think it's brave to be able to backpack and go around countries to volunteer. I'm scared of hostels. The courage these people have :pink_nod: I'm envious and in awe at the same time ♥

Years
  • I dislike ambiguity. People who act inconsistently with things they express. Or if they express things in a way that are contradictory or unclear.

I may be contemplative and slightly manipulative with how I act and speak, but at least there is a perceived honesty, and that's all that really matters. ;)

Other than that, I am not a fan of people who are easily offended and get upset easily...ain't nobody got time fo' that.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
    Years
  • This may not seem fair but as a rather empathetic person it bugs me when other people can't put themselves in another person's shoes. This will extend to people not understanding me when I talk about things from someone else's point of view even if I may disagree with it, so I end up looking like a 'bad guy'.

Things that help me want to get to know someone are tolerance, willingness to listen, and a shared interest. I find it really easy to know whether someone has been truly listening to me or not because I've grown up with people that will interrupt me mid-sentence while having a conversation, proving that they weren't really listening. When I see someone that doesn't do that, I tend to want to be around them more.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Liars, hypocrites, and thieves. I'm usually pretty easy-going with people on first impressions and try not to nit-pick, but if I catch you doing any of the above you're instantly on my shit list.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • It's hard because I try to be friends with everyone - like I see mostly good in people that even people are hated on I don't find that bad. However there is on pet peeve in particular I dislike - I feel so hypocritical saying it though and it's quite hard to explain.

There's certain people who tend to try and converse with me in things that I have either no knowledge about. Like I can't get into the conversation than to just nod my head or reply with "That's cool" or something. It's not that I hate people who get passionate about things, in fact I love with, I just hate it when the conversation topic is nothing I know of is far from my interest and I can't contribute anything to the conversation and the person just talks forever on end and I just feel like I'm standing their listening to you babble about things you think I have knowledge on/understand you but I don't.

There was this one time when some guy I met at university just talked about how his laptop specs in the most bragging manner. Like I understand computer specs and I can somewhat converse with a person about them, but I don't give a shit if your laptop is "the best laptop out there" and more "elite than any other laptop in existence" because it has all these high class specs and parts or whatever and you don't need to tell me about your amazing laptop every time I see you >___<. It's nice to know you have a good laptop, but I don't need to hear about it every day of my life.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Double standards. I hate double standards so much. At least acknowledge if you say or do something hypocritical and realize it's wrong.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    People can always recover from a bad first impression if they really want to! It's also likely that my first impression of them was based off of a bad situation, my limited understanding of why they did what they did etc. It could be my fault!

My BIGGEST pet peeve with other people is when they lie or make up stories to make themselves sound better. My cousin is the person that comes to mind as I write this. He'll literally tell stories that you can tell are completely fabricated because 1.) They either suggest another person completely broke who they are/confessed something to him because he's oh so special blahblahblah 2.) I was there and that IS NOT HOW IT HAPPENED.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    people who text during movies drive me up the wall. when i see someone texting in the theater i get violent, if no one is there to stop me i probably will throw a popcorn kernel or two. like i didn't pay $16 to see you text your fricken momma for an hour and a half, ughhh.
    i think one of the biggest things that makes me not want to be someone's friend is seeing that person being rude for no reason. i can be a hypocrite and it's bad, i know, but i keep hypocriticalness to myself.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I don't like phoniness. I feel like I can tell when someone's not being their real self and that always turns me off. If you can't be yourself, I don't really want to get to know you.

If someone judges another person by their physical appearance (features that are unchangeable), that's an automatic way to lose me as a friend. Several coworkers and friends in my life would make nasty comments about people with disabilities or serious weight issues and I really don't like that. Plenty of people I know have issues and I like to judge people based on their "insides", rather than "outsides".

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • > people who mock those with a disability
    > BULLIES
    > people who don't take up opportunities because they're lazy
    > ungratefulness

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I hate liars and I hate thieves. I despise people who cheat on their SO and then act like it's no big fucking deal. Laziness really pisses me off (I'm such a hypocrite here, I just can't get motivated to do anything. But when I do do something I don't fuck around). I hate people who will borrow something from you every day for a month and then you ask for something once and they act like you're being a douche and that you have no right.

Things that would be really offputting for me when trying to make friends with someone:

- They have an underlying tone of douchbag in the way they act and things they say/way they do things (to a certain degree it's alright and is fun/funny but there is such thing as too much)
    - Whenever you ask them for something or to do something for you they act like you're being ridiculous and you're making their life hell
    - They're easily offended or upset. I offend people regularly with my humor and just being around in general. I am offending.

People can most certainly recover from a first impression. I am generally disliked or people are wary of me when we first meet but I pretty much always rebound from that and people generally like me once they get to know me, so why shouldn't I give others the same opportunity?

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Things I don't like: arrogant/has a superiority complex, dishonesty, hypocritical, always negative/constantly complaining, tries to force their religion/ideas on me/other people, selfish/narcissistic behaviour, immaturity, not getting out of situations they don't like when they have control in the situation or blaming other people for their problems, gossipy behaviour

I used to give people a lot of chances but now I don't because people most of the time never change. "When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time" Is what I go by now. I understand someone can be having a bad day or something but after the second/third time someone has offensive behaviour I'm out of there.

Things I do (really) like!: has a great sense of humour, is accepting of other peoples ideals/interests/culture (you don't have to agree but don't be an asshole just because you disagree. If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all). I like people that are always trying to improve themselves and shoot for a goal. I also like people that I can learn good habits from (confidence/etc). Then we can help each other become better persons. Loyalty is also a biggie for me. I'm extremely loyal to my friends/family so I expect nothing less from them.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    everything. i despise literally everything in other people. 8I no one is safe. no one.

as far as things i like in other people go... again, most things. i appreciate and detest a lot of things, often at the same time.

like i love you all but god do you all piss me off. lmao.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    • People with victim complexes
    • Social softies who self-censor or euphemize a lot
    • People who are inconsiderate of others

I don't mind quirkiness at all. I don't mind someone being shy, or someone not knowing how to handle their problems. As long as they have the mind to listen, I think anything can be fixed that's broken.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Fakers. Basically, people who fake being someone they aren't. That can really piss me the fuck off because omfg. I can't even begin to tell you the story of what happened. I would rather just forget it even did because it was awful. I also don't like people who are rude or mean to others. If someone is like that, I don't have any problem dropping them from my friends list.

Lucid

Passive aggression. I much prefer direct conflict, it just feels so much healthier. It's not something that will turn me off to a person completely, but I find it annoying.

Years
  • Pretentiousness is something that's always really annoyed me in a person. I can handle a certain amount of arrogance but when people have an annoying air of self-importance it's really exhausting to be around. Someone who tries really hard to be funny/cool/whatever else is also bound to get on my nerves at some point.

Back